Calling all DIY'ers

Thanks very much for the offer @Polar but I'll order an SF-830 from Blck and see how it goes. I don't mind the jumping to 0.04 on the second drop - as long as it does jump and doesn't stay stuck on 0.00 when I've already done five or six drops. I have a 500g 0.1g MH to use in the meantime although that doesn't register anything below 0.3g. I was quite impressed with how accurate it is, though. I got my calibration weight yesterday and checked it today - it shows 199.8g for the 200g weight, which is easily near enough. Especially considering that I make a number of Wayne's recipes where I use 1.036g per ml of concentrate and Wayne himself just uses 1. And even my 1.036 is rough, some are more, some less. As long as it's in the ballpark, it's all good.
The one from Valley Vapour also says Model SF-830 on the box. Presume it is the same thing.
Has been working well for me. Now and then it freezes, like you mention. This always happens with small volumes. What I now do is to use the Tare function as little as possible and just add up in my head as I go along.

Yes, Blck and Valley both sell the SF-830. It seems that occasional freezing is common to all the cheap scales, which makes it necessary to count drops in my case. Maybe we can ask @HotRod19579 to do the weight column that it gives cumulative weight totals, i.e. that you first put in 2.59g of nic, then it will be 2.98g after your first flavour, then 3.45g after your second flavour, and so on?

The one from Valley Vapour also says Model SF-830 on the box. Presume it is the same thing.
Has been working well for me. Now and then it freezes, like you mention. This always happens with small volumes. What I now do is to use the Tare function as little as possible and just add up in my head as I go along.
Same here, I start with PG>NIC>Flavours. Can just imagine the blank look I give my house mates when they conversing and my brain's off doing calculus somewhere.

That's only if you mix according to your recipe ordet

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes, Blck and Valley both sell the SF-830. It seems that occasional freezing is common to all the cheap scales, which makes it necessary to count drops in my case. Maybe we can ask @HotRod19579 to do the weight column that it gives cumulative weight totals, i.e. that you first put in 2.59g of nic, then it will be 2.98g after your first flavour, then 3.45g after your second flavour, and so on?
Also thought about this, a feature that could be enabled for us that use it or inactive by default. Otherwise it might become more confusing to spot the correct column when glancing up.

Nic, concentrates going down the order, PG then VG.
The plus side of putting in VG last is that you only have to look at the scale when you get to the top of the bottle.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi @RichJB - the R 240 unit from Richio is spot on - I received my 200g calibration weight from Richio yesterday and put on the scale - 199.98g - perfect - Tare function is perfect and I have compared his scale's readings at 2 Decimals with 4 Decimal air free scales and the readings are 0.003% out - use his scale with a peace of mind - I work with HV Transformers and oil sampling and analysis is a professional profession that requires absolute readings to identify PPM - Parts Per Million and PPB - Parts Per Billion - in transformer oil - Richio's scale is good - accurate and reliable - right enough said. Thank You - get the scale @RichJB

This is now a thing. Months ago, I made HIC's Cherry Cola recipe with FA Cola and Cly Cherry. Initially I couldn't taste the 2% Cly Cherry at all so I added probably around 1% more. I still couldn't taste it so I gave up, fearing it would get perfumey if I kept adding, and just vaped it as straight cola with Koolada. It wasn't very good so I left it for ages, it's the juice for my Merlin tank which has been sitting unused for quite a while. But I wanted to finish it and free up a bottle so I started dripping it today. And suddenly - boom, the cherry is there big time. It's like after sleeping for two months, it woke up and came to the party.

I don't have any sort of mechanical stirrer for my juices and I'm not the most avid shaker. I will shake the juice for about a minute right after mixing, then give it a 30 second shake every fourth day or so while steeping. But I can't imagine the cherry sank to the bottom of the bottle and stayed there. It's not a problem I've had in any other mix I've done either. So if it was a lack of shaking thing, it would affect most of my mixes. But it's like a completely different juice suddenly, almost as if I just added the cherry flavour where there'd been none before.

I know Cly flavours aren't suspended in PG but if that was a cause of the flavourant not homogenising with the other ingredients, it would affect other Cly flavours too. I've used several and never had a problem with them failing to register initially then coming on strong later. Come to think of it, I remember doing a 10ml tester of Cly Cherry too - and ditching it because I couldn't taste a darn thing. I will need to play more with this flavour and see if this is a feature that it takes ages to develop. It's actually made quite a passable Cherry Cola even if it took months to get there.

This is now a thing. Months ago, I made HIC's Cherry Cola recipe with FA Cola and Cly Cherry. Initially I couldn't taste the 2% Cly Cherry at all so I added probably around 1% more. I still couldn't taste it so I gave up, fearing it would get perfumey if I kept adding, and just vaped it as straight cola with Koolada. It wasn't very good so I left it for ages, it's the juice for my Merlin tank which has been sitting unused for quite a while. But I wanted to finish it and free up a bottle so I started dripping it today. And suddenly - boom, the cherry is there big time. It's like after sleeping for two months, it woke up and came to the party.

I don't have any sort of mechanical stirrer for my juices and I'm not the most avid shaker. I will shake the juice for about a minute right after mixing, then give it a 30 second shake every fourth day or so while steeping. But I can't imagine the cherry sank to the bottom of the bottle and stayed there. It's not a problem I've had in any other mix I've done either. So if it was a lack of shaking thing, it would affect most of my mixes. But it's like a completely different juice suddenly, almost as if I just added the cherry flavour where there'd been none before.

I know Cly flavours aren't suspended in PG but if that was a cause of the flavourant not homogenising with the other ingredients, it would affect other Cly flavours too. I've used several and never had a problem with them failing to register initially then coming on strong later. Come to think of it, I remember doing a 10ml tester of Cly Cherry too - and ditching it because I couldn't taste a darn thing. I will need to play more with this flavour and see if this is a feature that it takes ages to develop. It's actually made quite a passable Cherry Cola even if it took months to get there.
Yesterday one off my friends gave me his new Twisp to try out. All I can say is my DIY juice don't suck anymore.

When did you give up smoking @RichJB, maybe your taste buds are freshening up.

Hehe, I've been off tobacco for a year now. I don't think my taste buds have ever got back to normal again but that's more an age thing than a smoking thing imo.

That looks interesting. A few months ago I was talking to a company (I forget the name) about ordering some Hanseng flavors, I don't remember why but eventually I decided not to. Might re-look that and see if I can find some of their flavors. I've seen them mentioned on reddit a few times

@acorn - 30/12/15 - Page 29 of this thread.
A simple cherry menthol, reminds me of those Cherry Halls

40/60 PG/VG ratio
FW Cherry Blast - 8%
TFA Menthol - 2%
TFA Koolada - 2%
Ethyl Maltol - 2%
View attachment 42047
Becoming an ADV for me in these hot summer days
Ready on a day steep, after a lukewarm bath and Ultra Sonic treatment (30min)

Hi @acorn - I made this
✅Halls Cherry - Frm/DIY/Pg 29
Cherry Blast FW - 8%
Koolada (10 PG) TFA - 2%
Ethyl Maltol TFA - 2%
Menthol TFA - 1%
65/35 - 0mg - 25ml - Kangertech Subtank Mini - RBA - 2.5ID - 6 Wraps - Ni80 - 0.41Ohms - 27W on eVic VTwo Mini.

And what a painfull throat hit - no cherry flavour at all - this is feedback and not "Knocking" anything - please - is there anything you can suggest for a little easier on the throat - some what more Cherry and a little more sweeter - thank you and look forward to your soonest comments.

Copy @Rude Rudi @Andre @Soutie @Huffapuff @KZOR @RichJB @Rooigevaar

Back