Carrying your vape gear when out and about

This is because the new fad in online market technology is being implemented. It's called "dynamic marketing" or at least that's what the users are calling it. You see, in the information age, when you browse a website they are following you. No, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, lol. What I mean is, there are literally hundreds of pieces of information that they can find out about you just by you browsing their website.

So what? well, it means that when you log into my website I can see that you are: Male, 56 Years old, running a flashy R30k+ laptop. Oh! And check it out!! He lives in Bishopscourt!

Again, so what? This means that they can individually target you based on their perceived profile of you. So, I see James lives in an upmarket area and is running a high end device, lets manipulate the website to show him a high price while Joe from (Insert worse off neighbourhood without offending anyone here) gets to see the same exact product with lower shipping costs and at half the retail value when he logs in with his old Samsung galaxy S3 mini from 2012.

Unfortunately this is the new trend. Wish.com is an example of a company that currently implements this strategy.

Be a smart shopper.;)

@Spyro - thanks for this - its most interesting
Is there a way to turn it all off so the website doesnt see all this info?

@Hooked I don't think it's illegal. But as with new tech, most things are subject to regulation once they reach a certain stage. Just like vaping. @Silver you can turn off a few things but ultimately not really unless you want to go the anti Google route. Which involves switching to Linux, shunning the Google play store and essentially excluding yourself from civilisation.

Just avoid sites that you know use the practise. Wish.com is the only site I know to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Hooked I don't think it's illegal. But as with new tech, most things are subject to regulation once they reach a certain stage. Just like vaping. @Silver you can turn off a few things but ultimately not really unless you want to go the anti Google route. Which involves switching to Linux, shunning the Google play store and essentially excluding yourself from civilisation.

Just avoid sites that you know use the practise. Wish.com is the only site I know to do it.

Linux doesn't guarantee you any extra protection. Heck, Android is linux, Apple is BSD, and both are of unix(-ish) origin and both of those companies just love to track everything you do and sell it on to whoever wants to pay for it (even if they say they don't). Your OS is irrelevant seeing as most of this tracking is through web anyway.

I never did mind companies tracking certain bits of information in order to make the online experience better. That's how it all started, but that has all turned into a shitshow of just getting the max amount of money out you or feeding you stuff you're not interested in. Altering pricing based on who you are is just about the worst of it.

And I don't think getting out of the system is going to exclude you from civilisation. It'll just exclude you from the online civilisation which, to be honest, often isn't such a civil place to be in the first place. Man, it's a very different place from when I first discovered the internet back in '92.

Linux doesn't guarantee you any extra protection. Heck, Android is linux, Apple is BSD, and both are of unix(-ish) origin and both of those companies just love to track everything you do and sell it on to whoever wants to pay for it (even if they say they don't). Your OS is irrelevant seeing as most of this tracking is through web anyway.

I never did mind companies tracking certain bits of information in order to make the online experience better. That's how it all started, but that has all turned into a shitshow of just getting the max amount of money out you or feeding you stuff you're not interested in. Altering pricing based on who you are is just about the worst of it.

And I don't think getting out of the system is going to exclude you from civilisation. It'll just exclude you from the online civilisation which, to be honest, often isn't such a civil place to be in the first place. Man, it's a very different place from when I first discovered the internet back in '92.

You're totally correct. However, moving to certain Linux builds and installing certain softwares is a step towards annonymity. I don't want to get into a conversation on how to hide yourself though.

Android is very easy to go off the grid but you lose everything and Google pulls you back in. They have this toothbrush idea, that everyone in the world should use Google at least twice a day. I use it more in a day than I brush my teeth per week. But, there are alternatives and it can be done.

But yes I should have said online civilisation. Good call.

Have a look at these on Takealot. Looks like they'd be suitable for vaping and all the other stuff that we carry around with us.
I'll do separate posts.

Post #1 FOR GUYS & GALS

Fino Canvas Messenger Shoulder Bag (SK-JH754/WCVS) - Khaki
https://fashion.takealot.com/fashio...shoulder-bag-sk-jh754-wcvs-khaki/PLID41170000

"Carry your work, school, or everyday essentials comfortably and stylishly with this Canvas Messenger Bag.
It boasts a spacious, lined main compartment that includes open and zippered organizational pockets, three front pockets, two side pockets, extra removable pouch and a large back pocket for additional storage space.
It comes with an adjustable shoulder strap and two grab handles for custom carrying comfort.
- Dimension: 36cm x 28cm x 14cm"

Price: R399.00

(I've just ordered this one. I'm tired of organising a search-and-rescue party when I need something from my bag. Will give feedback when it arrives).

It didn't arrive as it's not available from the supplier. This is something that annoys me about Takealot. You place your order, after two weeks it's still not shipped and then you get an email telling you that the item is unavailable. If anyone knows where I can buy something similar, do tell!

Umm, I don't think that's quite right @Hooked. The one you've linked has only one zip and is a tad more than R100

@BumbleBee I think you replied to my post BEFORE I edited it? I know I was getting myself tied up in knots that day/evening. 'm so sorry - could be that other peeps also saw the wrong post. In future I'll just post the link and not the price. See my post above where I also supply a link to your shop, and the price I've stated is R230.

37c8a82af8418810319bb43e2349ed7c.jpg

R170.00 cape union Market

@Dooky There are different sizes on Cape Union Mart's website, but they don't give the measurements. Which size, according to them, have you got and what are the measurements?

Nice... just paid full price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So sorry @Dooky It's awful when one buys something and the next day it's on sale ;( If it's any consolation, although I got it at the sale price, I had to pay an extra R95 for shpping, so total R220. For me it's worth it to pay the shipping, instead of driving to the nearest Cape Union Mart which is almost an hour's drive - one way.

Hi all
Just wondering, how do you carry your mods, tanks and juice around?
For me, 99% of the time, I'm wearing one of my cargo jeans:D

Attachments

• IMG_20181130_1855075.jpg
    IMG_20181130_1855075.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 36
Hi all

Hi @LeeGov
This is a great question.

Have moved your post to this existing thread - have a look from the beginning. There are some great contributions here from various members

I used to carry around a lot more than I actually need. Nowadays I seldom go out and about with more than 2 devices. Evod in my man bag and the Billet Box in my laptop bag in the side pouch (there is a holder that fits it perfectly - lucky)
I usually have the Subtank Mini in the car (my car vape) so that's a third device.

My camera bag that carries about 6 mods comfortably in an upright position hasnt been out and about for a while!

Hi all
cargo’s. also spare juice, bats and mod in desk at work. just in case.

cargo’s. also spare juice, bats and mod in desk at work. just in case.
Extra supply of various juices -one in my car , about 3 in my backpack, about two in my desk drawer at work and sometimes 2 x 30 ml in my Coil master vape bag that goes on my belt, if I remember to put it on...

So I often see people at restaurants etc with 2, 3 or even 4 mods. So how do you carry it. In your pocket? I dont have enough pockets. Or do you carry it in a specific bag or case?

I always carry 2 mods with me. One in hand and the other in the pocket

Sent from small screen

Man bag my friend... Man bag. It ain't cool but it sure as hell is practical as a vaper. Just blow clouds to cover the look

Back