DIY juice vs Commercial juice

Taran

New Vaper
LV

Awards
hey guys since i started making my own juice.. i havent bought any other juice from the vendors

today i decided to smoke one of my flavours that i had from a shop.. and i much prefer smoking my own juice that ive made.. does anyone else smoking only their diy juice???

hey guys since i started making my own juice.. i havent bought any other juice from the vendors

today i decided to smoke one of my flavours that i had from a shop.. and i much prefer smoking my own juice that ive made.. does anyone else smoking only their diy juice???
I do - now and then I'll buy a commercial juice that looks tasty so I can get some new ideas for DIY.

I use my own juice. Every few months I sample what's hot at the vendors to give my palette a break.
95% of the year I'm on the diy train.

If you're smoking juice the power/temp is too high, lower it to respectable vape standards.

I mostly only vape the good DIY recipes I have acumulated.... really good ones.

But there are a select few outstanding local, and international brands I still apprectiate. I do still buy, just much less. And the term "premium juice" has taken on a whole new meaning with me :)

DIY? Awesome. Anybody care to point me in the direction of some reading? Sounds like a fantastic hobby. Would love to try myself.

Anybody care to share a decent cereal vape or direct me to a clone that they have tried and loved?

Hi @Christos
I can help you out with a vanilla/sweet milk recipe if you want?
Well depending what you using to vape.
Cause on my dripper it's almost got like a milky almond taste to it. But on a tank has a milky favour.

Last edited:
Hi @Christos
I can help you out with a vanilla/sweet milk recipe if you want?
Well depending what you using to vape.
Cause on my dripper it's almost got like a milky almond taste to it. But on a tank has a milky favour.
Bottom feed mostly but leaning towards tanks these days.
Anything is welcomed.

a lot of commercial juice is actually diy juice .. 'cos clones etc :p

a lot of commercial juice is actually diy juice .. 'cos clones etc :p
Agreed. Just upset about local vendors passing their magical creations on as unique when in fact they are clones.

Agreed. Just upset about local vendors passing their magical creations on as unique when in fact they are clones.
I've tasted some juices from different vendors that are very very similar. Just add in a bit extra of this and that for a slight deviation.

All commercial juices started out as DIY juices at some point, even if the manufacturer uses a professional mixologist. At some point those juices were made and tested by various people in order to perfect them, so technically they were DIY once :p
And please mate, get rid of the "smoking" word. You vape juices, you don't smoke them. Smoking is for people who light up stinkies and smoke them. Here, we all vape. :)

I prefer diy juice to commercial juices for a few simple reasons.

NB: I hate DIY normally because I am lazy - I use commercial coils in a tank but build on a dripper.

1. Most commercial juices juices have too much flavour. I know that they have to cater for a wide variety of power levels and devices but it does not help me if I want to vape at a specific level and get the vape I want. Juices that were good at 5w when I started tastes terrible now at 50w. When I now buy commercial juices, I have to tweak it by diluting and/or changing the pg/VG ratio to fit my needs.

2. Most commercial juices are too sweet especially American juices. It seems to be loaded with em or sucralose.

I started DIY by tweaking commercial juices by cutting, adding or just changing totally because I did not want to waste. There are a lot of people out there that do a semi DIY.

We will be trying DIY soon, or as we have decided to call it... potions class :) can't wait!

DIY rocks man!! Cuts cost big time and I feel like a mad scientist at my disinfected kitchen top with surgical gloves.
I use e-liquid-recipes.com to get nice recipes and to ascertain which flavours I need to buy to mix the good stuff. Don't know about ya'll?

I have no problem with good clones. It is like booking a great cover band for a reception. Just because the real deal is out of your price range doesnt mean you arent allowed a good party hehehehe. It also seems like a great way to get your skills up, so I will definitely try out fresh creations by the guys who do good clones. Keeping the money local, supporting the small guy, that sort of thing.

If we ask them to label these mixes as clones I think it will just discourage people from making them.

Back