ESG Skyline RTA

Seeing that there will be a few more Skylines in operation very shortly I thought it would be a good time to do a new build in my Skyline. Because of the overlaps I get with 6 and 7 wrap claptons I tried a 5 wrap in one of my Billet Box's and the build came out at 0.44Ω and at 27 watts the vape is brilliant... so I figured I would try the same on the Skyline... first thing is the coil looks way better not that it is the right size... and reducing the coil by one wrap it also fits and comes out at 0.54Ω (was previously 0.65Ω) and the flavour has also improved... or it could just be the new fresh coil. Either way it looks way more pro without the overlapping legs.

Old coil out and checked that the air disk is seated all the way.
SkylineBuild01.jpg SkylineBuild02.jpg

I look like a major pro coil builder... well a coil inserter pro in any event. ;-)
SkylineBuild03.jpg SkylineBuild04.jpg SkylineBuild05.jpg SkylineBuild06.jpg

Bow tie method thanks to @BigGuy and then trimmed about a third off...
SkylineBuild07.jpg SkylineBuild08.jpg

Tuck the tails in gently and prime the wick.
SkylineBuild09.jpg SkylineBuild10.jpg

Happy Days. Coil was a Coil Company coil from @RiaanRed and it was 2,5mm.
SkylineBuild12.jpg SkylineBuild13.jpg

The Skyline is a special tank no question!
SkylineBuild14.jpg SkylineBuild15.jpg

Seeing that there will be a few more Skylines in operation very shortly I thought it would be a good time to do a new build in my Skyline. Because of the overlaps I get with 6 and 7 wrap claptons I tried a 5 wrap in one of my Billet Box's and the build came out at 0.44Ω and at 27 watts the vape is brilliant... so I figured I would try the same on the Skyline... first thing is the coil looks way better not that it is the right size... and reducing the coil by one wrap it also fits and comes out at 0.54Ω (was previously 0.65Ω) and the flavour has also improved... or it could just be the new fresh coil. Either way it looks way more pro without the overlapping legs.

View attachment 95658 View attachment 95659

I look like a major pro coil builder... well a coil inserter pro in any event. ;-)
View attachment 95660 View attachment 95661 View attachment 95662 View attachment 95663

View attachment 95664 View attachment 95665

View attachment 95666 View attachment 95667

View attachment 95669 View attachment 95670

View attachment 95671 View attachment 95672
Looking forward to doubling my skylines juice capacity and restricting the airflow!
Weeeooooo......

Just thinking out loud here @Rob Fisher but getting a skyline with a TPD tank makes one appreciate 4ml capacity a whole lot more than getting a 4ml upfront.
My experience thus far has been anything but half baked!

Just thinking out loud here @Rob Fisher but getting a skyline with a TPD tank makes one appreciate 4ml capacity a whole lot more than getting a 4ml upfront.
My experience thus far has been anything but half baked!

The TPD tank must be just silly... I need a 6ml bubble tank and I need it now...

But seriously for a second... I just always have a 10ml bottle of XXX in my pocket. ;-)

The TPD tank must be just silly... I need a 6ml bubble tank and I need it now...

But seriously for a second... I just always have a 10ml bottle of XXX in my pocket. ;-)
I don't carry juice with me. I have 2 full reos and a tank with me today while at a client. So total of 21 ml.
So far I'm almost down with 1 reo. Tank is halfway for the drive home in a few hours and 2nd reo incase I run out.

Thanks for the tutorial and pics @Rob Fisher
Getting us ready for action!!
Looks lovely

Bring it on !

View attachment 95658 View attachment 95659

View attachment 95660 View attachment 95661 View attachment 95662 View attachment 95663

View attachment 95664 View attachment 95665

View attachment 95666 View attachment 95667

View attachment 95669 View attachment 95670

View attachment 95671 View attachment 95672
Just curious @Rob Fisher , do you fill the juice holes with cotton or just lightly pack the cotton there? I seem to get the best wicking if the juice holes are mildly padded with cotton that barely makes it to the base.
I think I must try a 2.5 mm ID as I currently have a 3mm ID coil in but I don't want to rebuild until the airdisk arrives. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.

Just curious @Rob Fisher , do you fill the juice holes with cotton or just lightly pack the cotton there? I seem to get the best wicking if the juice holes are mildly padded with cotton that barely makes it to the base.
I think I must try a 2.5 mm ID as I currently have a 3mm ID coil in but I don't want to rebuild until the airdisk arrives. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.

I find when wicking, I let mine cover the base but the hole is not packed with cotton at all. Just enough to not flood. If you pack the hole in I find it give me dry hits. I have not done the bow tie method from the day I got it as I never had the need to. Just don't cover the hole and it will wick. My juice is 70/30 too

I mildly pack the holes... and I find doing a 2,5mm helps my airflow.

I would say this is HE with LE at his best . My most expensive atty with my cheapest mod . Ephro 101 landed at 800 rands. Still look awesome imo IMG_3878.JPG

Finally I can also be called a skyliner! The workmanship in this is second to none. Every pice fits precisely and buttery smooth. The whole HE debate gets thrown out the window once you disassemble and reassemble this atomizer, it is worth every cent of it's asking price. Thank you @Takie and @Rob Fisher for getting these into SA!

Attachments

• IMG_6083.JPG
    IMG_6083.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6084.JPG
    IMG_6084.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 53
Finally I can also be called a skyliner! The workmanship in this is second to none. Every pice fits precisely and buttery smooth. The whole HE debate gets thrown out the window once you disassemble and reassemble this atomizer, it is worth every cent of it's asking price. Thank you @Takie and @Rob Fisher for getting these into SA!

Glad you got to it @RayDeny !
Enjoy

What mod are you using? The colours please me!

After my 1st successful attempt at making a tri core alien coil I just couldn't wait till my next pit stop plus I found that the Vapers Choice Cotton was great at first then started to mute the flavor, it's a cotton I have a love hate relationship with, works fantastic in RDA's but not so much in a tank,so I ripped out the build in my Skyline, bathed her in the ultrasonic cleaner and dried her. Also lubed up all o rings and threads with VG

Coil specs are 3 x 29ga ni80 with 38ga ni80 alien, 2.5mm ID, 6 wraps, reading at 0.38ohm post pulse. IMG_20170610_000509.jpg
Coil positioned higher than my previous build as I noticed it restricted the airflow way too much lower down and pulsing it so low charred my airdisk a lil. The lower leg is pretty much straight in line with the post hole.IMG_20170610_232449.jpgI used Native Wicks Platinum Blend this time and I must say this stuff is great, maybe even a little better than cotton bacon both for how much juice it holds and flavor, but just marginally. I cut the cotton really short to the edge of the deck and a bit and fluffed the hell out of the tails. IMG_20170610_233001.jpg
Gently tucked them without compressing them anywhere near the juice hole, moved any cotton clear of the airflow, and primed the coil and cotton.IMG_20170610_233422.jpg
The bubbles when I opened the juice flow were so fine and tiny that I knew the cotton was combed just perfect for me, I'm vaping some Jelly from Vape Sanctuary at 30 watts, no dry hits, no gurgling, just a lovely flavorful vape.IMG_20170610_234401.jpg

After my 1st successful attempt at making a tri core alien coil I just couldn't wait till my next pit stop plus I found that the Vapers Choice Cotton was great at first then started to mute the flavor, it's a cotton I have a love hate relationship with, works fantastic in RDA's but not so much in a tank,so I ripped out the build in my Skyline, bathed her in the ultrasonic cleaner and dried her. Also lubed up all o rings and threads with VG

Coil specs are 3 x 29ga ni80 with 38ga ni80 alien, 2.5mm ID, 6 wraps, reading at 0.38ohm post pulse. View attachment 97581
Coil positioned higher than my previous build as I noticed it restricted the airflow way too much lower down and pulsing it so low charred my airdisk a lil. The lower leg is pretty much straight in line with the post hole.View attachment 97582I used Native Wicks Platinum Blend this time and I must say this stuff is great, maybe even a little better than cotton bacon both for how much juice it holds and flavor, but just marginally. I cut the cotton really short to the edge of the deck and a bit and fluffed the hell out of the tails. View attachment 97583
Gently tucked them without compressing them anywhere near the juice hole, moved any cotton clear of the airflow, and primed the coil and cotton.View attachment 97584
The bubbles when I opened the juice flow were so fine and tiny that I knew the cotton was combed just perfect for me, I'm vaping some Jelly from Vape Sanctuary at 30 watts, no dry hits, no gurgling, just a lovely flavorful vape.View attachment 97585
Great step by step pics! And a Coilmaster in the making!

Lovely setup there @Moey_Ismail !
Hope you are enjoying it

I'm hoping this is a picture of the bigger Juice flow control for the Skyline! :D
SkylineJuiceFlow.jpg

The bloody fantastic HE Skyline on top of the not so HE Therion. Unbeatable flavour!
img20170611_180454.jpg

Back