ESG Skyline RTA

Not sure if this will help but close juice flow all the way down and then open fully. I had similar experience after a clean and some bubbles were trapped somewhere inside. After opening all the way again they escaped...wicking great on long slow draws.
Thanks man I have tried that, I rewicked and pushed the wick away from the juice holes, to the point where it looks like it may leak and I think it's ok now. Will report back after some time vaping on it

No dry hits yet bro but a horribly dry vape, that dry hit is coming I can feel it but I'm dreading it so much I'm taking short pulls. Not enjoyable at all

This really sucks man. I hate that dryish vape. Cotton mouth and fear makes for a terrible vape session. I really hope u get it sorted soon. Once it's up and running it really is a winner. Right now I find myself missing my skyline more than my kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm @Moey_Ismail. I see you have been making coils lately. Nice work btw.

I'm just thinking perhaps the coils you are making need a 3mm ID.

I'm trying to eliminate everything systematically.
So far the skyline is new and the coils are new. 2 unknown variables.

Have you perhaps tried a coil you are familiar with that you have been using elsewhere for a while ?

Hmmm @Moey_Ismail. I see you have been making coils lately. Nice work btw.

I'm just thinking perhaps the coils you are making need a 3mm ID.

I'm trying to eliminate everything systematically.
So far the skyline is new and the coils are new. 2 unknown variables.

Have you perhaps tried a coil you are familiar with that you have been using elsewhere for a while ?
I put my old time favorite in it yesterday, 2x26ga fused with 38ga, it's my staple build, wicked with cotton bacon but I pushed the wicks away from the juice hole, functioned perfect for the 1st tank, great flavor, this also remedied the noisy draw somehow. Closed the juice flow when tank was empty and refilled, made sure the hex piece made a proper seal and closed everything before opening the juice flow, a huge bubble made it's way out and after that my mod was covered in juice. I'm giving up with this tank, way too much effort to get a decent vape, either I got a dud or this tank just isn't for me but rewicking 8 times in a space of 3 hours is frustrating to say the least

I put my old time favorite in it yesterday, 2x26ga fused with 38ga, it's my staple build, wicked with cotton bacon but I pushed the wicks away from the juice hole, functioned perfect for the 1st tank, great flavor, this also remedied the noisy draw somehow. Closed the juice flow when tank was empty and refilled, made sure the hex piece made a proper seal and closed everything before opening the juice flow, a huge bubble made it's way out and after that my mod was covered in juice. I'm giving up with this tank, way too much effort to get a decent vape, either I got a dud or this tank just isn't for me but rewicking 8 times in a space of 3 hours is frustrating to say the least
Pm me. I can perhaps try assist you at vape cartel or just take it off your hands ;)

Pm me. I can perhaps try assist you at vape cartel or just take it off your hands ;)
I'd love for you to assist bro, but honestly I'm narrowing it down to a dud, reason I'm saying this is the flavor is awesome while it's primed, but as soon as I start vaping, and that too at 25 watts it gets dry then the dry hits start and don't end, if I close and open the juice flow, bubbles escape and then it's perfect for the next 5 drags, if I remove the top cap with the juice flow open, bubbles escape and it's perfect again for a couple drags then back to dry, I've wicked numerous atomizers and never had a problem, I always comb my cotton out and make sure it's perfect looking with each and every one of my atomizers, you'll see from the pics above that I really take pride in wicking to perfection. I make sure the wick is snug through the coil so that I don't get any spit back but not too snug as to deform the coil, it's tight enough to pull my mod if I pulled on a tail but if I held the mod and pulled the tail it glides through the coil with ease, I make all adjustments to my wicks while they're dry so as not to compress them and make them lose the fluffy tails. If I comb and then cut a 3rd off the bowtie and push the tails away from the juice holes it wicks great until I have to fill, huge bubbles come up and then juice pours out the base. I'm strapped fro time as I'm writing exams and it's our fasting month but I wouldn't mind leaving the tank with you to see if you manage to get it right

Hi @Moey_Ismail
Have you tried replacing the o-rings at the top part of the tank?
Where the top seals the tank?
Maybe something is wrong there and its not sealing

Or maybe other o-rings

Just guessing here. Might be worth a try

Hi @Moey_Ismail

Or maybe other o-rings

Haven't tried that @Silver , would you mind showing me in a pic which o rings you're referring to?

Hi @Moey_Ismail

Or maybe other o-rings

But if it wasn't sealing wouldn't I get leaking and gurgling instead of dry hits?

Haven't tried that @Silver , would you mind showing me in a pic which o rings you're referring to?

Cant show you now - but was rederring to the one under that hexagonal top juice flow controller part. It makes a seal with the top

I hear you and am not sure if this could work but if its not sealing properly, maybe the vacuum in the tank is not enough so it doesnt suck the juice in properly to the wicks. Not something i am sure about - just something that i am thinking you could try.

Alternatively, if you sent an email to ESG explaining all you have done and pointing them to your first post in this thread on this issue, maybe they can also offer some advice.

Cant show you now - but was rederring to the one under that hexagonal top juice flow controller part. It makes a seal with the top

I hear you and am not sure if this could work but if its not sealing properly, maybe the vacuum in the tank is not enough so it doesnt suck the juice in properly to the wicks. Not something i am sure about - just something that i am thinking you could try.

Alternatively, if you sent an email to ESG explaining all you have done and pointing them to your first post in this thread on this issue, maybe they can also offer some advice.
Thanks a lot @Silver, before I email ESG, I'll see if @Christos or @Takie can find a solution or point out some error I'm making.

I'd love for you to assist bro, but honestly I'm narrowing it down to a dud, reason I'm saying this is the flavor is awesome while it's primed, but as soon as I start vaping, and that too at 25 watts it gets dry then the dry hits start and don't end, if I close and open the juice flow, bubbles escape and then it's perfect for the next 5 drags, if I remove the top cap with the juice flow open, bubbles escape and it's perfect again for a couple drags then back to dry, I've wicked numerous atomizers and never had a problem, I always comb my cotton out and make sure it's perfect looking with each and every one of my atomizers, you'll see from the pics above that I really take pride in wicking to perfection. I make sure the wick is snug through the coil so that I don't get any spit back but not too snug as to deform the coil, it's tight enough to pull my mod if I pulled on a tail but if I held the mod and pulled the tail it glides through the coil with ease, I make all adjustments to my wicks while they're dry so as not to compress them and make them lose the fluffy tails. If I comb and then cut a 3rd off the bowtie and push the tails away from the juice holes it wicks great until I have to fill, huge bubbles come up and then juice pours out the base. I'm strapped fro time as I'm writing exams and it's our fasting month but I wouldn't mind leaving the tank with you to see if you manage to get it right
Sounds like you got a bad case of vapors tongue. The fact that you're fasting only accentuates or has even caused the problem. Reason I say this is because the usual remedy other than switching ejuice to rid yourself from it would be to eat or drink something flavourful. You may even partly suspect it may be the problem since you went out of your way to mention it. Have you tried vaping same exact build/wick with another of your RTA's since you got your skyline to see if your getting dry hits with another RTA?

Last edited:
Sounds like you got a bad case of vapors tongue. The fact that you're fasting only accentuates or has even caused the problem. Reason I say this is because the usual remedy other than switching ejuice to rid yourself from it would be to eat or drink something flavourful. You may even partly suspect it may be the problem since you went out of your way to mention it. Have you tried vaping same exact build/wick with another of your RTA's since you got your skyline to see if your getting dry hits with another RTA?
If it were vapers tongue I wouldn't taste the flavor, but here it's dry hits, I can hear the cotton burning at the end of every drag, I have tried the same build, wicking method and juice in 2 other setups, I use that as a flavor comparison with any new atomizer but it's definitely dry

Skyline will be available 30-6-2017. One day before the exact time will be announced. Also Ultem Tanks polished and regular will be available too.

SkylineSale.jpg

IMG_20170701_010016.jpg IMG_20170701_010016.jpg Hi guys, new here from Toronto Canada...

I'm totally confused waited months for this tank and for the life of me I can't get it to work.

Built a 2.5 coil ohming at 0.67.

Enough cotton to feel tension and trimmed like bow tie method.

First problem, didn't see the beautiful bubbles rising when adjusting JFC. I am using 70 vg liquid.

After 5 inhales I get dry hits... I have tried to rewick 10 times... Same problem.

Also I find that the cotton is not showing in the slots uniformly when set up.

Please help, I was expecting love at first sight.

I have experience with kayfun 5 and various tanks thought this would be similar.

Thanks again...

Attachments

• IMG_20170701_010113.jpg
    IMG_20170701_010113.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Can we see some pics of you deck with wick @Singlecoilguy? What wattage are you firing at? Are you opening your juice flow control fully?

Have a look at the coil and wick on this page as well. https://www.ecigssa.co.za/esg-skyline-rta-mtl-dlh.t31666/page-5

Thanks for the quick reply.

.66 ohm around 22 watts. Yes the jfc is fully open. But not once did I get those beautiful bubbles rising.. in my various wicking attempts. The pic I'm going to attach now seems to be very little cotton because it was by last attempt. The previous ones were very similar to the ones that you posted on the forum.

Also I tried to build the coil higher in my first attempt basically flush with the top of the two posts.

When the tank is fully setup... Shouldn't the slots that open up from jfc fully expose the wicking slots? Because I can't even see one, I tried to take a pic in previous post to show what I'm talking about..

Again appreciate any help I can get at this point.

Attachments

• IMG_20170701_012731.jpg
    IMG_20170701_012731.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 60
Maybe slightly shorter tails on your wick so the cotton isn't protruding from the holes as much. Less is more on the Skyline. Also what wicking material are you using? I find Cotton Bacon V2 works best.

I am using normal Japanese cotton pads, peeled...

I will try to shorten the wicks... And keep you posted.

Any reason as to why the bubbles not rising?

I am using normal Japanese cotton pads, peeled...

I will try to shorten the wicks... And keep you posted.

Any reason as to why the bubbles not rising?

Let's see how you go with the tails not protruding from the juice holes but just fluffed in the inside of the hole... and not packed tight but pretty loose.

As soon as you open the juice flow you should see bubbles.

Maybe slightly shorter tails on your wick so the cotton isn't protruding from the holes as much. Less is more on the Skyline. Also what wicking material are you using? I find Cotton Bacon V2 works best.
I cut the wicks shorter but the bubbles seem trapped by the slots... Does that make sense?

And I switched the juice to 50/50

Attachments

• IMG_20170701_020221.jpg
    IMG_20170701_020221.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 58
I cut the wicks shorter but the bubbles seem trapped by the slots... Does that make sense?

And I switched the juice to 50/50

I know what you mean... you don't need to see the wick through the slots from the outside... the juice goes under and into the slots which are sometimes hidden and that's not a problem. Are you still having an issue with the 50/50 juice and the tails trimmed?

Do you get bubbles the moment you open the juice flow? If not then there is a problem and I'm not sure what to suggest other than disassembling the whole tank and giving it a full cleaning.

Back