Milestone?

At 5pm today I will be 1 week stinkie free :headbang:

Still stuck at work, and with grumpy colleagues to boot, but hanging in there. In one week my sense of smell has improved, my index finger is no longer stained yellow and my sinuses are 10 times better. The real test will be tomorrow when there isn't any need to come to work and I have only my usual weekend chores to do. That is usually when my stress levels are highest and the craving will be there. Just going to do my best to focus on feeding my snakes and cleaning their cages. Will probably blast some music as well.

Having some issues with flavor on my MTL RTA's, not sure if it's a build issue or vaoer's tongue. Today the Zeus single coil has been hit hard with some 5mg Drool juice. Haven't had much time to vape, but I made the last break count :talking: feeling much better now. Will probably head home soon if all goes well and then I can just chill for a bit. We still have loadshedding scheduled, so I'm hoping it won't happen. Just want to put on the fan and put my feet up for a bit and then maybe do a build or shave my head :emo:

Thank you for the support in this thread. I was surprised by @Hooked 's comment that she enjoyed the thread. Just someone rambling on about his day, lol, but it's nice to share thoughts on the battle against the stinkies.

For the time being though it is a battle I'm winning.

Really really want a stinkie right now. All that's stopping me is the small fortune I spent on vaping this month. Both my MTL RTA's are giving me shit and I've spent hours trying to figure it out. Gave up now. Back to my trusty Zeus single coil RTA's. I feel stupid for spending so much on vaping and feel like I'm failing because I want a stinkie so bad when I stress like this. I've forgotten how vaping can really eat into your free time and chore time. Should've left the bloody tanks alone and cleaned out my snake cages. 28 of them waiting for clean cages and food. (Long story about why I have so many snakes)

Really really want a stinkie right now. All that's stopping me is the small fortune I spent on vaping this month. Both my MTL RTA's are giving me shit and I've spent hours trying to figure it out. Gave up now. Back to my trusty Zeus single coil RTA's. I feel stupid for spending so much on vaping and feel like I'm failing because I want a stinkie so bad when I stress like this. I've forgotten how vaping can really eat into your free time and chore time. Should've left the bloody tanks alone and cleaned out my snake cages. 28 of them waiting for clean cages and food. (Long story about why I have so many snakes)

It was at moments like you speak of that I reverted to my high Nic STRONG tobacco flavours, and reminded myself that I was a NON smoker!
Do whatever it takes, (other than beating up the neighbor and strangling the kids that is ;)), and ... stay true to your convictions ... You got this!

It was at moments like you speak of that I reverted to my high Nic STRONG tobacco flavours, and reminded myself that I was a NON smoker!
Do whatever it takes, (other than beating up the neighbor and strangling the kids that is ;)), and ... stay true to your convictions ... You got this!

My high Nic content devices are the two MTL tanks :facepalm:

Hitting the shit out of my 5mg DL juices now and eating anything I can get my hands on

I know how you feel. It may be worthwhile going to the Dr and getting some rivotril, it's a tranquilizer. They don't make me tired and sometimes you just need some help, no shame in that.

We are here for you, been checking back on this post often and reading about your progress. Do you have any nic? Maybe add some to your DL juices?

Further to the above ... the more my sense of smell came back, the further I moved from tobacco, first lowering the %'s of tobacco, whilst replacing it with caramel, (an RY4 type deal with increasing caramel).

I used to smoke 40 Camel Classics a day, to which the recipe below mimicked it perfectly for me :)
FA Tuscan Reserve 2%
FA Black Fire 0.5%
FA Burley 0.5%
FA Oak 0.5%
FA Desert Ship 0.3%
FA Caramel 0.3% <- I kept bumping this up whilst diluting the other flavours ... O and sometimes I add in some FA Butterscotch at the same %

I know how you feel. It may be worthwhile going to the Dr and getting some rivotril, it's a tranquilizer. They don't make me tired and sometimes you just need some help, no shame in that.

We are here for you, been checking back on this post often and reading about your progress. Do you have any nic? Maybe add some to your DL juices?

Lol, I know Rivotril very well. Currently taking half a tablet twice a day. My psychiatrist keeps me well medicated :rofl: otherwise I completely lose my shit. Just frustrated I guess. I hate feeling out of control or dumb, and it cracks me up that a little tank can be beyond my mastery.

Nope, no nic. I don't like 6mg DL even though. 5mg is my sweet spot right now. Have loads of DL juice and my Zeus and Serpent tanks are fail-safe at least. Also have some squonk mods for a variety of flavors. Just discovered a quarter tub of Bar One ice cream. Has helped me put the stinkies out of my mind by telling myself that the ice cream would taste less good if I still smoked. If all else fails, there is always the IQOS sticks for before I climb the walls. I've given up many things in life, won't list them as this is not a SNVL site :-D but nicotine is proving to be the hardest of all thus far.

Further to the above ... the more my sense of smell came back, the further I moved from tobacco, first lowering the %'s of tobacco, whilst replacing it with caramel, (an RY4 type deal with increasing caramel).

I used to smoke 40 Camel Classics a day, to which the recipe below mimicked it perfectly for me :)
FA Tuscan Reserve 2%
FA Black Fire 0.5%
FA Burley 0.5%
FA Oak 0.5%
FA Desert Ship 0.3%
FA Caramel 0.3% <- I kept bumping this up whilst diluting the other flavours ... O and sometimes I add in some FA Butterscotch at the same %

I have a boatload of tobacco recipes, but not planning to go the DIY route again anytime soon. Just too much to try and concentrate on (pun intended)

Iove my bakery and dessert flavors since I started vaping again. Tobacco doesn't work for me. I got an espresso tobacco juice which absolutely sucks balls.

I have a boatload of tobacco recipes, but not planning to go the DIY route again anytime soon. Just too much to try and concentrate on (pun intended)

Iove my bakery and dessert flavors since I started vaping again. Tobacco doesn't work for me. I got an espresso tobacco juice which absolutely sucks balls.
In that case, together with your sense of smell returning ... you're pretty much there :campeon:
It's now a case of resetting them neural pathways with the message that you are a NON smoker {full stop}

@Viper_SA You said that you "" feel like I'm failing because I want a stinkie so bad when I stress like this." Nope - it's only natural to feel like that. Stinkies have been your go-to when under stress for how many years? It will take a loooong time to get over that.

The point is that you've been stinkie-free for 1 week now and kudos to you for that!!!! That's success, not failing!!

What does concern me is that I detect an irritation with the time spent on vaping and I understand that only too well. I get annoyed when I have to replace a coil - and I use ordinary commercial coils. You might want to try commercial coils for a while - it takes just a minute or two to replace a coil.

My high Nic content devices are the two MTL tanks :facepalm:

Hitting the shit out of my 5mg DL juices now and eating anything I can get my hands on

You've mentioned that you also vape 12mg. Perhaps you could try an 18mg MTL? Seems like 5mg isn't enough for you.

EDIT:
Sorry - just seen your other post that 5mg is your sweet spot. Keep going!!!

You've mentioned that you also vape 12mg. Perhaps you could try an 18mg MTL? Seems like 5mg isn't enough for you.

EDIT:
Sorry - just seen your other post that 5mg is your sweet spot. Keep going!!!

Yes @Hooked . 5mg for DL and 12mg for MTL. Thinking of upping the MTL to 15mg or maybe 18mg, but the variety at those strenghts are very limited. I just wicked the Expromizer V4 as per @DarthBranMuffin 's tutorial and so far so good. Put a sample tobacco in there just to test, didn't want to waste my good juice on it, hahaha

Happy to report that despite having to cheat on an extra tranquilizer pill this afternoon (Sundays really get to me) I did well and avoided a stinkie and didn't even think of having one while struggling to wick two finicky RTA's. I did have an IQOS stick or two, but it tasted bad and I soon reverted to my DL setups while struggling with the MTL setups. Two great members helped me out over WhatsApp and for now I'm sorted with the build on my new setups for 12mg MTL to kick the cravings.

Loadshedding is finally over, so off for a warm shower and then some happy vaping!

Hey, ... the struggle is real. Keep telling yourself that along with telling yourself you are a winner.

When I stopped, I was on MTL 36 mg ... for years. The fear was real.

Well well well, tomorrow will be two weeks since my last stinkie. Had plenty of offers for one, but I declined all of them. I have an open packet in my desk at work, and I'm not even tempted to try one. When people smoke around me I actually get annoyed, even though I promised myself I wouldn't be one of those ex smokers.

I do still cheat a little with my IQOS, but only like two or three times a day. I can accept that without feeling like I'm failing. Still a big achievement for me with the way I used to smoke.

Wrote the date I had my last stinkie on my whiteboard with a permanent marker. Everytime a craving hits me I just look at that date and remind myself what it took to get to where I am from there. It really helps.

Will update when, not if, I hit the two week milestone tomorrow.

Well well well, tomorrow will be two weeks since my last stinkie. Had plenty of offers for one, but I declined all of them. I have an open packet in my desk at work, and I'm not even tempted to try one. When people smoke around me I actually get annoyed, even though I promised myself I wouldn't be one of those ex smokers.

I do still cheat a little with my IQOS, but only like two or three times a day. I can accept that without feeling like I'm failing. Still a big achievement for me with the way I used to smoke.

Wrote the date I had my last stinkie on my whiteboard with a permanent marker. Everytime a craving hits me I just look at that date and remind myself what it took to get to where I am from there. It really helps.

3 years later and I'm proud to say I'm one of THOSE ex-smokers. Whenever there's a stinkie sucker close to me and I can smell it (and that can be up to 3 houses away) I just want to shove a Cue or something into their hands.

But also, that stinkie smell reminds me of why I quit in the first place. So I put up with it and enjoy my personal victory.

well done !

Almost forgot :facepalm:
As of 17:00 today I am 2 weeks stinkie free :ura:

Almost had a slip-up, lol. I was explaining something to my mom about a new RTA I have and I ask her "give me a smoke please". Luckily the puzzled look on her face brought me back to reality right quick.

Feeling good about myself right now.

Almost forgot :facepalm:
As of 17:00 today I am 2 weeks stinkie free :ura:

Almost had a slip-up, lol. I was explaining something to my mom about a new RTA I have and I ask her "give me a smoke please". Luckily the puzzled look on her face brought me back to reality right quick.

Feeling good about myself right now.

Well done @Viper_SA! 2 weeks is indeed a milestone to feel good about!!!

Congraulations-Balloon.jpg

Eish, tonight I'm suffering again... I know it will taste k@k and ill be cross with myself if I smoke one, but damn tell that to my brain! Did what I know best, lol, and ordered some vape mail. Got a shock when I realised Fasttech doesn't ship to SA anymore, but found most of what I'm looking for on a local site. Not going to ship two drip tips alone. It doesn't allow me to ship a mod or even spare glass.

I was hospitalised earlier this year and I got to thinking now. What if it happens again. Can't exactly take all my building supplies etc to hospital with me. So I ordered a Drag X for when I need PnP convenience in future.

The fs t that I've already spent a small fortune to get back into vaping is helping me hold out, willpower alone wouldn't do it I'm afraid. For now though, I'm fighting the good fight.

Eish, tonight I'm suffering again... I know it will taste k@k and ill be cross with myself if I smoke one, but damn tell that to my brain! Did what I know best, lol, and ordered some vape mail. Got a shock when I realised Fasttech doesn't ship to SA anymore, but found most of what I'm looking for on a local site. Not going to ship two drip tips alone. It doesn't allow me to ship a mod or even spare glass.

I was hospitalised earlier this year and I got to thinking now. What if it happens again. Can't exactly take all my building supplies etc to hospital with me. So I ordered a Drag X for when I need PnP convenience in future.

The fs t that I've already spent a small fortune to get back into vaping is helping me hold out, willpower alone wouldn't do it I'm afraid. For now though, I'm fighting the good fight.

You hang in there!! One of these days you will replace the need for a stinkie with the need for a pitstop to clean and rewick. You'll make it through.

Back