Milestone?

Thank goodness for commercial coils and tranquilizers! I have been vaping on my Pioneer mtl and Drag X's all day. Took along shower now and grabbed one of my trusty Zeus's to have some of @ivc_mixer 's Cafe Latte in front of the TV. Took a huge hit and, BAM, a mouth full of juice! Now I have 4 of these tanks and NEVER, as in NEVER have I had flooding. I've had the occasional dryish hit, but nothing to write home about.

Last week at work I noticed that their flavor was a bit below par compared to the Drag X's flavor and last night while wicking I wicked one too tight and messed up one my my @smilelykumeenit coils. So I went with less cotton and thinned out the legs a bit more than usual, thinking this would help it wick faster and perhaps increase flavor. Well, out of 4 Zeus's and one Serpent only one Zeus and the serpent is vaping fine. All three other Zeus's are flooded like the Vaal in rainy season :facepalm:

Two hours worth of wicking down the drain and 12ml of juice to boot. I'm thankful I gave all my stinkies to my mom, because had I had one on hand I would certainly have caved. Lucky for me just last week my psychiatrist sent through a prescription for some more tranquilizers. I took one and a half sommer, just to get through the craving and disappointment. Back to thick wicks for me.

Also, a special thanks to @Befo5 for helping me with the Expromizer today. Learnt some new tricks for fluffing out the wick ends and I now have one more variant to consider when wicking her.

Considered cancelling my outing to Jhb tomorrow to fix my wicking mess, but I think I need the outing. So tomorrow night I'll be wicking again. My first outing since I quit smoking, so it will be a test of my perseverance for sure. The next test will be to see if I can manage to skip a stinkie on my birthday on the 11th. I used to buy a pack of brand ciggies for the occasion instead of my usual cheapies. Maybe an extra Drag X is well deserved?Really loving those little mod/pods.

Just wanted to rant and rave a bit to get it out of my system. Thanks for reading.

I just want to give a shout out to two other gentleman who have been supporting me to no end on WhatsApp. @DarthBranMuffin and @Dela Rey Steyn you guys are awesome! Really appreciate all the advice and time spent. If I'm ever in your neck of the woods a drink is for sure on the table.

Last edited:
Don't worry Viper, I am with you today, really struggling hence the presence on the forum, found your posts and man it feels better knowing I am not the only one struggling. let's build some proper clouds today! The neighbor thought my house was on fire lol

Hang in there @takes!

Thank goodness for commercial coils and tranquilizers! I have been vaping on my Pioneer mtl and Drag X's all day. Took along shower now and grabbed one of my trusty Zeus's to have some of @ivc_mixer 's Cafe Latte in front of the TV. Took a huge hit and, BAM, a mouth full of juice! Now I have 4 of these tanks and NEVER, as in NEVER have I had flooding. I've had the occasional dryish hit, but nothing to write home about.

Last week at work I noticed that their flavor was a bit below par compared to the Drag X's flavor and last night while wicking I wicked one too tight and messed up one my my @smilelykumeenit coils. So I went with less cotton and thinned out the legs a bit more than usual, thinking this would help it wick faster and perhaps increase flavor. Well, out of 4 Zeus's and one Serpent only one Zeus and the serpent is vaping fine. All three other Zeus's are flooded like the Vaal in rainy season :facepalm:

Two hours worth of wicking down the drain and 12ml of juice to boot. I'm thankful I gave all my stinkies to my mom, because had I had one on hand I would certainly have caved. Lucky for me just last week my psychiatrist sent through a prescription for some more tranquilizers. I took one and a half sommer, just to get through the craving and disappointment. Back to thick wicks for me.

Also, a special thanks to @Befo5 for helping me with the Expromizer today. Learnt some new tricks for fluffing out the wick ends and I now have one more variant to consider when wicking her.

Considered cancelling my outing to Jhb tomorrow to fix my wicking mess, but I think I need the outing. So tomorrow night I'll be wicking again. My first outing since I quit smoking, so it will be a test of my perseverance for sure. The next test will be to see if I can manage to skip a stinkie on my birthday on the 11th. I used to buy a pack of brand ciggies for the occasion instead of my usual cheapies. Maybe an extra Drag X is well deserved?Really loving those little mod/pods.

Just wanted to rant and rave a bit to get it out of my system. Thanks for reading.

Stick to the Drag X - far less stressful!!

And as for your first outing - yes, you can do it. Remember your change of identity - you're not a smoker. You're a vaper. If someone offers you a stinkie, just say, "No thanks, I don't smoke."

Sitting in Eastgate Spur just missing some people from my past, but still vaping away, even if I have to do it in the smoking section. Just refilled on my IQOS supply, just until I can kick the stinkie cravings for good. It's still an ecig, so not exactly cheating in my mind and 6 weeks on two cartons is miles better than the five cartons of cheapie stinkies I was running through. Now I just need to find a girlfriend, lol one that doesn't smoke. That would not work for me licking out an ashtray again.

Phew! Made it home without a stinkie! Best part is that I didn't even have to touch the Pioneer. The Expro is now about half full and the battery is still above 60% as well. Not bad for a 200km round-trip and some vaping in Spur to boot. Quite impressed with the kit.

Now my only problem is I'm having a bit of Sunday blues on a Monday...

Sitting in Eastgate Spur just missing some people from my past, but still vaping away, even if I have to do it in the smoking section. Just refilled on my IQOS supply, just until I can kick the stinkie cravings for good. It's still an ecig, so not exactly cheating in my mind and 6 weeks on two cartons is miles better than the five cartons of cheapie stinkies I was running through. Now I just need to find a girlfriend, lol one that doesn't smoke. That would not work for me licking out an ashtray again.

Well done @Viper_SA !! Hope you find a girlfriend soon ;)

So today is 4 weeks and 3 days since my last stinkie. It is also exactly one calendar month, so I can start counting on months instead of weeks now. Sometimes I can't believe I made it this far, but I've done it. Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement in this thread, You all rock!

Well done @Viper_SA !!!! :headbang:

One of these days you will stop counting all together and just faintly remember the date that you stopped and you'll need an excel spreadsheet to calculate how long it has been... :giggle:

Well done @Viper_SA !!!! :headbang:

One of these days you will stop counting all together and just faintly remember the date that you stopped and you'll need an excel spreadsheet to calculate how long it has been... :giggle:

I actually wrote the date of my last stinkie on the whiteboard in my office with permanent marker

Great job @Viper_SA and @takes!

With The Zeus X, one has to leave enough cotton going into the ports or the deck floods. This tank is pretty much my go to, never let's me down but I did once trim my cotton too short and got a mouthful of juice, not pleasant! If you have any issues let me know?

Great job @Viper_SA and @takes!

With The Zeus X, one has to leave enough cotton going into the ports or the deck floods. This tank is pretty much my go to, never let's me down but I did once trim my cotton too short and got a mouthful of juice, not pleasant! If you have any issues let me know?

Thanks @LeislB, if I ever get a mesh I'll be sure to shout. I still have the original Zeus single coil. Al 4 are behaving again after wicking them the old way without trying to be fancy

So today is 4 weeks and 3 days since my last stinkie. It is also exactly one calendar month, so I can start counting on months instead of weeks now. Sometimes I can't believe I made it this far, but I've done it. Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement in this thread, You all rock!

No, YOU rock!!!

original-761748-2.jpg

Congratulations @Viper_SA

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

If I had ciggies in the house right now I'd be smoking like a chimney! I think I was better off dumping all the gear on someone's doorstep when I was cleaning out the cupboards rather than giving vaping another go. I threw out a horde of expired concentrates and brand new gorilla bottles because at that time I didn't think I'd ever vape again. I should have never decided to try just one device and gotten hooked again. Vaping sucks!
One bloody rta that makes me feel this way. From now on I'll blow clouds and carry around several devices, but mtl to save battery power and juice economy isn't worth all this hell.

I don't want to step on any toes here, but I've wicked the bloody Expro 100's of times, had someone else wick it for me, replaced all the o-rings, tried different coil diameters and still the thing floods and gurgles. Sure the flavor is great just after a rewick before she starts her shit, but it sure as **** ain't worth the trouble! I'm beginning to feel this tank is a grey product or something which tolerances aren't 100%. No way two people can not get one freaking rta to operate as it should.

She'll be headed off to a 3rd party to try and see if he can find the issue, if not he can drive over the bloody thing for all I care. I'm done with it.

So pissed off that I'm just going to pop a tranquilizer and go to bed and try to forget I'm a vaper at all. If it wasn't raining outside and I felt like getting dressed again I'd be on my way to the petrol station right now for a pack of 20's. So much freaking simpler and cheaper to boot.

I've wasted almost a whole pack of cotton bacon, at least 10 coils and a shitload of juice on this piece of shit.

Rant not over, but too pissed to keep typing

Meneer... hang in there, dont give up yet, well, maybe give up on the Expro, but dont give up vaping just yet... we'll find you something else that works.

Maybe MTL is just not for you, there are a plethora of single coil DL RTA's out there that can be right up your alley, if you build it right, it wont use too much juice either. And if that does not work, maybe single coil RDA on a regulated squonker is the way to go for juice capacity then.

Finding your sweetspot after an extended period not vaping is going to take time and with the rabbit hole that grows deeper by the day with new gear, you have to get back into the swing of things first, fresh start, reset... sometimes we have to forget what we have learned in order to learn a new thing.

If I had ciggies in the house right now I'd be smoking like a chimney! I think I was better off dumping all the gear on someone's doorstep when I was cleaning out the cupboards rather than giving vaping another go. I threw out a horde of expired concentrates and brand new gorilla bottles because at that time I didn't think I'd ever vape again. I should have never decided to try just one device and gotten hooked again. Vaping sucks!
One bloody rta that makes me feel this way. From now on I'll blow clouds and carry around several devices, but mtl to save battery power and juice economy isn't worth all this hell.

I don't want to step on any toes here, but I've wicked the bloody Expro 100's of times, had someone else wick it for me, replaced all the o-rings, tried different coil diameters and still the thing floods and gurgles. Sure the flavor is great just after a rewick before she starts her shit, but it sure as **** ain't worth the trouble! I'm beginning to feel this tank is a grey product or something which tolerances aren't 100%. No way two people can not get one freaking rta to operate as it should.

She'll be headed off to a 3rd party to try and see if he can find the issue, if not he can drive over the bloody thing for all I care. I'm done with it.

So pissed off that I'm just going to pop a tranquilizer and go to bed and try to forget I'm a vaper at all. If it wasn't raining outside and I felt like getting dressed again I'd be on my way to the petrol station right now for a pack of 20's. So much freaking simpler and cheaper to boot.

I've wasted almost a whole pack of cotton bacon, at least 10 coils and a shitload of juice on this piece of shit.

Rant not over, but too pissed to keep typing

Hope the rant made you feel a bit better. Stick to the Drag X with commercial coils. Much easier!

Vape on Wayne, Vape on Garth, Vape on Viper.

Man I can almost feel your pain. When I stopped I remember getting angry at the crappy devices I was using then, the spinners and clearo's helped but it wasn't until I got a Pico and a Q14 that I calmed down a bit. Once I found that particular sweet spot I stuck with it for years, very high mg nic and MTL.

My daughter bought me a Twisp Vega kit. That opened up the world of DTL and surprise surprise, the nic demand started tumbling like Jenga.

Your problem now is that YOU KNOW, what is available to you. I didn't. This had a sliver lining as I was made to stick to what I had. This is my 2C to you. Find something that works and stick to it, stop chasing better and better. I cringed when I saw that you were smoking those cheapies. Took me back to the times when I was broke and would scratch in the ashtray for a stompie.

Please don't make me cringe again ....... vape on Viper, vape on.

Now you know why I got rid of the Zeus X - swapped for another Gear RTA as it was way too much trouble with flooding, dry hits and burning cotton.

I’ve had my Gear RTAs for about 2 years now and I dread the day when I’d have to replace them.

Thanks for all the replies. I really do appreciate it and I apologize for my hissy fit last night. If only I had a mtl device that operated on commercial coils as well. I have the mtl pod for the Drag X, but it is way too airy for me. I am still upset that the expro isn't working for me, because the draw and the flavor is spot on. Just the damn flooding that is a killer. It will be shipped off on Friday to a good Samaritan that has offered to put it through it's paces and try and identify the issue for me. Another good Samaritan has already sent me tracking details of another mtl rta that he is pif'ing to me. In the end it is just the sense of community that is making me stay off the stinkies for now. I must be honest last night I hit the IQOS hard, but today I'm doing better.

I just prefer mtl for driving and vaping in public. Clouds are for home and work only. At work people are used to it as I'm not the only vaper here. At a mall's entrance r a smoking section in a restaurant it's a different story altogether. Which is why I badly want a good mtl setup that works for me.

My daughter bought me a Twisp Vega kit. That opened up the world of DTL and surprise surprise, the nic demand started tumbling like Jenga.

Ah! I had 2 x Mini Vegas - loved them. I'll scrounge around in my cupboard tonight and when I find them I'll put them up for sale in Classifieds.

Totally random question: did anyone else experience excessive pimples when they quit vaping? I seem to recall a very old thread about it, but can't find it anywhere.

Back