Milestone?

@Viper_SA you’re not alone. I quitted nearly 4 years ago and the battle at this stage is bad enough with an housemate who smokes and I have to fight not to lift one - the price of cigarettes vs vaping is enough to put me off. He pays £9.25 a packet of 20 cigarettes where I pay only £50 ish for 4-6 months supply of juice mixing stuff. No way I’m spending that much money on cigarettes again...

Eish, tonight I'm suffering again... I know it will taste k@k and ill be cross with myself if I smoke one, but damn tell that to my brain! Did what I know best, lol, and ordered some vape mail. Got a shock when I realised Fasttech doesn't ship to SA anymore, but found most of what I'm looking for on a local site. Not going to ship two drip tips alone. It doesn't allow me to ship a mod or even spare glass.

I was hospitalised earlier this year and I got to thinking now. What if it happens again. Can't exactly take all my building supplies etc to hospital with me. So I ordered a Drag X for when I need PnP convenience in future.

The fs t that I've already spent a small fortune to get back into vaping is helping me hold out, willpower alone wouldn't do it I'm afraid. For now though, I'm fighting the good fight.

You are indeed fighting a good fight @Viper_SA. Kudos to you on being strong! Keep going - the first 3 weeks, in my personal experience, are the worst. You're almost there!

I'm thrilled that you bought a Drag X. It's an awesome mod!!

Finally at home. Was a tough day at work. I vaped at 8am and only got a second chance at 12am. Four whole hours without nicotine! That is some kind of record for me. Must admit I didn't get nearly as fidgety as I did when I was on stinkies. Also, I had an Iqos Heets at 5am this morning and the next one at 2:30 pm. Not bad at all. Really weaning off them nicely at this stage, but I doubt I'll leave it altogether just yet. Don't want to put too much pressure on myself. Also bought a new mod today after being so impressed with my 1st Drag X. Only downside now is the fact that the displays differ and it bugs my OCD a little bit, but I'll survive.

Finally at home. Was a tough day at work. I vaped at 8am and only got a second chance at 12am. Four whole hours without nicotine! That is some kind of record for me. Must admit I didn't get nearly as fidgety as I did when I was on stinkies. Also, I had an Iqos Heets at 5am this morning and the next one at 2:30 pm. Not bad at all. Really weaning off them nicely at this stage, but I doubt I'll leave it altogether just yet. Don't want to put too much pressure on myself. Also bought a new mod today after being so impressed with my 1st Drag X. Only downside now is the fact that the displays differ and it bugs my OCD a little bit, but I'll survive.
Yeah baby steps, one step at a time... Go slow and you'll then look back and say what??? I know it's been 4 years since I quitted...

You're doing sooo well @Viper_SA! And as for 4 hours without nic - hell, I couldn't even do that!

Well, well, well. 3 weeks today. Last stinkie was on 6 March. I already feel better. A bit more stressed, but that could be other causes as well.
Just struggling to vape today as I burned my lip yesterday while having coffee out of one of those thermal cups. Lekker blister on my lip :facepalm:

But atleast the MTL units don't require me to use that part of my lip. Missing my DL though...

Well, well, well. 3 weeks today. Last stinkie was on 6 March. I already feel better. A bit more stressed, but that could be other causes as well.
Just struggling to vape today as I burned my lip yesterday while having coffee out of one of those thermal cups. Lekker blister on my lip :facepalm:

But atleast the MTL units don't require me to use that part of my lip. Missing my DL though...

3 weeks - brilliant!!! :zpong:

Yes, you're quite right!
Yeah that's why a Drag X Mod would go in handy, you don't have to rummage in your bag for the mod and waste precious time when you are able to take a break. I need to buy one when I can afford it as I've been off for a year on furlough and I'm due to start a trial shift from the 12th at an hotel operating the pot wash (I was interviewed for the housekeeping position but my housemate recommended me for the pot wash position as that was my prior experience before I was put on furlough). It's hard work but I like it when it keeps me busy and on the move all the time (ADHD).

Yeah that's why a Drag X Mod would go in handy, you don't have to rummage in your bag for the mod and waste precious time when you are able to take a break. I need to buy one when I can afford it as I've been off for a year on furlough and I'm due to start a trial shift from the 12th at an hotel operating the pot wash (I was interviewed for the housekeeping position but my housemate recommended me for the pot wash position as that was my prior experience before I was put on furlough). It's hard work but I like it when it keeps me busy and on the move all the time (ADHD).

Drag X is brilliant! Hope you get one soon!

So today is proving very difficult for me. I don't have any cravings really, and earlier at my mom's place my nose closed up completely with her smoke and I struggled to breathe actually, so I don't want to go back to stinkies, but damn I'm at that point where my mind is saying
"smoking was easier"... I have a major pit stop coming up that I'm not particularly looking forward to and both my MTL RTA's are proving to be a real pain in the ass to get the wicking right. Often have flooding on both and whistling on one. Really getting on my last nerve...

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks exactly since my last stinkie and although I already hate the smell and such, I am missing it for the simplicity of getting my fix. Apart from the two pain in the ass MTL RTA's the rest of my gear are performing just great. Just changed out the VM1 coils in my two Drag X's for two brand new VM6's. Really impressed, even at 40W. (recommended wattage is 60-80W)

Some thoughts and prayers welcome.

Just remember this
  • a packet of cigarettes cost more than your vape juices.
  • vaping smells and tastes better
  • you get more flavours and 100s of different recipes
  • Your clothes and house smells better being a vaper, even your car.
I just saw a video on cleaning a house that was occupied by a smoker for 22 years - the cleaner had to wash off yellow tar stains off the walls and ceilings.

So today is proving very difficult for me. I don't have any cravings really, and earlier at my mom's place my nose closed up completely with her smoke and I struggled to breathe actually, so I don't want to go back to stinkies, but damn I'm at that point where my mind is saying
"smoking was easier"... I have a major pit stop coming up that I'm not particularly looking forward to and both my MTL RTA's are proving to be a real pain in the ass to get the wicking right. Often have flooding on both and whistling on one. Really getting on my last nerve...

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks exactly since my last stinkie and although I already hate the smell and such, I am missing it for the simplicity of getting my fix. Apart from the two pain in the ass MTL RTA's the rest of my gear are performing just great. Just changed out the VM1 coils in my two Drag X's for two brand new VM6's. Really impressed, even at 40W. (recommended wattage is 60-80W)

Some thoughts and prayers welcome.

Firstly, huge congrats on 4 weeks stinkie free!!!

Secondly, if the RTAs are irritating you then put them aside and continue with the Drag X and VM6 coil. Why put extra pressure on yourself with the RTAs? It's unnecessary. Maybe one day you can go back to them, but let them be for now.

I've always used commercial coils because I couldn't be bothered with RTAs. I even get irritated when I have to change a commercial coil or refill the tank!! I want things to be as simple as possible.

Know thyself and live accordingly.

depositphotos_12.jpg

@Viper_SA you’re not alone. I quitted nearly 4 years ago and the battle at this stage is bad enough with an housemate who smokes and I have to fight not to lift one - the price of cigarettes vs vaping is enough to put me off. He pays £9.25 a packet of 20 cigarettes where I pay only £50 ish for 4-6 months supply of juice mixing stuff. No way I’m spending that much money on cigarettes again...
R187.89 is waaaay too much to spend on cigs , save a week and I could buy a very decent mod...

Now @Hooked has given sound advice - make things as easy as possible for yourself.

When I first started out, I also had disposable coils too. Heck they were a lot better than the Twisp Clearo devices, coils always burning out within a week. Now if I was working full-time, I'd want to find the most easiest way possible to free up some time for other things.

R187.89 is waaaay too much to spend on cigs , save a week and I could buy a very decent mod...
Comparing his smoking costs to my vaping costs:

£9.25 x 30 days (average) = £277.50 for a pack of 20 cigarettes alone.

Now for vaping, it only costs me £50 for 4 - 5 months supply of ejuice mixing supplies.

so now I'm going to reiterate on the cost of cigarettes - no way in hell I am paying that much. I rather spend it on something that makes a good investment - I'll buy new shoes, clothes, etc...

I'm eyeing a pair of black Asics shoes that will cost me £60 ish. I rather spend my money on better things.

Bench the problematic MTL RTA's until ypu have more time, patience and lus to fiddle with them. Stick to the coils, by choosing the tight ones you can get your gmhigh nic hit. Don't be so hard on yourself, you've done an amazing job. If it was easy all smokers would be quitting!

Just keep on trucking, we will keep on cheering!

Four weeks down the line and this morning I want to eat a cigarette. That's how bad the craving is today :facepalm:

Four weeks down the line and this morning I want to eat a cigarette. That's how bad the craving is today :facepalm:

Vasbyt! I remember all the times when I gave up stinkies and the most difficult was not at the beginning, but after about 3 weeks. Strange hey?

And having said "all the times" let me say that with vaping I will never go back!

Very strange indeed. I'll just have to vape like hell today

Very strange indeed. I'll just have to vape like hell today
Don't worry Viper, I am with you today, really struggling hence the presence on the forum, found your posts and man it feels better knowing I am not the only one struggling. let's build some proper clouds today! The neighbor thought my house was on fire lol

Back