Steeping Techniques

Smokyg

All day Vaper
VIP
LV

Awards
What technique do you guys use to steep or speed up the steeping?

I was discussing tips to speed up steeping (ie. hot bath and frothing) with reinhardt and he decided to microwave some juice just for the fun of doing it... Hahaha! Apparently the microwave became one big 220V box mod, vapour all over the place! :D

Thanks!On my Bucket list:
  • Put e-juice in microwave!

As for steeping, I prefer the cold long way. Some juices really come to their full taste after up to a month of standing.
For my extractions, I also only stick to cold extractions. Takes a lot of time, but in the end, it is so worth it!

Thats classic. Now how do you safely put a drip tip on a microwave.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

What technique do you guys use to steep or speed up the steeping?

I was discussing tips to speed up steeping (ie. hot bath and frothing) with reinhardt and he decided to microwave some juice just for the fun of doing it... Hahaha! Apparently the microwave became one big 220V box mod, vapour all over the place! :D

Talk about hotboxing ;):p

Thats classic. Now how do you safely put a drip tip on a microwave.

Well for each device you get pro's and cons.
Cotton tastes funny sometimes. Silica has a limited amount of dryburns you can do, microwave comes with a 1000 watts of microwaves in you lungs. It's all about finding what works for you, and accepting little quirks like that.

Well for each device you get pro's and cons.
Cotton tastes funny sometimes. Silica has a limited amount of dryburns you can do, microwave comes with a 1000 watts of microwaves in you lungs. It's all about finding what works for you, and accepting little quirks like that.
Microwaves also has a pepper spray effect, especially when vaping menthol :D Forget the throat hit! here is where EYE hit comes to play!

Hey! It seemed like a good idea at the time. So yes the story starts with me and old Alex having a discussion about steeping tips as we all know it is not nice to wait for a Vape. So I think "I had science at school (Many a year ago and did not do all that great) and with science I learned that whatever you are mixing works better and faster when heat is applied. So Light-bulb! I need to try this! So in my drawer at the office I have plenty of Top-Q Liquids just standing there waiting to be vaped. So I take 3 of them, Coffee, Cola and Bubble Gum Spearmint. A potent combination and pour all of it into one of these manual frothing devices. Microwave here we come!! So in goes the frother and on goes the Microwave. So instead of standing watching the liquid I start a conversation with Solomon also standing in the kitchen washing cups and all of a sudden my eyes start burning! As I turn to look at the Microwave I see Vapor pouring out of it! And not just a little bit! No dripper in the world even with 50 people Vaping at the same time can produce that much Vapor! So there I am eyes burning an tearing up. So I open the microwave just to release more killer Vapor! So Solomon is running scared coughing, crying and i'm stuck with boiling liquid running outside in disbelieve. You can't imagine how long that stuff was boiling for! And in all that time it is still Vaping itself! Leaving a trail of Vapor behind me and thinking that this stuff is much worse than tear gas! At the moment I have put the killer liquid outside! Far far away from everything and everyone! I did see a couple of dead birds around it! I'm to afraid to go and look!

So in short. Bad idea!

Hey! It seemed like a good idea at the time. So yes the story starts with me and old Alex having a discussion about steeping tips as we all know it is not nice to wait for a Vape. So I think "I had science at school (Many a year ago and did not do all that great) and with science I learned that whatever you are mixing works better and faster when heat is applied. So Light-bulb! I need to try this! So in my drawer at the office I have plenty of Top-Q Liquids just standing there waiting to be vaped. So I take 3 of them, Coffee, Cola and Bubble Gum Spearmint. A potent combination and pour all of it into one of these manual frothing devices. Microwave here we come!! So in goes the frother and on goes the Microwave. So instead of standing watching the liquid I start a conversation with Solomon also standing in the kitchen washing cups and all of a sudden my eyes start burning! As I turn to look at the Microwave I see Vapor pouring out of it! And not just a little bit! No dripper in the world even with 50 people Vaping at the same time can produce that much Vapor! So there I am eyes burning an tearing up. So I open the microwave just to release more killer Vapor! So Solomon is running scared coughing, crying and i'm stuck with boiling liquid running outside in disbelieve. You can't imagine how long that stuff was boiling for! And in all that time it is still Vaping itself! Leaving a trail of Vapor behind me and thinking that this stuff is much worse than tear gas! At the moment I have put the killer liquid outside! Far far away from everything and everyone! I did see a couple of dead birds around it! I'm to afraid to go and look!

So in short. Bad idea!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D:D :D Ah man! My cheeks are hurting so bad! Again!! :D ROFL

Hahahaha i'm latching so loudly now my domestic worker and my son is staring at me and asking what now? This is hilarious

Only one question remains: Has what is left over of the juice now steeped properly?

So. Solomon just rolled into my office. Very slowly and softy (Checking to see if the coast is clear) and goes: "AAAAAAHHHHHGGGGG what was that? Were you liking to kill me?! I was coughing! And crying! I was not knowing what is happening! So I start rolling on the floor laughing!

LOL I thought it said "Sleeping Techniques" I was like hmmm this is strange hahah.

So. Solomon just rolled into my office. Very slowly and softy (Checking to see if the coast is clear) and goes: "AAAAAAHHHHHGGGGG what was that? Were you liking to kill me?! I was coughing! And crying! I was not knowing what is happening! So I start rolling on the floor laughing!
Hahaha! Ah old Sollie! Can just imagine!

2014-02-06 14.28.01.jpg 2014-02-06 14.21.38.jpg A Photo of Solomon and the devil liquid and what it looks like now. I'll Vape it another day. I'm cured of menthol things for a while now I think.

Last edited:
I must say! Just dropped some of this nuked juice into my iClear 16 and it is tasting really really smooth! I think we have a solution! I'll try it with some other juice and report back! :D

I must say! Just dropped some of this nuked juice into my iClear 16 and it is tasting really really smooth! I think we have a solution! I'll try it with some other juice and report back! :D

You quite brave.

Might be on a trip from my previous experience.

Did an experiment yesterday (after reading about it on http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com) Speedup steeping in ultrasonic bath. When first mixed (RY4 5.5ml + Cherry 7.3ml + Menthol 7.2ml) the cherry was totally overwhelming and the menthol gave me a BALL-KICK in the throat. No juice left and can not wait for 2 - 3 weeks. I know they use ultrasonic devices in chemical labs to mix stuff, so I put the freshly mix in the ultrasonic bath and kept the water temp under 50C so as not to oxidize the nicotine. In the 3 hours plus cool down time I almost took a stinkie. Well I was surprised beyond all stinkies when I took the first vape - it worked; the cherry and menthol was very subtle afterthoughts and I could "taste" the RY4 for the first time what it's suppose to be. No more KICK-N-THE-BALLS throat hit, but as I like it. Vaped myself in a stupor last night.

Back