The Official Ekowool Thread

Well that's not good... I have about 4km's of the stuff on it's way! :confused:
I think I have determined that quantity vs quantity the cotton wicks much, much better - ok realistically we all knew this, but I have now proved it in practice.

So that leaves me to conclude that the only way to feed a micro coil with sufficient juice is with cotton - again a confirmation of what everyone else knew.

That means the only option for getting enough Ewok fur into a coil is wrapping an ugly coil around three or four strands, with the wraps compressed fairly tight. That's what I have been running on the Reo for the past three weeks, with Ribbon, and the performance has been outstanding.

It would be great if revrev AKA @RevnLucky7 and matmat AKA @Andre could post pics of their builds for comparisson purposes. I am still baffled when it comes to building Ewok fur into a kayfun build without getting dry hits. When I tried to wrap Ewok fur freestyle it came out too big to fit onto the deck

here is my setup in my russian and no dry hits at all
uva4yqes.jpg
doesnt wick aswell as cotton but works for an adv. I dont have the real deal revn ekowool tho. working through the vapemob stash

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

I have now also built a Kayfun with a 0.8ohm coil and figure 8 ekowool. I am impressed.
I am not posting pics cause it looks like a dogs balls :)

I think I have determined that quantity vs quantity the cotton wicks much, much better - ok realistically we all knew this, but I have now proved it in practice.

So that leaves me to conclude that the only way to feed a micro coil with sufficient juice is with cotton - again a confirmation of what everyone else knew.

That means the only option for getting enough Ewok fur into a coil is wrapping an ugly coil around three or four strands, with the wraps compressed fairly tight. That's what I have been running on the Reo for the past three weeks, with Ribbon, and the performance has been outstanding.

It would be great if revrev AKA @RevnLucky7 and matmat AKA @Andre could post pics of their builds for comparisson purposes. I am still baffled when it comes to building Ewok fur into a kayfun build without getting dry hits. When I tried to wrap Ewok fur freestyle it came out too big to fit onto the deck
I have done the figure 8 wick, but do not like wrapping through the 2 loops. Since tried the same principle but using an S compressed. Then you also get 2 loops which you can put to the sides and wrapping is easier. Wicking ok, but not as good for me as in the Reomizer. Putting my hope on the rayon for the Russian.

@devdev can you please post a pic as I have some ribbon and ecowool en route?

Here is the Ewokfur with three wraps of ribbon on the Reomiser.

Did a quick dryburn to show you how the wraps are. If you rinse the Ewokfur under running water and brush lightly with a tooth brush it comes out nearly white again.

2014-07-08 12.44.54.jpg

I think this is almost a month old now

Here is the Ewokfur with three wraps of ribbon on the Reomiser.

Did a quick dryburn to show you how the wraps are. If you rinse the Ewokfur under running water and brush lightly with a tooth brush it comes out nearly white again.

View attachment 7768

I think this is almost a month old now
Did you steal some off this tough guy? ;)

ewok.JPG

You need a lot of wick. Basically need about triple the amount of material to have comparable performance to the normal amount of cotton.

Yip this is the UK sourced Ewokfur. The other one I sourced locally doesnt seem as good

Ok this might me a blonde question but is there any need to worry if the coil goes black? I think its from the Witchers brew that is burnt onto the coil.

Im assuming with the use of EwokFur there shouldnt be any need for concern but just wanted to clarify.:wondering:

Ok this might me a blonde question but is there any need to worry if the coil goes black? I think its from the Witchers brew that is burnt onto the coil.

Im assuming with the use of EwokFur there shouldnt be any need for concern but just wanted to clarify.:wondering:

If you run the coil dry and Blackbird gets crusty you might have a bit of a k@k taste. Trick with Blackbird is to avoid any dry hits what so ever. The coil will go black though as BB is a NET. These dark liquids tend to gunk coils up. It has no mercy. Nice thing about Ekowool, pour some boiling water over it, do a dryburn and off you go.

As RevRev said, the coil will build up a layer of gunk. Dry burn it, rinse it, dry burn, refill and back you go.

Ewokfur is very resilient. Even though the Ewoks fought against you @Darth_V@PER you must appreciate their strength

@devdev, I have forgiven those little furry critters eons ago and have learnt to appreciate the special characteristics they offer.... EF for the win!

I will also try that whole take your Ewok Fur to the vape wash... Wash/rinse/dry then dry burn. I got it people watch this "Space"

@devdev, I have forgiven those little furry critters eons ago and have learnt to appreciate the special characteristics they offer.... EF for the win!

I will also try that whole take your Ewok Fur to the vape wash... Wash/rinse/dry then dry burn. I got it people watch this "Space"

I am sure the vape technicians on the death star can get that sorted out quick and easy

Done a new coil just now with 2mm x 2 and 0.9 ribbon. Same as the last time.
This was after 5 weeks running.
So convenient.

Done a new coil just now with 2mm x 2 and 0.9 ribbon. Same as the last time.
This was after 5 weeks running.
So convenient.
Just done Ekowool 2 mm x 3 with the 0.9 (27 g) ribbon to replace a ceramic wick that gave out after 1½ months. Looks a bit thick (think I will do 2 mm x 2 like you next time), but am much impressed first up. Around 3/4 wraps, came out at 0.69 ohms. And the ribbon is so much easier to wrap around the Ekowool and does not cut into it as the round wire does.

I did 3/4 wrapps. Didn't check the ohms, but it is exactly where I want it. Really impressed with the Ekowool. I just did it wrong in the beginning. Now that I'm doing it right, it's really great!

It seems the pics here have very 'loose fitting' coils around the Ekowool ?
I suspect this might be where the wicking issues might be coming from.
For me the beauty of Ekowool is that it cannot easily be damaged and as such I build a coil and wick to last till removal of the coil or plainly put I do not re-wick with Ekowool, just replace the whole build.
This being the case I insert a smallish diameter drill bit into the Ekowool (its hollow) and wrap my coil directly around the Ekowool, removing the need to insert the Ekowool into the coil which is tricky at best...
After mounting and positioning the coil the drill bit is removed and viola. A tight fit that wicks very well.

Here is pic with 0.6 ribbon, no spacing on it and slightly smaller diameter than the Ekowool. (Please excuse that right hand curl, I always struggle with the first one for some reason..)

magmarib.jpg

Disclaimer: I sell the stuff so I may be (at least subconsciously) biased.

Was busy with some admin and had a thought.
2mm Ekowool has quite the hollow core. Think it's possible to thread Cellucotton through it using a over sized needle or something similar? Pretty sure if you try hard enough, you'll get it through.

Back