Vape King - Juice Reviews

Hi all

It's been a long while since I reviewed a Vape King juice. I like their Pina Colada and Grape Soda and have re-ordered those a few times.

I am a tobacco fan but with my favourite WB Blackbird not easy to get anymore, my plan is to try more local tobaccoes.

So when I saw the Hazelnut Cigar at the VK NorthCliff launch a few months back, I bought a bottle. I got the 12mg strength. The 20ml bottle cost me R80. It is a 65% VG blend. I believe VK have since changed their packaging and bottle sizes.

Have been vaping it for about two weeks. Here goes...

Vape King - HAZELNUT CIGAR (12mg)

Bottom line - a bold rich and bitter tobacco with a bit of sweetness in the background. I like it for its boldness, ruggedness and decent throat hit. I enjoyed the flavour for the occasional strong vape - but it's just a pity that I found it to be quite a coil gunker so I had to rewick more frequently. I will probably not re-order.

IMG_1130 - cropped and resized 550wide.jpg

The juice has a dark brown colour and a feint "tobaccoey" smell.

On the vape I get an immediate strong rich bitter tobacco taste with something a bit sweet in the background. It's definitely bold and "rugged" - that suits me! The tobacco component is the dominant feature. Is it a cigar? I don't really know because I was never into cigars - but it is a strongish full tobacco taste. Not easy for me to describe the tobacco taste itself - but it's deep and rich. Earthy, woody perhaps - i.e. not grassy. There is a bitterness to the tobacco which I quite like - and it becomes more prominent in the aftertaste. Overall it's a strong flavoured juice.

The sweetness in the background is not obvious - doesn't strike me as hazelnut - but I do get a background nutty sort of taste now and then. The bit of sweetness does balance the tobacco bitterness but the bitterness still dominates.

I got more used to the taste the more I vaped it - and did enjoy the flavour.

It's not a sweet vape - more of a bitter type of taste. I found it to be a wettish vape. It is certainly warm and not cool.

Throat hit was surprisingly good for a 12mg 65%VG juice (from my perspective). It delivered in that department. Not the strongest throat hit I have had but very satisfactory. The boldness of the flavour likely contributes to this. Vapour production was good.

This is definitely a bold vape. Not something I would vape mindlessly - more like an occasional vape when I felt like that taste. So not an alldayer for me. I liked it while drinking coffee and for a few puffs after dinner.

The aftertaste is a bitter tobacco one. Even 10 minutes after vaping this, just exhaling through your nose, you can still taste that deep tobacco - but it becomes quite bitter. It reminds me a lot of smoking.

I only used my "Tobacco Reo" with RM2 for this juice because I prefer my tobaccoes strong and in mouth to lung mode. A drawback for me with this juice was the way it gunked the coils and wicks in my RM2. The first 2ml or so is lovely, then the vape starts degrading a bit. Less vaporisation and a more subdued vape. Nowhere near the first 2ml. So I had to dry burn and rewick more frequently to get the most out of it. I initially thought something was wrong with my setup and even tried three different coils with different IDs and wicking materials - but got the same result. It's a pity because I quite like the flavour.

How does this compare with other tobacco juices? It's more bitter than Blackbird. Along the same lines of Hurricane Vapor Sunshine Cured, but I think not as authentic. Also along the lines of Vape Elixir's pure tobacco but a lot darker and richer. VE's Pure Tobacco is lighter and has more "grassiness" to it.

Overall, I enjoyed this juice but was disappointed at how much of a coil gunker it was. Leading to a degraded vape and having to rewick. I think this juice is suited for drippers and rebuildables where you can rewick easily. I won't be suggesting it for commercial coil setups even though I didn't attempt that ;-)

If you want something quite dark, rich, bold and bitter, give this a try - but be prepared to rewick more frequently.

Packaging:
  • Simple packaging. A plastic squeezable bottle with an easy to use nozzle.
  • The labelling is good. It has the PG/VG ratio and the nic strength.
  • The cap however is not of the child deterrent variety.
Vape King has since changed their bottles and packaging, so this packaging has been phased out I believe.

Equipment used:
  • REO Grand/RM2 - 0.4 ohm para coil - Jap Cotton wick - (35 to 45 Watts, depending on battery level)

@Silver I see what you mean about Vape King’s Hazelnut Cigar being a coil and wick gunker. For me, I’d rather still vape it, even though I’ll need to wick more frequently. I tried it for the first time today (in my RDA, won’t be putting it in any tank :p) and I LOVE it. This juice has quickly become my “go to” for whenever I feel like a stinkie, or even just for when I feel like a strong tobacco flavour.

Vape King (house-brand) - Tiramisu
@Stroodlepuff

Flavour Description:
“A delectable dessert vape, composed of smooth coffee and creamy layers of cake.
Please note this is a Limited Edition Beta juice”

VG/PG: 65/35
Nic: 6mg
Mod: Pico
Coil: Commercial 0.3 ohm
Watt: 30W

My comment:
Considering that this is an inexpensive juice (only R80/35ml), I was pleasantly surprised. The coffee flavour is light and enjoyable - perhaps too light as a first-vape-of-the-day, but good for during the day.

Would I buy this juice again: Yes

EDIT: Bottle size 35ml, not 30ml

Vape King
VK Prime Passionate (house brand)

DSC_0444[1].JPG

Asvape Gabriel 80w mod
Watts/Volts: 37w / 3.55v

Riscle Pirate King RDA
0.34 ohms
Streaky Cotton

Strength: 3mg
Website: https://www.vapeking.co.za/vk-prime-passionate-60ml.html?rid

My first impression upon tasting a drop of the juice on my tongue, it tasted like medicine. BUT however my view changed when I dripped into my RDA and was blown away by the flavour. It tastes very similar to the passion fruit drink that you buy at the shops or the granadilla ones that my Gran used to make when I was a kid.

Not overly sweet, which surprised me as I dislike very sweet juices. It's not overpowering either, it is just perfect in my opinion. Perfect for an all day summer vape.

@Stroodlepuff I would suggest a version that has menthol in for those who like iced juices and I definitely would take up an iced one myself.

Similar to: Lecol Passion Fruit or granadilla cool drink.

Last edited:
Vape King
VK Prime Passionate (house brand)

View attachment 141056

Asvape Gabriel 80w mod
Watts/Volts: 37w / 3.55v

Riscle Pirate King RDA
0.34 ohms
Streaky Cotton

Website: https://www.vapeking.co.za/vk-prime-passionate-60ml.html?rid

My first impression upon tasting a drop of the juice on my tongue, it tasted like medicine. BUT however my view changed when I dripped into my RDA and was blown away by the flavour. It tastes very similar to the passion fruit drink that you buy at the shops or the granadilla ones that my Gran used to make when I was a kid.

Not over sweet, which surprised me as I dislike very sweet juices. It's not overpowering either, it is just perfect in my opinion. Perfect for an all day summer vape.

@Stroodlepuff I would suggest a version that has menthol in for those who like iced juices and I definitely would take up an iced one myself.

Similar to: Lecol Passion Fruit or granadilla cool drink.

Also got my bottle today and im getting a koolada effect, not menthol but a cool ice feel from mine?

Sigelei Fuchai 213W
Watts/Volts: 40w / 4.73v

OBS Engine V1 RTA
0.53 ohms
Single Coil build (between Velocity Deck)
Mr Fluff - Lung Candy

I must confess, i started vaping this without rewicking and after vaping Mr hardwicks apple cookie (Limited as it seems its not available to public) and the first couple of puffs i started getting the flavor. Its a good flavour, not too sweet and almost musky to me unless thats the previous juice still coming through. I get a cooling affect as if you are drinking a ice cold granadilla juice. Personally im not one for vape juices that has this cooling affect but i think in summer it will be great and refreshing! Great flavor with a slight lime/lemon taste to it.

Will rewick tonight with the Octocotton and give it a proper bash and report back. I think my Wife will love this juice!

Hi all

Been a while since I've reviewed a Vape King juice. This one is from their new VK Prime range. I got a bottle of VK Prime PomCool quite a while back. It costs R120 for 60ml. Got the 6mg version. Started vaping it about a month ago so have gotten to know it fairly well and have nearly finished the bottle. Here goes...

VK PRIME - POMCOOL (6mg)

Bottom line - wow, what a great tasting fruity juice. Pleasant surprise. I like it for it's mild cool raspberry sherbet type of taste. And that it's light and refreshing with the coolness. Has a lovely soft texture and I enjoyed vaping it a lot. Will definitely be re-ordering.

44673eda4930d41d20c066804e5adb0e.jpg

The juice has an orange colour and a fruity smell to it.

On the vape, I get a mild cool raspberry sherbet taste. It's very tasty. Hard to pinpoint the exact flavours. For me a bit of raspberry and something slightly sour which I like. It all works well and the medley tastes good. There is a slight candyish sort of taste but its pleasant. Then the coolness. It's not icy it's just cool and refreshing. The flavours are light, not heavy. Makes you want to vape more to get more of the taste. Lol. Definitely morish. The flavours are well balanced. It's a refreshing vape that makes me feel light and airy.

The juice is slightly sweet but not overly so. Just right for me. Perhaps because its lightly flavoured. It's medium on the "dry/wet scale". Definitely a cool vape with the refreshing coolness in it. I find it tastes natural - no synthetic tones coming through.

It's low in the throat hit department. (6mg in the Dvarw) I could have had a bit more punch - I see it is offered in 12mg so I need to try that. But that's just me - I like my throat hit. Despite that I enjoyed vaping this. Good vapour production. I suppose par for a 70VG juice.

The texture on this juice is great. It's a soft and premium feel. And this helps to make it a nice mellow vape. Definite all day potential because it's not overbearing.

It vaped well in my Dvarw. No problems. I didn't vape it in any other devices because I liked the experience in the Dvarw a lot so didn't need to try anything else.

The aftertaste is very pleasant and fairly short lived. It leaves me with a refreshing slightly fruity taste and a little bit of tingling from the coolness. Lovely.

I enjoyed vaping this throughout the day but preferred later in the day (I am more of a MTL vaper in the mornings and I vaped this as a restricted lung). It's a light and fresh vape with a little bit of a tingle. Perhaps a slight fizz to it. Lovely.

I can't report any negatives with this juice.

I like my fruity menthol vapes and while this is not a menthol it's definitely a cool fruit. I have enjoyed it from the start but have grown to like it and appreciate it more over time. If you like your light fruity vapes, definitely give this a try.

I also think it's great value at R120 for 60ml. I will definitely be getting a few more bottles. Big ups to @Gizmo and @Stroodlepuff on this new juice. And to Max on the VK team who I believe mixed it up. What a delightful and pleasant juice indeed!

Packaging:
  • Plastic 60ml gorilla type bottle with a fine nozzle that works well.
  • The labelling is good and the nic strength and PG/VG ratio is clearly marked.
  • The cap is of the child deterrent variety.

Equipment used:
  • Dvarw DL (on Minikin V1.5) - 0.7 ohm Vandy Vape NI80 MTL fused clapton coil - Royal wicks - (20 to 25 Watts)

Last edited:
Hi all

Been a while since I've reviewed a Vape King juice. This one is from their new VK Prime range. I got a bottle of VK Prime PomCool quite a while back. It costs R120 for 60ml. Got the 6mg version. Started vaping it about a month ago so have gotten to know it fairly well and have nearly finished the bottle. Here goes...

VK PRIME - POMCOOL (6mg)

Bottom line - wow, what a great tasting fruity juice. Pleasant surprise. I like it for it's mild cool raspberry sherbet type of taste. And that it's light and refreshing with the coolness. Has a lovely soft texture and I enjoyed vaping it a lot. Will definitely be re-ordering.

44673eda4930d41d20c066804e5adb0e.jpg

The juice has an orange colour and a fruity smell to it.

On the vape, I get a mild cool raspberry sherbet taste. It's very tasty. Hard to pinpoint the exact flavours. For me a bit of raspberry and something slightly sour which I like. It all works well and the medley tastes good. There is a slight candyish sort of taste but its pleasant. Then the coolness. It's not icy it's just cool and refreshing. The flavours are light, not heavy. Makes you want to vape more to get more of the taste. Lol. Definitely morish. The flavours are well balanced. It's a refreshing vape that makes me feel light and airy.

The juice is slightly sweet but not overly so. Just right for me. Perhaps because its lightly flavoured. It's medium on the "dry/wet scale". Definitely a cool vape with the refreshing coolness in it. I find it tastes natural - no synthetic tones coming through.

It's low in the throat hit department. (6mg in the Dvarw) I could have had a bit more punch - I see it is offered in 12mg so I need to try that. But that's just me - I like my throat hit. Despite that I enjoyed vaping this. Good vapour production. I suppose par for a 70VG juice.

The texture on this juice is great. It's a soft and premium feel. And this helps to make it a nice mellow vape. Definite all day potential because it's not overbearing.

It vaped well in my Dvarw. No problems. I didn't vape it in any other devices because I liked the experience in the Dvarw a lot so didn't need to try anything else.

The aftertaste is very pleasant and fairly short lived. It leaves me with a refreshing slightly fruity taste and a little bit of tingling from the coolness. Lovely.

I enjoyed vaping this throughout the day but preferred later in the day (I am more of a MTL vaper in the mornings and I vaped this as a restricted lung). It's a light and fresh vape with a little bit of a tingle. Perhaps a slight fizz to it. Lovely.

I can't report any negatives with this juice.

I like my fruity menthol vapes and while this is not a menthol it's definitely a cool fruit. I have enjoyed it from the start but have grown to like it and appreciate it more over time. If you like your light fruity vapes, definitely give this a try.

I also think it's great value at R120 for 60ml. I will definitely be getting a few more bottles. Big ups to @Gizmo and @Stroodlepuff on this new juice. What a delightful and pleasant juice indeed!

Packaging:
  • Plastic 60ml gorilla type bottle with a fine nozzle that works well.
  • The labelling is good and the nic strength and PG/VG ratio is clearly marked.
  • The cap is of the child deterrent variety.

Equipment used:
  • Dvarw DL (on Minikin V1.5) - 0.7 ohm Vandy Vape NI80 MTL fused clapton coil - Royal wicks - (20 to 25 Watts)

Thanks for the kind words @Silver.

also really enjoying this Juice.. I feel I get a bit tired of the taste though after half a day...anyone else experience that?

also really enjoying this Juice.. I feel I get a bit tired of the taste though after half a day...anyone else experience that?

I wasnt vaping it exclusively @Martin Narainsamy - not sure if you were
It was in the Dvarw for about a month and the Dvarw was about one of four devices on the go
I find i tire of most juices when i vape them exclusively for more than a few hours
I need to change it up all the time

Here are my first impressions of Prime Vape FIZZAPPLE ICE

I bought it a while back and tried it briefly but not properly. I got busy. So back into the cupboard it went. Prime Vape is a juice line created by Vape King but it stands on its own as a separate brand. I love the PomCool which has a delicious raspberry taste so I was keen to try out the FizzApple. I enjoy my fruity ice vapes. I got the 6mg strength. Been vaping it today in the Hadaly...

Prime Vape - FIZZAPPLE ICE 6mg

First impression - wow, this is a great juice! Sweet and sour apple with a sherbet vibe and some awesome coolness. Well blended and not too sweet or too sour. I can see myself vaping a lot more of this.

It’s lovely. A tasty sweet and sour apple with some awesome coolness.

The sweet and sour are quite evenly matched, so not too sweet or too sour. Just right. Good balance. The sour has a lovely twang to it. Just enough to get you to vape more but not enough to be too sour, balanced by the sweetness.

There’s also a definite sherbet fizzy vibe which I enjoy. It’s like those green apple suckers when you get to the sherbet part in the middle.

This juice is mixed beautifully. And it has that signature coolness similar to the PomCool juice which I love. it’s not an arctic icy blast but a generous dose of coolness which blends with the other flavours and leaves your mouth with a pleasant refreshing aftertaste.

Wow, this juice has impressed me and I am enjoying it thoroughly.

Well done to @Gizmo, @Stroodlepuff , @MADMAX and the Prime Vape team. You have created a great juice here that delivers very well. Great thing is it’s price. I paid R120 for 60ml so it’s good value.

c4992dc90ffba348d7f042b1a921033e.jpg

Here are my first impressions of Prime Vape FIZZAPPLE ICE

I bought it a while back and tried it briefly but not properly. I got busy. So back into the cupboard it went. Prime Vape is a juice line created by Vape King but it stands on its own as a separate brand. I love the PomCool which has a delicious raspberry taste so I was keen to try out the FizzApple. I enjoy my fruity ice vapes. I got the 6mg strength. Been vaping it today in the Hadaly...

Prime Vape - FIZZAPPLE ICE 6mg

First impression - wow, this is a great juice! Sweet and sour apple with a sherbet vibe and some awesome coolness. Well blended and not too sweet or too sour. I can see myself vaping a lot more of this.

It’s lovely. A tasty sweet and sour apple with some awesome coolness.

The sweet and sour are quite evenly matched, so not too sweet or too sour. Just right. Good balance. The sour has a lovely twang to it. Just enough to get you to vape more but not enough to be too sour, balanced by the sweetness.

There’s also a definite sherbet fizzy vibe which I enjoy. It’s like those green apple suckers when you get to the sherbet part in the middle.

This juice is mixed beautifully. And it has that signature coolness similar to the PomCool juice which I love. it’s not an arctic icy blast but a generous dose of coolness which blends with the other flavours and leaves your mouth with a pleasant refreshing aftertaste.

Wow, this juice has impressed me and I am enjoying it thoroughly.

Well done to @Gizmo, @Stroodlepuff , @MADMAX and the Prime Vape team. You have created a great juice here that delivers very well. Great thing is it’s price. I paid R120 for 60ml so it’s good value.

c4992dc90ffba348d7f042b1a921033e.jpg
I can only explain this juice in one way, there must be an extra hole in the bottle somewhere, it finishes way too fast! :cool: @Gizmo @Stroodlepuff and Max the mixer!:D

Hi all

It's been a long while since I reviewed a Vape King juice. I like their Pina Colada and Grape Soda and have re-ordered those a few times.

I am a tobacco fan but with my favourite WB Blackbird not easy to get anymore, my plan is to try more local tobaccoes.

So when I saw the Hazelnut Cigar at the VK NorthCliff launch a few months back, I bought a bottle. I got the 12mg strength. The 20ml bottle cost me R80. It is a 65% VG blend. I believe VK have since changed their packaging and bottle sizes.

Have been vaping it for about two weeks. Here goes...

Vape King - HAZELNUT CIGAR (12mg)

Bottom line - a bold rich and bitter tobacco with a bit of sweetness in the background. I like it for its boldness, ruggedness and decent throat hit. I enjoyed the flavour for the occasional strong vape - but it's just a pity that I found it to be quite a coil gunker so I had to rewick more frequently. I will probably not re-order.

View attachment 71889

The juice has a dark brown colour and a feint "tobaccoey" smell.

On the vape I get an immediate strong rich bitter tobacco taste with something a bit sweet in the background. It's definitely bold and "rugged" - that suits me! The tobacco component is the dominant feature. Is it a cigar? I don't really know because I was never into cigars - but it is a strongish full tobacco taste. Not easy for me to describe the tobacco taste itself - but it's deep and rich. Earthy, woody perhaps - i.e. not grassy. There is a bitterness to the tobacco which I quite like - and it becomes more prominent in the aftertaste. Overall it's a strong flavoured juice.

The sweetness in the background is not obvious - doesn't strike me as hazelnut - but I do get a background nutty sort of taste now and then. The bit of sweetness does balance the tobacco bitterness but the bitterness still dominates.

I got more used to the taste the more I vaped it - and did enjoy the flavour.

It's not a sweet vape - more of a bitter type of taste. I found it to be a wettish vape. It is certainly warm and not cool.

Throat hit was surprisingly good for a 12mg 65%VG juice (from my perspective). It delivered in that department. Not the strongest throat hit I have had but very satisfactory. The boldness of the flavour likely contributes to this. Vapour production was good.

This is definitely a bold vape. Not something I would vape mindlessly - more like an occasional vape when I felt like that taste. So not an alldayer for me. I liked it while drinking coffee and for a few puffs after dinner.

The aftertaste is a bitter tobacco one. Even 10 minutes after vaping this, just exhaling through your nose, you can still taste that deep tobacco - but it becomes quite bitter. It reminds me a lot of smoking.

I only used my "Tobacco Reo" with RM2 for this juice because I prefer my tobaccoes strong and in mouth to lung mode. A drawback for me with this juice was the way it gunked the coils and wicks in my RM2. The first 2ml or so is lovely, then the vape starts degrading a bit. Less vaporisation and a more subdued vape. Nowhere near the first 2ml. So I had to dry burn and rewick more frequently to get the most out of it. I initially thought something was wrong with my setup and even tried three different coils with different IDs and wicking materials - but got the same result. It's a pity because I quite like the flavour.

How does this compare with other tobacco juices? It's more bitter than Blackbird. Along the same lines of Hurricane Vapor Sunshine Cured, but I think not as authentic. Also along the lines of Vape Elixir's pure tobacco but a lot darker and richer. VE's Pure Tobacco is lighter and has more "grassiness" to it.

Overall, I enjoyed this juice but was disappointed at how much of a coil gunker it was. Leading to a degraded vape and having to rewick. I think this juice is suited for drippers and rebuildables where you can rewick easily. I won't be suggesting it for commercial coil setups even though I didn't attempt that ;-)

If you want something quite dark, rich, bold and bitter, give this a try - but be prepared to rewick more frequently.

Packaging:
  • Simple packaging. A plastic squeezable bottle with an easy to use nozzle.
  • The labelling is good. It has the PG/VG ratio and the nic strength.
  • The cap however is not of the child deterrent variety.
Vape King has since changed their bottles and packaging, so this packaging has been phased out I believe.

Equipment used:
  • REO Grand/RM2 - 0.4 ohm para coil - Jap Cotton wick - (35 to 45 Watts, depending on battery level)
Sounds good.

Back