Why should I consider a Reo?

Wow this thread took off. I have a question thats kind of related to the discussion at least and I dont think it warrants a thread of its own. I was under the impression the mech movement started due to the need for more power, more power than a regulated device at the time could deliver?

Wow this thread took off. I have a question thats kind of related to the discussion at least and I dont think it warrants a thread of its own. I was under the impression the mech movement started due to the need for more power, more power than a regulated device at the time could deliver?

Just realised the question may be seen as fishing. Im really not, just curious as to how it actually came about. The quest for more power or a purer robust vape experience are two options put forward to me. But does anyone actually know the history, E.g what was the first mech? I just realised this is a big movement (the vape thing) that Im a part of but I barely understand how and why it all came to be as it is.

Just realised the question may be seen as fishing. Im really not, just curious as to how it actually came about. The quest for more power or a purer robust vape experience are two options put forward to me. But does anyone actually know the history, E.g what was the first mech? I just realised this is a big movement (the vape thing) that Im a part of but I barely understand how and why it all came to be as it is.

maybe someone could start a thread for 'vape history'
well someone more informed about it than me.
ill do some research anyway and see what it comes up with

I would answer if I actually knew... but I've only been vaping for just over 10 months...

I see a need to read and research, I think a vape history thread would be brilliant. It may be a very valuable piece of information one day. There are books on the history of tobacco, why not vaping in the future :cool:

It was not intended as a fanboy thread at all. He asked a question in the Reo roll call thread which I thought was a very good question and I tried to answer him as best as I could.

And still not a decent explanation from anyone:mad::mad:

Joking. ;)

I've read more than I ever thought necessary about REO's, thanks to all the replies in this thread. At the moment I think I'm still enjoying the exploration part of this big wide world, but the REO still hasn't peaked my interest. Although I'm sure, like most of you say, I will end up getting one, then I too will be telling all the noobies who come on here just to get a little bit of advice about their Twisp, "just get a REO and be done with it!":)

Thanks, @Silver for initiating this thread, and to the rest of you guys for putting your :2c: in. It's massively appreciated.

Good question. From what I recall the quest was not only for more power, but for better reliability (fewer points of failure), smaller size and cheaper price. Also the power delivery from a mech is a more direct power, making for a different vape and, imho a better vape, which for me offsets the longer battery life of a regulated mod.

see what happens if you mention anything about a reo

You become an evil manipulation force who OBVIOUSLY has some vested interest else where in the vaping community and you are now trying to control the market... LOL

What a joke...

Express an opinion and it will be squashed lol ...

Forum should see the threats of bans etc i am getting in PM just for my opinion.

Again i dont care what you buy just buy VV/WW You will be happier...

Express an opinion and it will be squashed lol ...

Forum should see the threats of bans etc i am getting in PM just for my opinion.

Again i dont care what you buy just buy VV/WW You will be happier...
You were giving more than opinions son.

Its a strong opinion, but I agreed with every point every one else made!

I simply wish to squeeze my opinion in for the benefit of other users.

Sh1t got heated and out of hand sure, but my original post was simply that there is other stuff out there

Tl;dr I'm still getting a Reo, plan was after a year of cigarette free. But I decided I'll check again come month end.

I'm just going to leave this comment here from another post. So we don't lose sight of the end goal.

"As long as you are happy and off the analogues, the device does not matter at all.
Keep on vaping!
:)

I'm just going to leave this comment here from another post. So we don't lose sight of the end goal.

"As long as you are happy and off the analogues, the device does not matter at all.
Keep on vaping!
:)

I fully agree, I'll be getting a regulated mod as well. Thinking of getting the Sigelei 100w, just to check out what the hype is about, and also because it takes two batteries...

Its a strong opinion, but I agreed with every point every one else made!

I simply wish to squeeze my opinion in for the benefit of other users.

Sh1t got heated and out of hand sure, but my original post was simply that there is other stuff out there

@MarkK i think what happened here is that the question asked wasnt being answered.
your first response and opinion was acceptable as everyone has a preference. i think that your passion for your preference is what is being interpretted as anti-reo.

maybe what you should do is forget regulated mods for a few minutes and jst respond in stating what you like or dislike bout the reo so as to contribute to the aim and point of this thread .

i hope that this does not offend you. just dont want this to get more out of hand.

to be quite honest here...

Number 1 on topic, I love my little Reo mini, best buy i've ever made, for someone that haven't ever before built a coil, to get it perfect for the first time try on the Reo felt like a major accomplishment. It's easy to use, easy to clean and packs a great punch. But like all on the forum also knows me, i absolutely adore my MVP too, i feel like for me i have the best of both worlds with my MVP and Reo... Now i know there are much stronger elec mods out there that will probably outshine my MVP, but i don't care - it's mine and i love it, the same goes for my Reo, I didn't go through the whole trying different mechs and attys, purely because i didn't want to (in my books) waste a whole bunch of money on stuff that i would just have to sell down the line for way less than what i paid for it, because it was too difficult for me to come right with.... I probably did myself an injustice, but to be honest, i don't mind, cause my combo that I have works 110% for me :rock:

Now number 2 off topic... I have been hiding in the shadows a bit for the last while, purely because i feel there is a lot of nastiness going around on the forum these days... I don't like this one bit, when i joined this forum all i saw was vaping love and help being spread around and i felt blessed to be a part of it, these days I sometimes get a bit of a bad taste in my mouth reading some of the comments being slung at each other. We are a family here, please can't we just stop with this nastiness and get back to spreading the vaping love, making noobs feel welcome and helping each other out...? :hug:

to be quite honest here...

Now number 2 off topic... I have been hiding in the shadows a bit for the last while, purely because i feel there is a lot of nastiness going around on the forum these days... I don't like this one bit, when i joined this forum all i saw was vaping love and help being spread around and i felt blessed to be a part of it, these days I sometimes get a bit of a bad taste in my mouth reading some of the comments being slung at each other. We are a family here, please can't we just stop with this nastiness and get back to spreading the vaping love, making noobs feel welcome and helping each other out...? :hug:

That is exactly how I feel!! Thank you @Metal Liz

That is exactly how I feel!! Thank you @Metal Liz
If I could just add that when you go to somebody else's home - you respect their way of doing things. Same applies on forums. Aggression, testosterone, personal insults and plain old "stirring" isn't the ECF way. Opinions are always welcome but it is how you voice them that makes all the difference.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

"When the debate is lost,
slander becomes the tool
of the loser" - Socrates

But like all on the forum also knows me, i absolutely adore my MVP too, i feel like for me i have the best of both worlds with my MVP and Reo... Now i know there are much stronger elec mods out there that will probably outshine my MVP, but i don't care - it's mine and i love it

The MVP comes up so often. People seem to love them.

I prefer the cylindrical shape, not a fan of the box look... But I can see I'll end up with the bloody MVP :)

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

For a person like me who sucks at conflict, this thread was actually great to watch. Yes, at times the thread did threaten to digress into personal attacks, but every time someone brought it back to the topic at hand and all the original contributors came back to contribute. I don't know any of the guys here personally, but I thought the debate was good.

I enjoyed the debate too. The only thing I did see and thought was totally unfair was @MarkK being accused of punting or marketing when he offered someone a go on his device and then went on about the sx chip. It wasn't exactly fair at all and it would seem that things degenerated from that point. I am not really interested in continuing the negative vibe at all, just looking objectively at the thread I do not see the connection between his opinion and marketing his own goods etc and I know that I wouldve been very upset about the implication and what it would say about my integrity.
Accusations like that on a networking platform arent to be taken lightly, and conflict of interest is very tricky. We are all using a forum that is owned by a retailer at that (unless things changed since I first got here), so should I not trust any posts by forum staff whose to say they arent punting or manipulating opinion (influencing opinion is much harder to track and much more powerful). Further, one of the reasons I freaked (quietly but it happened) when I read that PMs may be getting read is cause that would in essence give the controller of the forum all the information they need to completely dominate the market. They would be able to know what stock everyone is getting, what stock everyone wants, what pricing people are paying etc etc etc and of course adjust their business plan accordingly. Yes a conspiracy theory type situation, but forums are just that powerful in emerging markets, the most viewed thread on ours is the vapes fiasco for example. So yes I open a potential can of worms but not really, ultimately I would just like to trust in the integrity of the people I interact with here and having fingers of blame pointed so casually is not necessary or conducive to building a community of trust.
I personally would like to thank MarkK and the other contributors for attempting to put across a balanced view. Im sure if you reread everything you can see where the peoples interpretation of posts etc went astray. I like the fact that we can be open about this stuff on the forum, although typing this I feel nervous that I may stomp on toes. I feel like I had to say something, for lots of people integrity is most of everything they have, and I would like to consider myself one of those people. I hope this doesnt anger anyone out there but its just food for thought I guess. This forum is a great place and I for one want to see it grow and maintain that vibe liz described. Yes its a long maybe inappropriate post. I would have started a dealing with conflict of interest thread but figured that would be viewed as hectically stirring the pot, heres hoping this post wont be viewed as that. Keep calm and vape on :h::)

Back