Will Vape Shops (including online) be able to trade from 1 May 2020

I have to wonder if BAT will reconsider taking the government to court if the decision is made to restrict sales to level 1

I doubt it. They will take a loss but the vape shops will collapse. They won't. Sure they're not making money, but it's a temporary setback which illiminates the ecig threat. Either way they're winning. So why spend money in the process.

BAT owns some vape companies like Twisp SA also they losing market share at the moment with illegal sales.

Also I am sure they will lose more money if the band holds until level 1 then they would lose to vaping in a year.

Last edited:
BAT owns some vape companies like Twisp SA also they losing market share at the moment with illegal sales.

Also I am sure they will lose more money if the band holds until level 1 then they would lose to vaping in a year.

I'm pretty sure the BAT - Twisp saga fell through. I don't think they own twisp. Sure short term they'd lose but I doubt a company that size thinks short term profits. Think of all the smokers they'd get back. Half a million or so vapers, that would be buying a pack a day for the next 5 years while the vape shops get back on track. Not to mention the ones who never manage to quit again.

AFAIK BAT was allowed to start exporting again, so that's probably why they don't GAF, they'll lose some revenue here but can carry on making cash in other markets and the government will recover some tax that way. And the other dirt grub brands are making money via the black market. I have no idea why it's become such a focal point, maybe it is a conspiracy, but I feel its probably more just in retaliation to the court cases and petition, a show of power and a middle finger to smokers because certain ministers don't like it.

Sorry Stevie but some of those comments are way out of line. By your reckoning you are condemning the old and the sick to death. The very people who worked to give you and this society the life you have today. You may be all macho but but some of us are in genuine fear of this virus and need to do what we are able to protect ourselves. Unlike you we are not invincible.

South Africa Crude Death Rate - 446 554
The results showed that the total number of deaths registered at the Department of Home Affairs and processed by Stats SA in 2017 were 446 554.

Source: http://www.statssa.gov.za/?page_id=1856&PPN=P0309.3&SCH=7914

I bet you didn't know this until your eyes scanned this post.

These are just the deaths that are registered. How many die off the books maybe add another 5 - 10%, an educated guess.

We have a number under 1000 and you feel scared. We should be scared but not of a virus. Your choice to think or not but tell me why the hospitals are empty - my source is a paramedic, a doctor and a patient relying on public healthcare.

Did you know they are running deportation exercises? Of course you didn't - the only thing you can think of is your fear of a virus while the powers that be rape your way of life.

Last edited:
They're probably going to strip all vape shops on revenue until the majority shutter doors.

The vape industry is fucked.

Can you buy smokes online? NO
Did they just announce a tax on vape that is related to tobacco? YES
Will they categorise Vape as Tobacco for revenue collection? Bet your ass

Game Over.

Yes we should all wear masks outside, not gather together and lock ourselves in our houses.

I need to go to the nearest corona testing center immediately! Pls can anyone tell me what is the CURE???

I'm so scared of this virus, what if there is a super spreader in my neighboorhood?

I honestly can't tell if this is a sarcastic troll or not, but it's landed up as a beautiful piece of contemporary art, it's like a collage of random facebook posts, whatsapp messages and tweets. I'm going to name it, "People should die based on what I think I know is better".
oprah snowflake.jpg

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be negative and I'm not trolling, and this may be a unfair woah is me vent but there were reports that out of those who passed away from covid were men who smoke cigarettes but we allowing the sale cigerrates.... I don't understand how is that essential..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
captn ob.jpg

Did you know that smokers also die from other causes, in fact, this is crazy but stay with me here. Smokers have been dying at rates larger than nonsmokers for years!!!

AFAIK BAT was allowed to start exporting again, so that's probably why they don't GAF, they'll lose some revenue here but can carry on making cash in other markets and the government will recover some tax that way. And the other dirt grub brands are making money via the black market. I have no idea why it's become such a focal point, maybe it is a conspiracy, but I feel its probably more just in retaliation to the court cases and petition, a show of power and a middle finger to smokers because certain ministers don't like it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some tax arrangement offered if they would export only and drop the legal action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imagine what this ban will do the vape shops... a lot of them will definitely close down

sad times....
petitions wont help..
if their logic was that because people zol saliva will get shared for the ban i don't see any logical reasoning for them to remove the ban

they are happy to have the black market run things instead of receiving actual tax on items sold legally
just wondering , how many of us were smokers but never Zolled ? I never did ...but you light the zol , won't heat will kill the virus in the saliva ...

just wondering , how many of us were smokers but never Zolled ? I never did ...but you light the zol , won't heat will kill the virus in the saliva ...
Their reasoning is that we won't be able to interact, shouldn't interact by touching common objects.

Great way for us to be become scared of one another. Divide and conquer baby!

What did they say about weak men and bad times... That they create them. Sadly I am finding this out to be true.

OOh now the conspiracy theories on Vape shops. When sales are open again, vape shops are going to make a killing
But restaurants are also closed? Do you think when they allowed to open that people will have money to storm and pack them full? Will people be to scared to go and sit down and eat close to many others? There is way more restaurant and people working in the restaurant industry than vape shops, far bigger problem.

Thats to name one industry, hairdressers? construction? nursery schools? etc etc?

South Africa Crude Death Rate - 446 554
The results showed that the total number of deaths registered at the Department of Home Affairs and processed by Stats SA in 2017 were 446 554.

Source: http://www.statssa.gov.za/?page_id=1856&PPN=P0309.3&SCH=7914

I bet you didn't know this until your eyes scanned this post.

These are just the deaths that are registered. How many die off the books maybe add another 5 - 10%, an educated guess.

We have a number under 1000 and you feel scared. We should be scared but not of a virus. Your choice to think or not but tell me why the hospitals are empty - my source is a paramedic, a doctor and a patient relying on public healthcare.

Did you know they are running deportation exercises? Of course you didn't - the only thing you can think of is your fear of a virus while the powers that be rape your way of life.

Egocentric much.

OOh now the conspiracy theories on Vape shops. When sales are open again, vape shops are going to make a killing
But restaurants are also closed? Do you think when they allowed to open that people will have money to storm and pack them full? Will people be to scared to go and sit down and eat close to many others? There is way more restaurant and people working in the restaurant industry than vape shops, far bigger problem.

Thats to name one industry, hairdressers? construction? nursery schools? etc etc?

Your point is very valid. But being a forum about vaping the vaping industry would be focused on.

If you go to a hairdressing forum and mention vape shops there all the Betty's will most likely rip you a new one.

Way I see it is that vaping will continue but that it will evolve. If any industry is dynamic, the vaping industry certainly is and enjoys considerable support from country's like the UK as a smoking cessation tool. An estimated 50 million users worldwide is too big a market to ignore. If it goes underground, so be it but I honestly cannot see that lasting long. I see stricter regulations and tax implications but I cannot see the industry as a whole folding.
My gut rolls over for the honest hardworking entrepreneurs that have sunk their lives into the industry and that stand to lose their houses and shirts, attacked by misinformed and egocentric bigots that have zero idea of the vaping industry

Your point is very valid. But being a forum about vaping the vaping industry would be focused on.

If you go to a hairdressing forum and mention vape shops there all the Betty's will most likely rip you a new one.
Yes but even if you on Ziki's papegaaislaai forum you have to be a bit realistic. Vape shops is insignificant in the SA economy. Most is run from home or premises at the cheapest little out of town locations. Not what you can really call the pinnacle of entrepreneurship. Yes we have places that really worked hard like Vapeking and they will survive, the fly by night(see a gap) may not, but who cares the next fly by night will take their place.

So just as easy it was for vape shops to pop up left right and center, just as easy it will be when everything is open again. Many much bigger and important industries will not survive.

Yes but even if you on Ziki's papegaaislaai forum you have to be a bit realistic. Vape shops is insignificant in the SA economy. Most is run from home or premises at the cheapest little out of town locations. Not what you can really call the pinnacle of entrepreneurship. Yes we have places that really worked hard like Vapeking and they will survive, the fly by night(see a gap) may not, but who cares the next fly by night will take their place.

So just as easy it was for vape shops to pop up left right and center, just as easy it will be when everything is open again. Many much bigger and important industries will not survive.
Unless more than 90% of the shops shut down thanks to the extended ban then new regulations are pushed to make it impossible for them to reopen and stay viable. No one will come and cry about regulations that would make people lose their jobs since they don’t have any in the first place. Just adding 2 cents worth of oil!

The $1 000 000 question should be when is enough .... enough?
When will the industry fight back? When will Joe soap decide to start selling and if anything comes off it pay said fine and carry on?
Who will police vape juice in a parcel? Who will have the capacity to test the nicotine content? We have gotten to a point of putting time and effort into creating 25mg CBD juice, how that could that time and effort been applied to save the industry?
How will anyone know the difference between a bottle of food flavoring and a Vape juice? Should we not have had the effort put into bottles or labeling? I supported the effort and mission of the initial lock-down phase, however it is ridiculous now and only the ones whom adapt and innovate will survive.

The sad reality is that it is very easy to acquire cigarettes, Nullifying the Vape effort/achievements of the last 7 years.

The $1 000 000 question should be when is enough .... enough?
When will the industry fight back? When will Joe soap decide to start selling and if anything comes off it pay said fine and carry on?
Who will police vape juice in a parcel? Who will have the capacity to test the nicotine content? We have gotten to a point of putting time and effort into creating 25mg CBD juice, how that could that time and effort been applied to save the industry?
How will anyone know the difference between a bottle of food flavoring and a Vape juice? Should we not have had the effort put into bottles or labeling? I supported the effort and mission of the initial lock-down phase, however it is ridiculous now and only the ones whom adapt and innovate will survive.

The sad reality is that it is very easy to acquire cigarettes, Nullifying the Vape effort/achievements of the last 7 years.

If there is a shop willing to take the risk, I am willing to take the risk as well and support them. But we need a vendor to be willing to take the risk. Then the problem is, the rest of them need to be willing to either let those vendors take the risk and serve the community while they don't make any money, or the need to get onboard themselves. You'll probably find that one vendor might not be willing to take the chance and don't want others to make money while they lose out, so they'll end up reporting the vendors that do trade.

Back