Will Vape Shops (including online) be able to trade from 1 May 2020

Well I'm not wearing a mask and I'll not shop at shops that enforce it.

What is your thinking behind this ? If the virus is spread by droplets and everyone wears a mask, surely that would reduce the spread. I am interested in why you are opposed.

What is your thinking behind this ? If the virus is spread by droplets and everyone wears a mask, surely that would reduce the spread. I am interested in why you are opposed.

One could make the argument that the donning and doffing of the mask would result in more face touching which could lead to infection if you are touching things that are corona contaminated but i would assume that’s almost negligible if your hands are sanitised every time you go into a store etc and you don’t touch things unnecessarily. I still wouldn’t recommend not wearing a mask regardless.

Hi guys,

Are there any updates if Vape Shops are allowed to operate during lockdown level 4 again?

Heard some mixed messages...

All vape shop's are still waiting for confirmation. Vaperite said they will open IF the government keeps to the tabacco clause. But they are now relooking at the whole tabacco sales clause. So we will have to wait until the final decision.

All vape shop's are still waiting for confirmation. Vaperite said they will open IF the government keeps to the tabacco clause. But they are now relooking at the whole tabacco sales clause. So we will have to wait until the final decision.

I haven’t been able to find anything about them relooking the clause but I’ve seen people talking about it everywhere, any idea where I can look to keep up to date? Let’s hope the original decision stands even if it’s for no other reason than to generate income for the country.

I haven’t been able to find anything about them relooking the clause but I’ve seen people talking about it everywhere, any idea where I can look to keep up to date? Let’s hope the original decision stands even if it’s for no other reason than to generate income for the country.
Got this from Kurt Vaping Saved My Life and from the owner of Vape Cartel.

Got this from Kurt Vaping Saved My Life and from the owner of Vape Cartel.

Thank you! FITA was quick to jump on vape kits being sold under lockdown as “tobacco products” are not allowed to be sold so I can’t see any reasonable argument as to why they shouldn’t be allowed to be sold if cigarettes are made available. But money talks and logic is rarely the first resort so we will have to see what happens.

Thank you! FITA was quick to jump on vape kits being sold under lockdown as “tobacco products” are not allowed to be sold so I can’t see any reasonable argument as to why they shouldn’t be allowed to be sold if cigarettes are made available. But money talks and logic is rarely the first resort so we will have to see what happens.
Just bare in mind that governments all over the world is gaining alot from tobacco companies
Tobacco companies give a certain amount of money back to governments and thats also why some states ban vaping because the governments don't benefit from vaping

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Just bare in mind that governments all over the world is gaining alot from tobacco companies
Tobacco companies give a certain amount of money back to governments and thats also why some states ban vaping because the governments don't benefit from vaping

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

My point exactly when stating that money talks as FITA will most likely argue that because we do not contribute towards sin tax we should not be allowed to purchase/sell vaping products but are the first to complain about the products being sold under lockdown because they aren’t allowed to sell tobacco yet we are allowed to sell our version of “tobacco” .Its a he who has the money is he who has the power situation to some extent. We are somewhat between a rock and a hard place right now in my eyes as being considered a tobacco product under lockdown in order to sell under level 4 restrictions might mean we keep that classification when it comes to changes in regulation of tobacco products in the future but on the same note we wouldn’t want to be taxed in the same manner as tobacco products because of the harm reduction associated with vaping , the fact that the majority of the businesses in the industry are too small to carry the weight of an extra bloated tax implementation and the sheer lack of tobacco in vaping.

Herd immunity. Old and sick die, old and healthy live.

Assorted spread of people from young to middle aged die but mostly due to co-morbidity.

Wasn't it Darwin that had a saying about this, the same Darwin that was a Eugenicist and had to change a title on 1 book from "the favoured races" to something less racist.

You asked me what my thinking is and what I'm about to say right here is it in a nutshell. "Lockdown will seize exponentially more lives than COVID-19" and you (generally, not you specifically) are so quick to take the moral high ground over wearing a mask.

Instead of fawning the president (again, like majority of Facebook not you specifically) question how very quickly you were shoved into your home with arrest being the consequence of leaving.

Viva ANC! Viva ANC! said the softly licking white tongues.

What we going to do when the next plague comes out of China lockdown again?!

The last 40yrs all the plagues have come from China before swine flu was popular. Dirty country with a dirty government gets a dirty plague and intentionally hides it.

Your moral viewpoint is separate to the greater damage that you're tacitly allowing by being persuaded an invisible goo is going to kill you and the only rational response is global lockdown.

Haha imagine if ww3 kicked off or marauding starving zombies from the townships come to get relief once the lockdown is lifted.

The world world has gotten a lot more dangerous and some would say the dollar is down but a war with China would prop it up for oh let's say another 50 to 100 years.

Why bother wearing a mask if we need herd immunity.

If you're first in line for the vaccine I hope you know the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation are petitioning and will pass a law through the pharmacy courts that will indemnify them for reparations from people their vaccine injured.

On the other hand I'll probably just get a mask so I can go to the shops and not starve.

YMMV
Tldr: Tinfoil chronicles titled COGNITIVE DISSONANCE (can't see the forest for the trees)

Assorted spread of people from young to middle aged die but mostly due to co-morbidity.

Wasn't it Darwin that had a saying about this, the same Darwin that was a Eugenicist and had to change a title on 1 book from "the favoured races" to something less racist.

You asked me what my thinking is and what I'm about to say right here is it in a nutshell. "Lockdown will seize exponentially more lives than COVID-19" and you (generally, not you specifically) are so quick to take the moral high ground over wearing a mask.

Instead of fawning the president (again, like majority of Facebook not you specifically) question how very quickly you were shoved into your home with arrest being the consequence of leaving.

The last 40yrs all the plagues have come from China before swine flu was popular. Dirty country with a dirty government gets a dirty plague and intentionally hides it.

Your moral viewpoint is separate to the greater damage that you're tacitly allowing by being persuaded an invisible goo is going to kill you and the only rational response is global lockdown.

Haha imagine if ww3 kicked off or marauding starving zombies from the townships come to get relief once the lockdown is lifted.

The world world has gotten a lot more dangerous and some would say the dollar is down but a war with China would prop it up for oh let's say another 50 to 100 years.

If you're first in line for the vaccine I hope you know the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation are petitioning and will pass a law through the pharmacy courts that will indemnify them for reparations from people their vaccine injured.

On the other hand I'll probably just get a mask so I can go to the shops and not starve.

YMMV
Tldr: Tinfoil chronicles titled COGNITIVE DISSONANCE (can't see the forest for the trees)

Have any proper proof of the allegation towards the Gates foundation?
I agree in part about herd immunity in general, but there have been some reports that our immune cycles to this virus are very short. This means that we will never really have herd immunity, regardless of the level of exposure.
I think the lockdown was good in terms of avoiding a collapse of our already dodgy healthcare system, but a lot of knee jerk reactions focused to much state control on the wrong areas. There is no reason that online trade of both essential and non-essential goods could not have continued to keep the economy ticking.

I generally don’t engage with posts like yours, as the fact that you needed to slip the race issue into your Darwin reference already tells me enough about how you approach any political debate and how open to alternate viewpoints you are.

I am sure there are many conspiracy theorist forums that will happily have a banter with you about your views, otherwise wait for your chance to share them around your next braai fire.

These are all just my opinions, but I think that no course of action taken by government would have pleased everyone. I think the over-reach into our rights and freedoms will do more damage than was necessary, but I don’t like the 1970’s “Swart Gevaar” tone that flows through your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Stevie but some of those comments are way out of line. By your reckoning you are condemning the old and the sick to death. The very people who worked to give you and this society the life you have today. You may be all macho but but some of us are in genuine fear of this virus and need to do what we are able to protect ourselves. Unlike you we are not invincible.

The vape shops I talked too say it doesn't look too positive that they will be able to trade online. They are still waiting to hear if they can can ship products. I am not sure why vaperite can sell online. I did find out that the local garage will stock twisp stuff again so I guess that is what I will have to settle for and see if the online orders do indeed open up.

I also have 4k worth of stuff sitting at a vape store.

I really hope that they will be able to trade online at least. Especially knowing how hard this time is on all of our small businesses.
I just can't wait to support the vape shops again. Have a BIG shopping list waiting for action.

Got the following message from Sir Vape:
"Currently to the best of our knowledge online retail will only commence once we are in stage 3 of the lockdown. Currently we are only allowed to ship and send out items from our essential items tab on the website

If you haven't already please enter your email address right at bottom of sir vape webpage to subscribe to our newsletter. we will send a mail immediately as soon as we can sell again."

Doesn't seem like they will be shipping anything until stage 3. Eager to place an order, however, can't let R4k just sit in the air.

"Currently to the best of our knowledge online retail will only commence once we are in stage 3 of the lockdown. Currently we are only allowed to ship and send out items from our essential items tab on the website

If you haven't already please enter your email address right at bottom of sir vape webpage to subscribe to our newsletter. we will send a mail immediately as soon as we can sell again."

Doesn't seem like they will be shipping anything until stage 3. Eager to place an order, however, can't let R4k just sit in the air.
It seems on May 1st there are going to be winners and losers.

and KZN Premier mentioned that KZN might remain on level 5 come 1 May due to the new daily cases being high.

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be negative and I'm not trolling, and this may be a unfair woah is me vent but there were reports that out of those who passed away from covid were men who smoke cigarettes but we allowing the sale cigerrates.... I don't understand how is that essential..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be negative and I'm not trolling, and this may be a unfair woah is me vent but there were reports that out of those who passed away from covid were men who smoke cigarettes but we allowing the sale cigerrates.... I don't understand how is that essential..

There is also information/stats that suggest smokers were protected, so much so they are now giving nicotine patches to health care workers in controlled studies, banning smoking and vaping was bizarre to me as a whole, smokers whose lungs are wrecked are not going to be safe from 5 weeks of not smoking. I'm guessing the cigarette thing was a knee jerk response to people who buy loose and share smokes as well as the idea that smoke/vape may allow the aerosol further spread. There are a lot of irrational bans that have occurred amongst some of the really good action taken. I think there was mix of panic from officials and a lack of foresight.

YMMV

I honestly can't tell if this is a sarcastic troll or not, but it's landed up as a beautiful piece of contemporary art, it's like a collage of random facebook posts, whatsapp messages and tweets. I'm going to name it, "People should die based on what I think I know is better".

YMMV
I don't know dude, H1 or Ebola didn't come from China... But as conservative groups say "this is what happens when humans start expanding in to wildlife" but shitting on China isn't going to solve the problem cause chances are it could've come from Africa,

Back