Dee I WHY ? with MrDeedz

The individual flavour companies often have colourful bottles. But importing them as is in 10ml bottles would double the price. Buying in bulk from the manufacturer, then rebottling here with plain labels in HDPE droppers is why local vendors can charge R20-25. Molinberry, for example, don't allow rebottling. But that's why their flavours are R45-60 each.

Personally I add the concentrates first, then nic, then PG, and lastly VG.

I wanted to mix Kiwana U Wana Custard too but have 1st rule on the FA Armenia (Apricot)
I had endless nites of no sleep, because I didnt have 1 concentrate per recipe LOL , ah well BLK VAPOR is willing to meet me after hours today, just for 1 Concentrate, Much respect for that! SO tomorrow i start. Will ask for some tips on how to use recipe sites using your current Flavor stash in the week,

damn finishing my 1st recipe and about to top up the VG and the scale f%&&$&$&$s! out LOL overload error, So i judged the last 6 mls of VG, hope it doesnt mess up the recipe.

damn finishing my 1st recipe and about to top up the VG and the scale f%&&$&$&$s! out LOL overload error, So i judged the last 6 mls of VG, hope it doesnt mess up the recipe.
Some people are extremely pedantic about measuring to the very last drop. To be fair to the recipe maker, you should be like that if you are going to criticize the recipe.

I'm usually pretty careful with everything else, then just top up the VG till the bottle is full. I'm not that demanding of my own mixing attempts, so it works for me.

Im an analyst by trade so OCD with alotta things in life especially any flaws or mistakes. so if i dont do something right to the "T" it bothers me for days LOL

Im an analyst by trade so OCD with alotta things in life especially any flaws or mistakes. so if i dont do something right to the "T" it bothers me for days LOL
I'm a dev by trade, so I've had to learn to balance getting it perfect with getting it to market sooner (usually because of unrealistic demands and promises by analysts :p:cool:)

:flamethrower2::jump:

I'm a dev by trade, so I've had to learn to balance getting it perfect with getting it to market sooner (usually because of unrealistic demands and promises by analysts :p:cool:)

:flamethrower2::jump:

Story of my life, Sales team selling clients an "idea" and coming to me to build a solution LOL.
Anyways i mixed my 1st 2 recipes then got carried away and made my own custard adapted from something similar i found, removed the Oak and added rich cinnamon another custard and Holy vanilla. I let you know in 3 weeks on it.
I bring you :
Mr Deedz Holy Nilla Custard V1

Mr Deedz Holy Nilla Custard V1.JPG

Story of my life, Sales team selling clients an "idea" and coming to me to build a solution LOL.
Anyways i mixed my 1st 2 recipes then got carried away and made my own custard adapted from something similar i found, removed the Oak and added rich cinnamon another custard and Holy vanilla. I let you know in 3 weeks on it.
I bring you :

View attachment 128054
Curious to know how it turns out. I have mixes that are still standing in my cupboard after two months.
I'm afraid of throwing them out because they can surely be used in chemical warfare. :confused:. Don't want it in the wrong hands. :)

You mixed Rich Cinnamon at 0.75%? :eek: OK, I will start the PowerPoint presentation with a few introductory slides illustrating the natural beauty of Gauteng. But I will then hand the laser pointer to my colleague Rudi, who will talk us through some of the finer engineering points about Flv Rich Cinnamon, and how he spilled a bottle of it into Hartebeespoort Dam one night and awoke the next morning to find all the water hyacinth gone.

Seriously, though, one or two drops per 30ml is usually more than enough. But 0.75% can work too. Hopefully. ;)

Some people are extremely pedantic about measuring to the very last drop. To be fair to the recipe maker, you should be like that if you are going to criticize the recipe.

I'm usually pretty careful with everything else, then just top up the VG till the bottle is full. I'm not that demanding of my own mixing attempts, so it works for me.

What I did. I measured out bottles with 30ml/50ml/100ml water and made a mark at where the level lie. Then I just top up the vg in my mixing level to where I can judge more or less its at the same level. At worst you might be a few percentages out but not enough to even notice.

View attachment 128054

Yip, as mentioned by @RichJB, the FLV Rich Cinnamon is the undisputed King of Cinnamons BUT must be used at very low %'s. A drop too much will kill an entire mix. I now use it at max 1 drop per 30ml... 0.75% I'm afraid is not going to be pleasant... You could try and save the mix by dilution but I would toss it. One more point, this stuff does not fade - ever...

Give it a go and let us know...

These are the 3 recipes which tickled my fancies, i will be attempting all 3 at once.

KIWANA U WANA CUSTARD!!! https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/61936
Cinapple Fritter [DIYorDIE: returnity] http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/248629/Cinapple Fritter [DIYorDIE: returnity]
Cinnamon Blueberry Waffle http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/491128/Cinnamon Blueberry Waffle

OK, my 10c having mixed 2 of these...

Kiwana U Wana Custard - this is a phenomenal recipe and I make it regularly. It made my top 3 for my Best diy recipe of 2017
Cinapple Fritter - A good remix of Wayne's original - solid recipe but a bit over flavoured for my liking (more commercial like)
Cinnamon Blueberry Waffle - STAY AWAY from this one. This, by just reading the ingredients, will taste horendous. Belgian Waffle at 8% is insane - the average usage for this on ATF is 2.8% and even then, it is potent. This gives a "burnt" taste over 6% and usually has a chemical taste for the first 2-3 weeks.

I would recommend using the Waffle base from Folkart in this recipe (waffle at 1%) and adapt using the Blueberry trinity =
1% FA Bilberry
2% FW Blueberry
3% TPA Blueberry (extra)

As a side note - try and stay clear from ELR recipes - they are generally untested, over flavoured and mostly crap...

Good luck!!!

You mixed Rich Cinnamon at 0.75%? :eek: OK, I will start the PowerPoint presentation with a few introductory slides illustrating the natural beauty of Gauteng. But I will then hand the laser pointer to my colleague Rudi, who will talk us through some of the finer engineering points about Flv Rich Cinnamon, and how he spilled a bottle of it into Hartebeespoort Dam one night and awoke the next morning to find all the water hyacinth gone.

Seriously, though, one or two drops per 30ml is usually more than enough. But 0.75% can work too. Hopefully. ;)
damn it was R75 a 10ml so i assumed its GOOD LOL, ah well luckily i only made a 30ML and was bored n adventurous
OK, my 10c having mixed 2 of these...

Kiwana U Wana Custard - this is a phenomenal recipe and I make it regularly. It made my top 3 for my Best diy recipe of 2017
Cinapple Fritter - A good remix of Wayne's original - solid recipe but a bit over flavoured for my liking (more commercial like)
Cinnamon Blueberry Waffle - STAY AWAY from this one. This, by just reading the ingredients, will taste horendous. Belgian Waffle at 8% is insane - the average usage for this on ATF is 2.8% and even then, it is potent. This gives a "burnt" taste over 6% and usually has a chemical taste for the first 2-3 weeks.

I would recommend using the Waffle base from Folkart in this recipe (waffle at 1%) and adapt using the Blueberry trinity =
1% FA Bilberry
2% FW Blueberry
3% TPA Blueberry (extra)

As a side note - try and stay clear from ELR recipes - they are generally untested, over flavoured and mostly crap...

Good luck!!!
Thanks @Rude Rudi and @Andre , was hoping you would join my personal novice DIY Thread.
I already made the Belgian waffle yesterday eish, 100MLs, ill let you in 21 days if its drain fluid.really hoping the Kiwana comes out well,
Today im mixing cinapple fritter.

So what site/s you guys suggest thats not very complex and user friendly, Where I can create a flavour stash and search recipes using my stash?

What I did. I measured out bottles with 30ml/50ml/100ml water and made a mark at where the level lie. Then I just top up the vg in my mixing level to where I can judge more or less its at the same level. At worst you might be a few percentages out but not enough to even notice.
Thanks the thing I love about DIY, figuring out your own
So what site/s you guys suggest thats not very complex and user friendly, Where I can create a flavour stash and search recipes using my stash?
https://alltheflavors.com

edit:
I prefer ATF because they have a single source of flavours, so you don't find a dozen variations of the same concentrate. This makes listing your stash easier and finding recipes easier because they all use the same instance of that concentrate.

Im selling nukes lol

Boet when I visited you home you had this App on your PC, It had a grey background. what app is that and does anyone know what app is used in the recipe below?
View attachment 128155
Its Called "JuiceCalculator" and this is what I prefer. Its keeps stock, has 'grocery' list and a bunch of other stuff I use.
DOWNLOAD HERE

damn it was R75 a 10ml so i assumed its GOOD LOL, ah well luckily i only made a 30ML and was bored n adventurous

It is more than good, it is probably the best cinnamon of all. But it is ridiculously mega-potent. It is one of those concentrates, like FA Honey and the now discontinued Inw Waffle, that are best used in 10% dilutions of 1ml concentrate and 9ml PG.

SO i need to mix another 2 to 3 juices next week so in 3 weeks time I will have more DIy juice to sample, A bit frustrated that with all the Concentrates i I have I am struggling to find decent flavorful recipes, So who would be willing to view my current stash and suggest some recipes they might have or know of ? :nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd:

On a another thread posted by Richb i found some insight, i will try and stock up on these "common ones to have"

ddd.JPG

Back