Hadaly RDA - Building

Found a great alternative to the stock tip on the Hadaly

c392472f3efbcc4d339e1e1ed4863238.jpg

It's that extremely comfortable drip tip from the Merlin Mini.

Doesn't get so hot. Taller. It's a bit bigger and wider. A lot more comfortable.

Side note - My gosh it's a great tip. Wish I had a few of them!! Used this also on my OL16 for a while and it was great.

I use the same tip on my hadaly as well and found the airflow to be a lot more smoother than the std drip tip

Just confirming @KZOR 's diagram he posted above.

4bfb9b0749c638129dbe7de641300087.jpg

The air slots are indeed angled inwards. That's 28g wire going through the Hadaly and they crisscross in the middle.

@Silver , if I could interfere, I think this is what you are looking for

Try ni80 26 parallel, 3mm id, 6 wraps

Have been using the Hadaly daily since feb 2017 and always come back to this build

Best regards

Hi @Silver try using the short end of an ‘L’ shaped allen key to push your coil down further. If you have an allen key that is the same diameter as the ID of the coil, even better.

That was genius @Pixstar
Will need to look if I have one
Thanks!

@Silver , if I could interfere, I think this is what you are looking for

Try ni80 26 parallel, 3mm id, 6 wraps

Have been using the Hadaly daily since feb 2017 and always come back to this build

Best regards

Thanks @Scissorhands
Into the Hadaly 'to do' list this will go
Much appreciated for that bit of advice

Just to add @Silver.
My coil of choice that I use in most atties is 2x28awg claptoned with 38 or 40 awg.
All ni80.
Some atties I need more heat and have different builds etc but my plain wire or what used to be my 26 awg ni80 coils have all been replaced with 2x28 awg claptons.

I have a coil in mind for the hadaly but the basis has been covered nicely by @KZOR and I gather you don't like the hotter vapes too much.
I would go for a 3x28 awg and 40 Clapton to get the middle ground of heat for the size of the chamber but that's just me.
I sold my hadaly the day I got good flavour out of it unfortunately!

Right

Next coil

26g NI80. 2.4mm ID. 10 wraps (visible from top). Settled at 0.8 ohms.

Vaping at 18-20 Watts

8f48ccb8024f3df13fe815621e5d6482.jpg

Wowee. This is good. I think I will perch on this coil for a while.

• There's more heat but the drip tip doesn't get too hot. It's a warmish vape (for me) but not hot at all. Temp seems perfect.
  • Crispness is down a bit compared to the thinner 28g Kanthal which is to be expected but it's still crisp and lovely. Way way crisper than the original alien.
  • With a bit more power and more surface area there's more vapour so it's denser and richer. Less "hollow" than the 28g coil. Glad to report it's still a pure taste. Clean. I like that.
  • Ramp up is very good. NI80 26g is decent when it comes to that. No waiting.
  • Menthol is much higher. Music to my ears. :D It's nice and burny on the throat and I can still do longer draws.

This is a great coil for me on the Hadaly. Simple and effective. I like it a lot.

Oh, nearly forgot to mention. Initially I wicked it a bit loose and it wasn't good at all. Was popping and not smooth. Then I wicked it tighter. Voila. Perfect. So keep it tight.

Am loving the Hadaly. It is most certainly a flavour machine of note. Am going to enjoy using this for DIY testing and would love to use it for some juice reviews too.

Another point - other than lowering the coil, installing coils in this atty is so so easy! You just loosen the screw a little bit and slide the wire under the 'plate'. The coil legs fit perfectly and just slide into place. It's so cool. As if it was made for easy coil installation. Winner winner.

Ooh, im a happy chappy now :):):)

PS - special word of congrats to @SEAN P and @KieranD for the special juice i am using in this Hadaly coil exploration exercise. LIT SideChick - what a great fruity menthol vape. It tastes absolutely amazing in this Hadaly setup! Ok, ive nicced it up a bit and added more menthol - but thats my usual ;-) if you like fruity menthol vapes, give this one a try. Great one @SEAN P !

Last edited:
Great video, I’m going to do this! Thanks @joeman187.

Question for anyone who can answer:

Just for safety purposes (I saw it caught fire a little bit in the video) can I pull the cotton out first, and then dry burn the coils instead of dry burning while the cotton is still in the coil?

Hey there, Kaos here (Dude from video) The cotton catching fire was me just firing it way longer than i should. LOL Usually i take the cotton out first, drop the wattage to pulsing wattage (whatever that may be for your coils) Usually between 30-50w.
single coils and thinner gauge wire would be less than that, between 15-30w. Depending on how big the coil is

Just to add @Silver.
My coil of choice that I use in most atties is 2x28awg claptoned with 38 or 40 awg.
All ni80.
Some atties I need more heat and have different builds etc but my plain wire or what used to be my 26 awg ni80 coils have all been replaced with 2x28 awg claptons.

I have a coil in mind for the hadaly but the basis has been covered nicely by @KZOR and I gather you don't like the hotter vapes too much.
I would go for a 3x28 awg and 40 Clapton to get the middle ground of heat for the size of the chamber but that's just me.
I sold my hadaly the day I got good flavour out of it unfortunately!

Thanks for the feedback @Christos
My only problem is that im not there yet ;-)
I can make simple coils quite well but not fused claptons.

Maybe one day we can set up my hadaly with one of these coils and i can do a flavour comparison for me.
Only problem with this coil testing is that one needs more than one atty!! For side by side comparisons!

Hey there, Kaos here (Dude from video) The cotton catching fire was me just firing it way longer than i should. LOL Usually i take the cotton out first, drop the wattage to pulsing wattage (whatever that may be for your coils) Usually between 30-50w.
single coils and thinner gauge wire would be less than that, between 15-30w. Depending on how big the coil is

Howzit @Kaos ;-)
Good to see you here

Howzit @Kaos ;-)
Good to see you here
Hey hey MR Silver!!! Thanks for the welcome, I know I've been meaning to get more active on here for a VERY long time! I'm making it a priority to start engaging more on the forums. lol

Hey hey MR Silver!!! Thanks for the welcome, I know I've been meaning to get more active on here for a VERY long time! I'm making it a priority to start engaging more on the forums. lol

Great to hear!
We have such a great team of vaping enthusiasts here!

Good morning fellow hadaly owners.

I started runnig into problems with my hadaly this morning. Well not really a problem but my OCD is killing me.

The tip seems to fit very tight and might have damaged orings as in the picture it sits skew and not flush.
image.jpg
Then secondly it seems as if i am having leakage on the cap orings, the picture will show it beter than me trying to explain.
16A6517E-EB3E-4874-B7C2-D3BF7647133F.jpeg

So my 2 areas i need help with i think is the oring sizes on the tip and cap and maybe where i can get.
Ps i am located in krugersdorp and can travel in gauteng if needs be.

All help will be welcomed.

The tips are a very tight fit. The best way to get it to fit flush is to make sure it's lubricated (which I assume you're doing already) then pushing down hard in a twisting motion as though you're screwing it in. That generally works for me.

The cap and base fit with tight tolerances but a very small gap between them. This gap is sufficient to allow condensation from the cap you seep into this gap. This results in juice squeezing out when the cap is replaced, unless both cap and base have been thoroughly dried before refitting.

Hope this helps allay your OCD a little

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looks like I’ll be joining the hadaly club very soon. I managed to snag a hadaly off someone here in the U.K. they had 2 and the one they weren’t using offered it to me.
Missed the delivery today of it but will go tomo to post office to collect.

I know it’s easy to over squonk it but really wanted to add it to my collection. I have the awesome entheon with the hadeon caps so will sit next to it.

Been reading through the thread so will be trying a few builds in it.

Looks like I’ll be joining the hadaly club very soon. I managed to snag a hadaly off someone here in the U.K. they had 2 and the one they weren’t using offered it to me.
Missed the delivery today of it but will go tomo to post office to collect.

I know it’s easy to over squonk it but really wanted to add it to my collection. I have the awesome entheon with the hadeon caps so will sit next to it.

Been reading through the thread so will be trying a few builds in it.

Enjoy the Hadaly @Yas786
Let us know how it goes and what build you try first

Enjoy the Hadaly @Yas786
Let us know how it goes and what build you try first

Will do Silver, I’ve got a stainless steel alien coil that’s itching to be used in the hadaly, ohms out to .20 and I have one in my entheon. Flavour is superb on it.
Might also try an ni80 flapton coil in it as well.

There is your first problem. The Hadaly was brought into this world with one solemate as part if his destiny and that solemate goes by the name "Framed Staple". When a person uses the Hadaly and gives the opinion " very,very good" then we have a problem. Words like amazing, fantastic, brilliant and so forth should be uttered when the Hadaly is treated, caressed and dressed in the correct manner. :)

Jokes aside ...... i will try a simple 24ga build only if you try a framed staple. :)
And this is the reason I have been practicing coil builds 14 hours a day for the last 5 days...need to actually build an alien correctly so I can move on to the Staggered. I love my Hadaly, currently running with an Alien I managed to build, and the flavour is fantastic, can't wait to get a Staggered in there!! Thanks to this Thread I just got more motivation...To the coiling room! HiHo @Silver away!! (Couldn't help myself)

And this is the reason I have been practicing coil builds 14 hours a day for the last 5 days...need to actually build an alien correctly so I can move on to the Staggered. I love my Hadaly, currently running with an Alien I managed to build, and the flavour is fantastic, can't wait to get a Staggered in there!! Thanks to this Thread I just got more motivation...To the coiling room! HiHo @Silver away!! (Couldn't help myself)

Thats the spirit @Steyn777
14 hrs a day for 5 days - my word - thats a heck of a lot of coil building!

Well I’ve finally joined the hadaly club officially today, went to the post office to collect it. In absolute perfect condition but gave it a really good clean with some soap as it has been used a few times and there was a few specks of dried up juice near the post holes. So all cleaned up and ready to go. Will try a few builds out on it.

A few things I’d like to ask, the drip tip isn’t that great so will have to try and source a few more. I’m going to see if any of the entheon drip tips fit.
Also is it just mine or is it a very tight fight to get the cap onto the base?? Might need to lubricate it with some ejuice as it’s quite hard to push down onto the base.

Anywho here’s some obligatory pics.
BCA0B8D6-1240-4385-8D26-9D2EDD89D99F.jpeg FFB67CC5-3616-4E62-83BA-458D796A00ED.jpeg

nice @Yas786

Yeah, the driptip is not the best. I am using the driptip from the Merlin Mini - one of the most comfy tips I've used.

Mine is also tight so I lubed it up with PG/VG and it was a bit better. But still quite tight. Actually, mine doesn't always go all the way down to the bottom, like a fraction of a mm remaining, but no point forcing it because it doesnt matter. Just makes my OCD flare up a bit...

Back