Hadaly RDA - Building

nice @Yas786

Yeah, the driptip is not the best. I am using the driptip from the Merlin Mini - one of the most comfy tips I've used.

Mine is also tight so I lubed it up with PG/VG and it was a bit better. But still quite tight. Actually, mine doesn't always go all the way down to the bottom, like a fraction of a mm remaining, but no point forcing it because it doesnt matter. Just makes my OCD flare up a bit...

Haha like me silver, I’ve lubed it up and it now goes on like a dream. Like yours there is about half a mill gap even if I push down hard on it.

But at the moment got a .17ohm ni80 flapton build in it and dear god it’s better than the entheon with the hadeon cap on it lol.

Managed to over squonk it as well :/ but been vaping on it for the past hour and I’m slowly getting used to squonking on it.

For me like the entheon, it’s a winner winner chicken dinner:inlove::campeon2:

Haha like me silver, I’ve lubed it up and it now goes on like a dream. Like yours there is about half a mill gap even if I push down hard on it.

But at the moment got a .17ohm ni80 flapton build in it and dear god it’s better than the entheon with the hadeon cap on it lol.

Managed to over squonk it as well :/ but been vaping on it for the past hour and I’m slowly getting used to squonking on it.

For me like the entheon, it’s a winner winner chicken dinner:inlove::campeon2:

Thats just marvellous
Thanks for the feedback, now i dont feel so bad about my small gap too, hehe
Enjoy, its a lovely flavour that comes out of this rda, no question about that

I used spare o-rings from another RTA and it fits much better. Unfortunately I can't recall which o-rings I used (was a while back, when I first got the Hadaly) but I'm sure you have spare rta's lying around you could try.

On two of my Hadaly's I have removed one of the O rings and it is working like a charm with no leaking.

Ok so not sure if it’s just me or the hadaly is a noisy little thing.

Air holes wide open I get a high pitched whistling, even with just 2 air holes or even the air holes partly closed off. I still get a high pitched whistling when having a long tug on it.

Any ideas guys?? I can live with it but I’d prefer a quieter noise.

Still living the flavour from it.

Ok so not sure if it’s just me or the hadaly is a noisy little thing.

Air holes wide open I get a high pitched whistling, even with just 2 air holes or even the air holes partly closed off. I still get a high pitched whistling when having a long tug on it.

Any ideas guys?? I can live with it but I’d prefer a quieter noise.

Still living the flavour from it.

The whistling means its running at optimal performance
Its a sign from the manufacturer....

Only joking.. @Yas786

Not sure how to curb the whistling but maybe move the top cap slightly - might change the airflow a fraction and quieten it down a bit

The whistling means its running at optimal performance
Its a sign from the manufacturer....

Only joking.. @Yas786

Not sure how to curb the whistling but maybe move the top cap slightly - might change the airflow a fraction and quieten it down a bit

Haha that’s what I was thinking but looking around the net, I see a few people have had this issue.

It’s not the end of the world lol, once I’ve finished off this bottle I’ll take it apart and see what’s causing the whistling. Some say it’s the coil placement or the wicking.

I’ve tried closing off the airflow a bit and it’s not as loud as wide open. So that’s helped a bit.

Haha that’s what I was thinking but looking around the net, I see a few people have had this issue.

It’s not the end of the world lol, once I’ve finished off this bottle I’ll take it apart and see what’s causing the whistling. Some say it’s the coil placement or the wicking.

I’ve tried closing off the airflow a bit and it’s not as loud as wide open. So that’s helped a bit.

If i recall from other whistling devices (not the hadaly) it has to do with the sharpness of the metal ridge inside the cap and guys would file it down to improve it. Turbulence reduction. Not sure if thats the issue here but might be the coil placement as you say.

@KZOR, i know you like the Hadaly and a framed staple coil

What is your coil resistamce approximately.
What coil ID do you use in the Hadaly?
And what power do you typically vape it on?
At what height do you install it?

Am looking for tips to improve my Hadaly flavour

Do you have a pic of your build?
The coil needed to be extremely low so you would be able to see the coil if looking through the air flow hole.

Do you have a pic of your build?
The coil needed to be extremely low so you would be able to see the coil if looking through the air flow hole.

I will take a pic when i next can, thanks @Christos
My coil is indeed quite low
Will check this

I've tried a few different builds in the Hadaly. My go to is 3.5 mm - anywhere from 4 to 6 wraps depending on the device its going on.
Currently - 3.5mm 5 wrap dual fused Claptons, (2x28 SS, 36 ni80) running on the 75c bf. Just shines with flavour.
Coil positioning is high - can just see the bottom of the coil through the airflow.
This is a popping build - makes alot of noise and is full of flavour.

My coil positioning is the same as @M.Adhir, works the best when the airflow hits the bottom of the coil. My preferred build is using The Coil Company Nano Fused Clapton which ohms out just under 0.9 and I run them around 35w. I prefer this build as it gives a much cooler Vape given the size of the chamber.

3mm ID FSA from Smiley at around .3 ohms. Push the coiling rod down as much as it will go till the rod sits flush against the lip of the deck. That’s the perfect height for me. If you look through the airflow u can just barely see the bottom of the coil and out the other side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the inputs.

Am using the vandyvape superfine Clapton wire.

Just 5 wraps. I did 2.5mm , not 3mm. Came out at 0.49 ohms. Probably should have done an extra wrap or 3mm or both. Next time...

a8f2222a3fd8c257113cdc280364cdb9.jpg

As low as it goes with the mandrel on the lip @Amir

c292ae8b4c44be135ef53a1dc74e1dc9.jpg

Looking through the airhole you can just see the bottom of the coil

ea43c6e8df37318fec63335bb7988e55.jpg

So let's see how it goes. I had a conventional 26g coil in there before. So let's see how the fused Clapton wire compares. It's not a smiley coil or another exotic but let's see ...

Will be back to report.

Had a chance to vape on the new coil

Its nice. Fast ramp, good flavour. Nice to vape on. But its not as crisp as the standard wire i had in there before. Its more volume of vapour but not as crisp and defined.

The thing is I like my vapes crisp especially on the fruity menthols, i think this coil is probably better suited to the dessert juices.

Will keep it in for a while and see how it goes

Had a chance to vape on the new coil

Its nice. Fast ramp, good flavour. Nice to vape on. But its not as crisp as the standard wire i had in there before. Its more volume of vapour but not as crisp and defined.

The thing is I like my vapes crisp especially on the fruity menthols, i think this coil is probably better suited to the dessert juices.

Will keep it in for a while and see how it goes
@Silver i use the exact same wire.... find it to be the business if you chasing flavour. It is not a stealthy vape though .. lots of crackling going. I for one do not mind as flavour it my main game... 6 wraps with 2.5 mm id will bump the ohms up to about .6 and 7 to just on or over 0.7... at 30 watts the etheon, o x atty , juggerknot and intake are in there happy place, so i think the haddy will perform like a stripper on her opening night at Sun City.. ;)

@Silver i use the exact same wire.... find it to be the business if you chasing flavour. It is not a stealthy vape though .. lots of crackling going. I for one do not mind as flavour it my main game... 6 wraps with 2.5 mm id will bump the ohms up to about .6 and 7 to just on or over 0.7... at 30 watts the etheon, o x atty , juggerknot and intake are in there happy place, so i think the haddy will perform like a stripper on her opening night at Sun City.. ;)

Thanks @Gringo
When I did the 5 wraps, I realised after installing it that I probably should have done 6
Glad to hear it works well for you. I will try with 6 wraps next time.

Lol - on the Sun City comment - hehe -

3.5 mm high placement sounds like a small racecar backfiring lol. Pity videos don't upload here

Over the past two days I have done three new builds in the Hadaly.

I don't have spare exotic coils (Claptons, aliens) and I can't build them myself so I decided to have a go at various parallel coils with Kanthal wire and see what happens.

All are 2.5mm ID. 6 or 7 double wraps.

26 Gauge Kanthal
First up is the 26 gauge. It's quite thick and sturdy and nice to build with. Holds its position so wicking doesn't even budge it.

7 double wraps. About 0.45 ohms.

4cbed1a09391727c0313aa38dd66baeb.jpg

Verdict - it's nice. But not crisp. I find it quite similar to the vandyvape fused Clapton wire. More wet. Decent ramp. Too warm. Overall not bad but I want something more defined and crisp.

27 gauge Kanthal
Next we go to slightly thinner wire. 27ga. This was 6 double wraps and came to 0.5 ohms.

f4963547db4b6eab4285fe837f08ddeb.jpg

Verdict - it's a bit better. Slightly more crisp. Slightly faster ramp. This is more my style. But I want it a tad more crisp and a bit cooler. It's still a little bit too warm.

28 gauge Kanthal
Next I moved to even thinner wire. Trusty 28g. 7 double wraps. Came out at 0.6 ohms.

775626f957dd8073f5257ed218533b37.jpg

Verdict - so far the best of the three for me. More crisp. Faster ramp. Not hot. This is how I like it. It's not the most voluminous vape but for me it suits the Hadaly better because I'm after flavour definition and crispness. Not boomy big clouds. And the Hadaly has fairly restrictive airflow anyway.

Am going to leave this coil in for a while and see how it goes over the next few days.

I still want to try a top class custom coil from Smiley to compare.

But for now this simple coil will do for flavour tasting on the Hadaly...

This was rather informative, thanks @Silver . Personally, I find the coils from Smiley and The Coil Company are by far the best on the market, so much care, attention and craftsmanship. I buy them whenever I can afford to (which is not often) , but they're worth the money.

@Gringo I recoiled the Hadaly this afternoon to try remedy my atomizer short message on my RX200. It got sorted.

Was thinking of you when I did the coil and decided to give the vandyvape superfine MTL fused Clapton another go.

This time i did 8 wraps. 8 visible on the top and 7 on the bottom. 2.5mm ID
Came out to around 0.7 ohms.

Much much better than the original 5 wrapper I did. More flavour and better. Am enjoying it. Am vaping @Paulie 'a original Guava juice with added Menthol and the flavour is very good. Nice and full.

Thanks for the tip. Will keep this coil in for a while I think.

Forgot to take a pic of the installed coil. But I took a pic of it Wrapped on my screwdriver - so I can zoom in and count the wraps. Lol.

Something funky going on with the 4th wrap from the left. Dont know if thats a defect in the wire or me trying to tension it around the screwdriver so stretching it. Anyway, its working very well so far!

2744bef9134bdb9b0ce37606a45b1076.jpg

I like the idea of taking a photo to count the wraps. A useful tip for the age advantaged @Silver .

I am surprised at the deep machining marks on the Hadaly.

I could actually count the wraps on the fused clapton wire - just
But on my usual 28g wire its not easy
So i take a photo and then zoom in - makes it so easy to see if its 9 wraps or 8 etc

Agreed on the marks on the Hadaly - it is a bit strange
But it looks worse in the photo than in the flesh

Back