Are you male or female

• Total voters

theyettie

Experienced Vaper
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hi guys

My wife says vaping is a boys club. Let's see...

Nice poll @theyettie

I think there are plenty female vapers - they are just hiding ;-)

Last edited:
I'm female, and where I'm from (NA) there are thousands of us.....hundreds of thousands.

That's awesome!! I think America will always be much more progressive than us, I get the feeling there's still a very large conservative constituency in the RSA. The one girl I work with has a nautilus mini and iStick 30W, but during the day she spends more time with my dripper than I do... When I ask her why she doesn't get a nice mod and dripper (I've even offered to give her one of my drippers) she says it looks too butch. She is literally the only girl I know that vapes.

That's awesome!! I think America will always be much more progressive than us, I get the feeling there's still a very large conservative constituency in the RSA. The one girl I work with has a nautilus mini and iStick 30W, but during the day she spends more time with my dripper than I do... When I ask her why she doesn't get a nice mod and dripper (I've even offered to give her one of my drippers) she says it looks too butch. She is literally the only girl I know that vapes.

I have several female friends and family members who vape. And when we have local vape meets, there are as many girls as guys. My family and I use REOs, but most of the others have various tube mods or smaller eGo-type gear.

I have noticed that to outsiders (non-vapers), particularly women, these mods do look big.

I can't count how many times I've been asked about that "massive Twisp thing of mine."

The one thing that is becoming evident from this poll is that there aren't many lady vapers on the forum... @JC Okie get all your pals to join us... Pretty please... :happy:

I am a female vaper and I know a fair few, I will be honest, I prefer to be called a vaper, not distinguised by gender, same as in the gaming community, I am a gamer not a female gamer. I think we dont need the drama it will bring once you start specilising in female one stuff - sorry Sir Vapes, I saw the link on your page and honestly I hate the idea. I don't see the need to distinguish at all. It actually dissapoints me to a huge degree, it's why I boycott all BT Games. . .

ahhh i love it when someone says wow that's big, best answer is "that's what she said" :)

the best is when my wife says wow that's big it's bigger than the previous one - I always say to her that's what you said bwahahahaha....

Boys were quicker to pick up vaping in SA because we like toys.

Girls are catching up because they like something good and dont want to smell lile hell.

It will all balance out.

Come to think if it I always knew more male smokers so thats a factor.

But remember that generally there are more male smokers than female smokers.

I have plenty lady customers but I estimate it's probably a 80/20 ratio men/woman but then again the guys could be buying for their better half and vice versa

I am a female vaper and I know a fair few, I will be honest, I prefer to be called a vaper, not distinguised by gender, same as in the gaming community, I am a gamer not a female gamer. I think we dont need the drama it will bring once you start specilising in female one stuff - sorry Sir Vapes, I saw the link on your page and honestly I hate the idea. I don't see the need to distinguish at all. It actually dissapoints me to a huge degree, it's why I boycott all BT Games. . .

My sincerest apologies if this poll causes some sort of polarisation, that was really not my intention. There is no divide in my opinion, just thought it would be interesting. I'm not a gamer and I don't know what BT Games are, but F#$K 'EM!!! :mad:

My sincerest apologies if this poll causes some sort of polarisation, that was really not my intention. There is no divide in my opinion, just thought it would be interesting. I'm not a gamer and I don't know what BT Games are, but F#$K 'EM!!! :mad:
I have no problem with the link, Im just honestly as a female over the whole OMG ITS A GIRL! reaction when it comes to stuff like vaping or gaming, when there shouldnt be such a devide. There are less female smokers around, that much I do know, but you dont go OMG A GIRL smoker do you? I hate that reaction and the fact that there are a heck of a lot of female vapours out there, they just dont need to advertise or just dont use forums as much.

I have no problem with the link, Im just honestly as a female over the whole OMG ITS A GIRL! reaction when it comes to stuff like vaping or gaming, when there shouldnt be such a devide. There are less female smokers around, that much I do know, but you dont go OMG A GIRL smoker do you? I hate that reaction and the fact that there are a heck of a lot of female vapours out there, they just dont need to advertise or just dont use forums as much.

I agree 100% Wyvern, in the same boat as you there OMG a girl that plays games big whoopdidoo! I have taught more males how to build coils than I can even count, just because I have long hair and other girly assets doesnt mean a thing at all, yes we may not be able to do heavy lifting the way boys can but 90% of the things boys can do we can do, and 9 x out of 10 they are taught by us how to do it better ;)

I was in the bellairs shop today when this group of guys walked in, saw me vaping on my Rolo with my griffin and promptly said OMG how can a lady carry around a mod that big, to which I replied, its easier for us because we have handbags oh and by the way its my smallest one!

Its such a dumb sterotype!!!!!! @Satans_Stick what do you think :p

Oh wow. Honestly, backwards thinking like "Girls can't have big mods" or "A gamer girl? You probably play Sims" No.

So how's this?
I remember going to a vape meet where 40% of the guys were vaping on either a Subox Mini or an iJust2 and I didn't mention "Oh that's such a small vape for a big man like you". I was there with my SnowWolf, a Goblin Mini that I coiled and wicked myself, my RX200 with my Zephyrus V2 that I also coiled and wicked myself...
Now you guys tell me, why is that shocking?
Why do people assume that there aren't any girl vapers out there just because you don't see them? If you spend half as much time in a vape shop (with @Stroodlepuff and @Oliver Barry and @MiffyPuff) as I do, you'll see just as many female vapers as you see male vapers.

I apologise if I come across as a little aggressive but as someone who believes in gender equality and who constantly fights against gender stereotypes, I just believe that people can do whatever they want to, because it is within their own personal capacity, NOT because they're male or female.

That is all :)

I actually know guys who have the Minikins. So yeah I agree.

Oh wow. Honestly, backwards thinking like "Girls can't have big mods" or "A gamer girl? You probably play Sims" No.

So how's this?
I remember going to a vape meet where 40% of the guys were vaping on either a Subox Mini or an iJust2 and I didn't mention "Oh that's such a small vape for a big man like you". I was there with my SnowWolf, a Goblin Mini that I coiled and wicked myself, my RX200 with my Zephyrus V2 that I also coiled and wicked myself...
Now you guys tell me, why is that shocking?
Why do people assume that there aren't any girl vapers out there just because you don't see them? If you spend half as much time in a vape shop (with @Stroodlepuff and @Oliver Barry and @MiffyPuff) as I do, you'll see just as many female vapers as you see male vapers.

I apologise if I come across as a little aggressive but as someone who believes in gender equality and who constantly fights against gender stereotypes, I just believe that people can do whatever they want to, because it is within their own personal capacity, NOT because they're male or female.

That is all :)

Hey I always, always go for the Mini mods, except for the Grand, but that's not exactly big.

But I do live with 3 females and have no issues with my "macho" :)

I actually know guys who have the Minikins. So yeah I agree.
I know right! And its not just girls who has the different colored mods. And not all of us have shiny bling on our mods, just a plain sleeve and off I go, but yea that really got my goat yesterday when I saw that link on their page yesterday. I decided to stay quiet about it but then I saw what they uploaded and I am like heh? Why are those supposedly girly?

With regards to gaming though, the 'boys club' perception is changing.

Both my little girls, being born into a home with a gaming nut, are full-on gamers. And not princess this and Sims - theyre young so its all the Lego games and LBP, stuff like that.

But when they're around little boys, none are surprised to see that these two little girls are just as crazy about games as they are. And they don't "take it easy on them." They all just carry on.

, but you dont go OMG A GIRL smoker do you? I hate that reaction and the fact that there are a heck of a lot of female vapours out there, they just dont need to advertise or just dont use forums as much.
My gran used to freak OUT if she saw a girl smoking lol... my sis still hides it to this day.

Funny she tried vaping and didnt like it. I blame the Twisp.

Think I can get her to take a toot off my mod?... Facepalm.

With regards to gaming though, the 'boys club' perception is changing.

Both my little girls, being born into a home with a gaming nut, are full-on gamers. And not princess this and Sims - theyre young so its all the Lego games and LBP, stuff like that.

But when they're around little boys, none are surprised to see that these two little girls are just as crazy about games as they are. And they don't "take it easy on them." They all just carry on.
My daughter likes DMC, Rise Of The Tomb Raider...12 years old, kicks my ass in MK also. She is gonna be a badass at FPS when shes ready. All the best ones are just a tad too intense still though IMO.

Ha ha a bit of a brain fart from Sir Vape, I would buy any one of the three devices under the "Vape Chix" category at Sir Vape. I don't like the "Big" mods. That being said I do not think that Sir Vape meant to offend anyone.

That is exactly the point though. No one should feel superior or inferior because of their gender... Girls can love gaming or play rugby or whatever and boys and dress up as frikin Elsa on halloween, or have a pink mod. If that's what they want, I say why not? What you do or what you buy or what mod you have, that is yours and yours alone. Why should it matter if the mod looks too girly or too manly? It's about performance. If it does what you want/need it to do, then I don't see the problem there.

I'm actually glad this topic came up, coz I've heard "for a girl" added on to sentences when guys talk to me about vaping, and it makes me feel like it's an insult, when it really isn't. Like yeah, we're girls with big mods and tattoos and wearing Metallica T-shirts and converse sneakers. Who cares :D

Back