Molicel in SA

Just a question if I may. Here in AU one of the biggest vape vendors are also the official Molicel wholesaler for the Molicel brand in AU. He then peddles it off to other vape vendors in AU as the official wholesaler. Who is the official Molicel wholesaler representative in SA?
I do not think Hashtag is the official wholesaler as such, but it appears they're the one who has made a deal with Andrew from Electron

Think I'll just get a couple of mates together and do a group buy from them.
Count me in.
Just by the by Jurgens @InkdVapor sells them at a afffordable price.
fe23b0acdc99be92520e015b4ed9c590.jpg

R210 is less than the R250 I expected, but more than the R119 we could buy it for. Oh well...
Which battery are you referring to,
18650 or 21700.
The R 119 (directly from Andrew) was for the 18650 if memory serves me correctly

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

No names mentioned but a certain well known Vape Shop is selling these 18650 batteries for R220 each.
That's more than a 100% markup based on Andrews pricing at the time he was selling directly.

Feedback from Andrew if we were interested in doing a group buy (100 cells minimum):
Should you wish to place an order for 100 cells you would be looking at R128 each for the 18650’s and R158 each for the 21700’s.

Ya but .... we do need to support those that are actually trying.

If @InkdVapor is selling at R150 and he has paid the asking price of R128, then that is by far and away a very reasonable mark up. Stock on the shelf costs money. If he had to buy 100 x, then that is R15 grand. I do not begrudge a man making a living.

By all means avoid those that are asking too much, they will get the message soon enough.

If @InkdVapor is selling at R150 and he has paid the asking price of R128, then that is by far and away a very reasonable mark up. Stock on the shelf costs money. If he had to buy 100 x, then that is R15 grand. I do not begrudge a man making a living.

By all means avoid those that are asking too much, they will get the message soon enough.

@Stranger i didn’t pin point any vendor ... some are charging r100 more per battery

some are reasonable some are not

times are tough and my wallet is more important than supporting vendors tbh

I cannot agree more with you on this. I am very happy to support shops, and I do so regularly but there are a few money hungry ones and them I generally avoid.

No names mentioned but a certain well known Vape Shop is selling these 18650 batteries for R220 each.
That's more than a 100% markup based on Andrews pricing at the time he was selling directly.

Another Shop is selling their 21700's for R270 a pop o_O

Being fair to the importer of these batteries, they were never aimed at or intended for the vape market. The batteries actually make up battery power packs for the electric trials bikes that the company sells. I don't know who or how the vape world got involved but the importers decision to sell in bulk is his choice and fits in with his business model. I have met with and had conversations with the owner of the company and feel the need to defend him a bit. Vaping is not his core business outlet. He would need to employ extra staff to process, pack and ship on an individual basis.

Being fair to the importer of these batteries, they were never aimed at or intended for the vape market. The batteries actually make up battery power packs for the electric trials bikes that the company sells. I don't know who or how the vape world got involved but the importers decision to sell in bulk is his choice and fits in with his business model. I have met with and had conversations with the owner of the company and feel the need to defend him a bit. Vaping is not his core business outlet. He would need to employ extra staff to process, pack and ship on an individual basis.

Nobody is attacking him, he has always helped me and we had a nice conversation the other day on the phone, stellar gent. The exploit by the vape shops on his policy is what is ticking most of us off. Just because we can't order at 100 Batteries at a time, they feel its right to add a 100% plus mark up (some shops). And that is where the proverbial Digital Middle Finger is aimed at

I don’t think the issue is selling in bulk, it is more about excluding the consumer (regardless of quantities) and the subsequent ridiculous markups that some stores are posting. I honestly think a R120 markup off a base price of R150 is sick.

I don’t think the issue is selling in bulk, it is more about excluding the consumer (regardless of quantities) and the subsequent ridiculous markups that some stores are posting. I honestly think a R120 markup off a base price of R150 is sick.
Interesting post. My dramas with old date of manufacture Molicel batteries shipped were eventually resolved no dramas. Let's not get stuck on the brand itself. My question would be about selling batteries. Any brand batteries whatever their used for it doesn't matter. And wholesaler and retailer policies and markups. Are all batteries at this wholesaler sold with a moq of 100 or not. And I'm talking about any brand battery here. This is a business model and sales policy question here. Or is it specific to the Molicel brand only. If its always moq 100 no issue that's the wholesaler sales policy. If it's moq 100 for Molicel batteries only, others you can buy moq what you like then it is a issue.

Just to clarify ok. This is not about a very likable vendor or having a go at any person or company it's a simple straightforward question about how and which moq quantity batteries are sold. Retail vendors can charge whatever they like the consumer market will sort them out by themselves in time no problem.

Last edited:
AFAIK

Electron motorsports are the only guys bringing in Molicell units. These are used primarily in the companies core product, which is electric motorbikes. I don't think they ever had any intention of selling directly to wholesalers or the consumers. They were intended for his product build. As I stated above, they made the decision to sell by bulk at 100 units a time. It was stated to me that he brings in at 2000-3000 at a time. Even at 60% of his selling price that is a couple of hundred thousand bucks a go. Big investment from them.

Ok thanks for the clarification. Appreciated. So he basically did consumers a favor selling to them directly in small quantities. The logistics got too much as understandable it would being a big wholesaler and mostly for he's own business use. And now unless you buy 100 units from him directly to justify the logistics needed you have to buy smaller quantity from vape vendors of which some are seriously ripping vapers off with hugely inflated retail mark-up prices. But the market will sort itself out with demand, supply and price. As it always does. The rip-off vendors will be stuck with hugely overpriced stock not selling much as in big volume wise while people will be shopping for other quality brands or cheaper Molicels at the other vaper friendly vendors. Easy... Capitalism at work. The consumer decides what and where they buy. While rip-off vendors crash and burn.

Last edited:
Imraan of Bossvape says he'll have Molicel in about two weeks from now. Just bought 8 40T's there.

I bought some Sony's from BossVape. At the prices he sells batteries at I couldn't pass it up.

Back