Molicel in SA

Based off of the battery codes provided above, I'm a bit unsure of the age of these.
I think they're 2018?
d302524c0dad37714b200fb56e63385e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Looks like its 2018 yes.

I'm happy that I can order from nkon. Always fresh and verified batches and not expensive.

Checked their website.
R128 but minimum order of 10.
Dam I wanted 6

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Checked their website.
R128 but minimum order of 10.
Dam I wanted 6

A quick group / consolidated purchase resolves the minimum order issue :)

Who would like some Molicel 18650's at a mere R128 a pop?

A quick group / consolidated purchase resolves the minimum order issue :)

Who would like some Molicel 18650's at a mere R128 a pop?
I'm in for 6.
Anybody in the Fourways area looking for a minimum of 4, PM me and we can team up

Last edited:
Ok so im also interested.

I did not have time to read through the whole thread.

So are these ALOT better in terms of quality and battery life compared to the 25R or 30Q ect?

Placed my order on Wednesday and got delivery on Thursday afternoon. Excellent service from Andrew at Electron Powersports.

Very grateful to pay half the retail price (compared to most vape shops) for some of the best batteries out there now.

Last edited:
Uncle @Rob Fisher would you recommend these over any of the Samsung options? We are due for some fresh batteries and a R115 price tag looks REALLY attrctive.
How long did these take to arrive (assuming you bought from a local retailer)?

@CJB85 yes I would... I really like them.

Thought I'd stock up on some fresh Molicels... See the minimum order quantity is now 100 :confused: Guess I'll be looking elsewhere then:facepalm:

Thought I'd stock up on some fresh Molicels... See the minimum order quantity is now 100 :confused: Guess I'll be looking elsewhere then:facepalm:

When the shops started buying from them to resell, that's when the minimum order quantities came into effect. It's sad, but it's commerce. The shops need to put a mark up and cover costs and make a profit. And they can't do that if any Tom, Di Ck and Harry can buy directly from the supplier.

I was so happy when we could buy Molicel locally and at a decent price. But now it's just a play for the money again. Very sad the retailers decided to go that route. As soon as we started buying Batts, wasn't even a week and they were suddenly sold out. That decision was made for their pockets, not with their fellow vaper in mind. Just sad

Last edited:
I was so happy when we could buy Molicel locally and at a decent price. But now it's just a play for the money again. Very sad the retailers decided to go that route. As soon as we started buying Batts, wasn't even a week and they were suddenly sold out. That decision was made for their pockets, not with their fellow vaper in mind. Just sad

What's worse was the price you could buy it from the supplier at (even cheaper if you buy as a vendor and in bulk) versus the price I saw them advertised at some vendors... I know vape stores have overheads, etc. but some had over a 100% markup.

Mailed them yesterday and got the following response this morning:
"Thanks for getting in touch, yes our minimum order is 100 units as we no longer sell direct to the public. The Molicel’s should start hitting the Vape stores soon. If you would like to get some more info on where to find the cells, get in touch with info@hashtagvapes.co.za and they should be able to direct you to the right place.
Regards,
Andrew Kloppers"

That means if we're lucky we will be able to buy them for about R250ea now... :(

Mailed them yesterday and got the following response this morning:
"Thanks for getting in touch, yes our minimum order is 100 units as we no longer sell direct to the public. The Molicel’s should start hitting the Vape stores soon. If you would like to get some more info on where to find the cells, get in touch with info@hashtagvapes.co.za and they should be able to direct you to the right place.
Regards,
Andrew Kloppers"

That means if we're lucky we will be able to buy them for about R250ea now... :(
Well @Evie 1989 and the team at Hashtag Vapes can count me out for any future support. Will also begin to query my regular shops and no longer support any shop that uses them as a Distro. They wanted to create a monopoly to suit their pockets, that's fine, my pockets will no longer support their business. The true power is with the consumer.

I will wait for Imraan from BossVape to get new Samsung 40T's in, at least he offers them at decent prices. Thinking of chatting to him and see if he can buy 100 cells from Andrew and offer them at a decent price. Hashtag does not have a monopoly on it, they just caused the MOQ's

I will wait for Imraan from BossVape to get new Samsung 40T's in, at least he offers them at decent prices. Thinking of chatting to him and see if he can buy 100 cells from Andrew and offer them at a decent price. Hashtag does not have a monopoly on it, they just caused the MOQ's

Think I'll just get a couple of mates together and do a group buy from them.

Sent him a Whatsapp now. He's usually quite busy by this time, and I think especially over the long weekend with a lot of orders to fill, but will respond here when he answers.

Just a question if I may. Here in AU one of the biggest vape vendors are also the official Molicel wholesaler for the Molicel brand in AU. He then peddles it off to other vape vendors in AU as the official wholesaler. Who is the official Molicel wholesaler representative in SA?

Back