Molicel in SA

Great as mentioned this must have just been a specific old batch sold we're waiting on vendor response here.

How interesting I'm trying to correspond with Molicel direct got reply from sole Molicel distributor only yet. And I'm not buying the sales pitch I'm getting of don't worry about date of manufacture or the recommended shelf life. It's OK don't worry about it it's only a recommendation. One very simple question: why are SA and AU getting the old outdated stock but this is the current range Molicel batteries? See pic below.

I'm awaiting a reply. BTW many many very unhappy customers in AU with poor quality and non performance issues popping up all over social media here now. Mine received are also over 2 years old from date of manufacture. I'm not using them let's see how this plays out first.

Attachments

• Molicel range.jpg
    Molicel range.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I've had no issues so far with any of the 10 cells i bought, either 18650 or 21700. So for the price i paid, i honestly can't complain.

I've had no issues so far with any of the 10 cells i bought, either 18650 or 21700. So for the price i paid, i honestly can't complain.
I’m also extremely happy seeing the 18650’s are at least R100 cheaper than the Sony’s and they are much better.

The concerns raised by @fbb1964 are valid however and sadly this is the norm with most other batteries and unethical sales people from other countries.

Thanks @Christos and BTW this is not bagging Molicel, the brand, in any way I don't like seeing a good brand trashed over social media. Hence trying to get hold of Molicel direct but Molicel customer service flicked it to a distributor. The local vendor who also happens to be the main Molicel dealer/distributor in AU have a returns policy from hell. Hence the havoc with many unhappy customers venting on social media. Not good. By the looks of it local vendor insist on a returns/maybe refund policy while the brand is trashed online,. Probably resells them again to another customer, who knows, compounding the problem even more. I'm lucky my batteries received are only 2 years old there are others who received over 3 year old batteries. Works fine few weeks then it's just a dud. Aussie mate who bought 16 in GB for mates together is chatting to Mooch for advice about all this as well.

I'm must say had amazing service from Andrew, sent mail at 20:45 last night and got a reply at 21:45 asking my adress.
Replied at 4:30 this morning with my adress. And he sent me final invoice at 6:15 this morning. Can't wait for my batteries.

Brain is fried :-(
What do these mean then?
J707 means 07 July 2019?
J906 means 06 September 2019?

I'm fine with using the batteries though.
Pretty sure we've ended up buying worse stock of other brands from other stores along the way and we haven't pegged as yet. I have batteries that are around 2 years old and still work fairly decently.

PSX_20200813_162005.jpg PSX_20200813_162018.jpg

Brain is fried :-(
What do these mean then?
J707 means 07 July 2019?
J906 means 06 September 2019?

I'm fine with using the batteries though.
Pretty sure we've ended up buying worse stock of other brands from other stores along the way and we haven't pegged as yet. I have batteries that are around 2 years old and still work fairly decently.

View attachment 204169 View attachment 204170
Too many butt jokes?
for the P42A
upload_2020-8-13_17-37-13.png

So your P42A was J so 2019 - September(9) 06

upload_2020-8-13_17-42-37.png
For your P26A was also J so 2019 - July(7) 07

Can somebody point me in the right direction....
Asseblief....
What is the email address for Andrew or do you send email to:
Info@electronpowersports.co.za

I want I order some of these 18650 batteries

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I was told he is out of stock until next year.
InkdVapor is one of the retailers who has stock at the moment.

Just spoke to Andrew, see blow:

"Im sold out of 18650’s but do still have 21700’s. Suppler is also out of stock so will be a while before fresh 18650’s arrive."

I also spoke to him, wanted done 18650s too, he told me stock expected in October but now it looks like it may be longer. The forum cleaned him out!

This is crazy.. Some of the vape shops selling them at R220 and more

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

So general consensus is these 18650 cells are good? I'm considering getting a few for my Reos.

*edit*
Ordered 4 to try out, read the reviews from Mooch. Looking forward to these.

Last edited:
So general consensus is these 18650 cells are good? I'm considering getting a few for my Reos.

*edit*
Ordered 4 to try out, read the reviews from Mooch. Looking forward to these.
Where did you order from

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Molicell's website says mid December for stock in South Africa again. Hope the price is the same or better than before.

Haha @Dela Rey Steyn and @DougP, this friend of yours seems to be quite popular. Unfortunately I won't be able to bring batteries in this time around.
The prices are quite good on their site for batteries in general, so perhaps you can try and ship from here in a group buy? I know that there's a bit more to it when you want to ship batteries though.

Back