Psyclone Hadaly RDA

Agree that flavor intensity in the Hadaly is influenced by it's air flow, same as all atty's are, but that's not the only factor. The atty's fluid dynamics, the build for the particular joose ran in any atty, your vaping style also influences the flavor you get. To me it's not less vapor in a Hadaly, I can chuck clouds in mine with the builds in them, but rather that the vapor is more dense and flavor saturated because it's fluid dynamics are spot on. The Hadaly is not a big air atty, so I go all the way to the wild side, run them with "wide open" air and build for the joose ran in them. :)

My goal is to try to do the same in all of my atty's. With the big air atty's especially I stop down the air flow to a balance between what is not a too restrictive draw for me and achieving what is the best flavor rich vapor I can get from each of them. With some atty's/liquids that may also require altering the build to compensate for less air. Splitting hairs maybe, but it's all about flavor to me. Achieving that is not rocket science when you know what your DIY's (or premades) want as well as I know mine,,and learn how to get that from an atty that is capable of delivering it. To borrow the great term "optimize" that @Silver related to me, I optimize all the variables.

I have a Petri V2 that I like as well. But by design I can not change the air intake without changing my draw that I don't want to do. So I am only left with altering it's fluid dynamics some with coil placement and air intake orientation. The Hadaly ran as it was designed to be ran and built to the joose ran in it doesn't need any voodoo magic tricks to make it stellar for my uses. I have a lot of 22mm atty's, and none of them are as easy to get what I want from my DIY's that I prefer single builds for as in the Hadaly. I'm hoping the Kryten will be the same for my DIY's that I prefer dual builds for.

@Spydro do you find the same as i do?

I find single coils work beautiful for menthol, tobacco and fruity flavours.
While dual coils always bring out the best flavours in desert and bakery flavours.

@Spydro do you find the same as i do?

I find single coils work beautiful for menthol, tobacco and fruity flavours.
While dual coils always bring out the best flavours in desert and bakery flavours.

Well, I don't do menthol, bakery and other than the XXX I had no fruit vapes, and only a few dessert and tobacco vapes. My thing is drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic with the coffee's and tea's the lions share of them), savory and spicy vapes mostly. And many of them are mixed quite intense. I let the DIY dictate what it wants for builds. That said some of my DIY's can get it done quite well with both single and dual builds that I get difference nuances out of them with.

Been running my hadaly on the leprechaun and just decided to try on a regulated mod with single ss Clapton 0.35ohm @ 40w. Big difference, it's alive!

This build is blowing my mind right now. I am not a Clapton fan, was running 26 x 32...

Back to twisted Nichrome, 3 strands 28g twisted tight but not springy. Needs all of 30w for a warm Vape. 3mm ID and coil sunk so air flow hits it straight on the bottom.

Flavor is so far off the charts my DIY is way too intense.
Nice build, how many wraps and what ohm are you sitting on ? Thanks

Simple as they come, thats 24ga N80 with a 3mm ID wicked with cotton candy, running it at 62.5W. Seems to be working pretty damn well.

Kinda wish they had used Digiflavor Pharaoh type clamps, but I guess thats what version 2 will be.

A big criticism from me would be on the tolerances, sure some guys will say, because its a semi-HE atty, they need to be small or whatever. Personally I don't buy that. For it to be truely HE, the thing should be effortless to use, those tight tolerances screw that up (i think using red o-rings would have solved this)

If WoToFo is making an atty that costs like a 3rd of what yours does, that has better tolerances, you really need to evaluate things.

I know, I know.. Juice the o-rings, but honestly lifes kinda short for that. Should just be right, from the get go.

WhatsApp Image 2017-02-05 at 11.34.02.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-02-05 at 11.32.24.jpeg

Look, i still really like it, and it does perform really quite nicely. but like anything its not without faults.

Last edited:
ok so did abit of a flavour test...waynes clapton crunch on hadaly single coil alien 0.45 vs petri tank same aliens but duel so 0.24. expected more flavour from petri given duel coil.

results: the clapton crunch tasted crap on the petri - flat monotone nuttiness. hadaly felt like i was really eating corn flakes with berries. the depth of flavour profile is amazing...the berry flakes first followed by milkiness of sweet cream and fa meringue.

chucking out all my other drippers and tanks soon...this is the real goon killer for me

ok so did abit of a flavour test...waynes clapton crunch on hadaly single coil alien 0.45 vs petri tank same aliens but duel so 0.24. expected more flavour from petri given duel coil.

results: the clapton crunch tasted crap on the petri - flat monotone nuttiness. hadaly felt like i was really eating corn flakes with berries. the depth of flavour profile is amazing...the berry flakes first followed by milkiness of sweet cream and fa meringue.

chucking out all my other drippers and tanks soon...this is the real goon killer for me

Hey bud, are you running the Hadaly on your Leprechaun?

Cool bud.
And when you say Petri tank is it the RTA Petri?

IMO besides totally different atty's on totally different devices with different atty fluid dynamics and device wattage... and comparing that joose at .45Ω in a single coil atty and at .24Ω in a dual coil atty is like trying to compare an apple to an orange. A joose will have a specific ideal "sweet" spot for your own personal tastes, and straying far from that spot will be a less than an ideal vape for you. YMMV

Alright, received my replacement hadaly today and i concur, the hype is real, after a couple toots on the hadaly my sm25 with the same juice tasted like sand!

Sruggling to comprehend how one can achieve more flavour without drinking the juice

Very impressed

Last edited:
I have really struggled with this thing, flavour for me has been average at best, I've tried all the recommended builds and for me it just doesn't hold up to the hype. Pretty confused given all the positive reviews. I guess it's also a subjective thing like juice, works for some and not for others.

I have really struggled with this thing, flavour for me has been average at best, I've tried all the recommended builds and for me it just doesn't hold up to the hype. Pretty confused given all the positive reviews. I guess it's also a subjective thing like juice, works for some and not for others.
@Hi @method1 have you tried dropping the coil lower down?

I slaped in a very unattractive kanthal build and was very surprised. If your coil id is about 3mm and have it so the airflow hits the bottom of the coil (look through the air holes) running 3.5 - 4 volt and still no fireworks . . . Im stumped

@Hi @method1 have you tried dropping the coil lower down?

I've tried the coil at various heights but it makes sense to me to have the coils in line with airflow.

I slaped in a very unattractive kanthal build and was very surprised. If your coil id is about 3mm and have it so the airflow hits the bottom of the coil (look through the air holes) running 3.5 - 4 volt and still no fireworks . . . Im stumped

Yup, like I said have tried multiple builds, done by myself and others, I think this atty & I just aren't compatable.

If you go by Psyclone Mod's fluid dynamics model of the Hadaly, it suggests it was designed for the bulk of the incoming air to be directed to the bottom of the coil and under it. I assume so any turbulence created when left and right air meets is directly at/below the coil bottom and then focused straight up around the coil. That's how I have my two Hadaly's set up with RxW (which limits my coil inner diameter to about 2.5mm), one on a mech squonker, the other on a reg mod. Each is built for the joose I am running in them, and the flavor in both is stellar.

h200.jpg

I've tried the coil at various heights but it makes sense to me to have the coils in line with airflow.

Yup, like I said have tried multiple builds, done by myself and others, I think this atty & I just aren't compatable.

Ok I, sometimes end up vaping gear very differently to the rest of the herd. This build has been working like a charm for me.

Thats an understatement, its possibly the best flavour i've had from an RDA, is more accurate.

Which is so odd, because generally popular gear doesn't really wow me. SM25, Goon, Goon LP, Avo, griffin, gemini, etc... all left me cold.

4/5 spaced wrap of 24G N80 3mm ID, with a cotton candy wick, pulled reasonably tight. Been hitting it at 45W

I also think that this atty has a bias to squonking. because if i were using it as a regular dripper and popping the cap to drip.... to be honest i'd probably not have bought it. its too much effort.

WhatsApp Image 2017-02-06 at 13.58.14.jpeg

I tried fused claptons and all that kak, and to be honest for me.... plain old regular 24G N80 has been working way better.

Last edited:
@n0ugh7_zw, first thing I do with atty's that have dual cap o-ring's is remove one of them. Two is over kill on the Hadaly, same as with many others atty's. Even with just one o-ring I get no leaking at all, and removing/installing the SS cap is far easier. When my accessory delrin/acylic/ultem caps get here that are suppose to be even tighter than the SS cap, using just should make them far easier as well. I lube my o-rings with PG.

Back