Serpent RDTA

The Wotofo Troll GTA also looks good. Mike Vapes did a review.
Now this is what I want!! Hope we have it in the next Month or two

d48073ae2521c66dad8ebd67e47d9e5b.png

This one looks almost exactly the same as the Avocado RDTA

What's the difference between RTA and RDTA ?

Good question @kev mac

I liked this post explaining it on a thread on ECF

Basically anything rebuildable with a compartment usually made of glass (sometimes metal sometimes glass/metal hybrid, sometimes high grade plastic, etc) is an RTA - Rebuildable Tank Atomizer

Anything that doesn't hold juice and requires dripping is an RDA - Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (dripper?)

RDTA is just a subsection of RTA that manufactures conjured to separate them from the masses, RTAs. Its basically an RTA but with a slight variation as stated by @Jdurand where the juice goes below the deck and comes up from beneath instead of just from the sides as you see on the Griffin.

Source is here
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/rtas-vs-rdtas.740917/#post-17722573

Member who posted it there is called rice721

What's the difference between RTA and RDTA ?

The build deck on a RDTA is above the juice, and it uses capillary effect to wick as opposed to a conventional RTA which uses gravity

A lot of foolish companies tried to muddy the water by calling things names which they aren't. case in point would be Steamcrave with the Aromamizer RDTA..... its not an RDTA its an RTA it's gravity fed.

Good question @kev mac

I liked this post explaining it on a thread on ECF

Basically anything rebuildable with a compartment usually made of glass (sometimes metal sometimes glass/metal hybrid, sometimes high grade plastic, etc) is an RTA - Rebuildable Tank Atomizer

Anything that doesn't hold juice and requires dripping is an RDA - Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (dripper?)

RDTA is just a subsection of RTA that manufactures conjured to separate them from the masses, RTAs. Its basically an RTA but with a slight variation as stated by @Jdurand where the juice goes below the deck and comes up from beneath instead of just from the sides as you see on the Griffin.

Source is here
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/rtas-vs-rdtas.740917/#post-17722573

Member who posted it there is called rice721

The build deck on a RDTA is above the juice, and it uses capillary effect to wick as opposed to a conventional RTA which uses gravity

A lot of foolish companies tried to muddy the water by calling things names which they aren't. case in point would be Steamcrave with the Aromamizer RDTA..... its not an RDTA its an RTA it's gravity fed.

It is a very thin line, getting even thinner with time. The kind of thing we end up paying layers to define for us at the end of the day. And even then we end up disagreeing with their learned (read expensive) advice.

The pure definition is as @n0ugh7_zw explained but variations are now coming to the fore where the suspended vaporiser chamber is surrounded by juice such as the DigiSon and similar. And yes, a number of RTA's that are clearly not RDTA's are also being marketed as such.

As-if we did not have enough to have heated debates about...

Regards

Looks like wotofo saw the avo and perfected it for single coil / restrictive lung hit, they waited quite some time watching geekvape and LMC/ijoy do the beta testing. Looks great

I want this so badly but will it allow a hands tip to sit flush on top? or is that ultem looking thing part of the drip tip adapter?

I want this so badly but will it allow a hands tip to sit flush on top? or is that ultem looking thing part of the drip tip adapter?
Ultem ring is the drip tip adapter to allow for the standard 510. That's what I gathered from watching a non English review.

Thanks for your reply @skola. I'm honestly so tempted to just pull the trigger and order one of these - considering sirvape just got stock in and most likely they'll be sold out soon. Wotofo has been making killer products lately - and I'm in the market for an RDTA. Mainly looking for flavour, and the 22mm of this one should be good. I'm just reluctant because it's such a new product and there'e been next to no feedback on it. Dilemma :wondering:

22mm? I guess you don't need larger due to it only being single coil.

If those are not spring loaded screws then meh! Springs make it soo much easier to build on I find!
I wish the Goon had spring loaded screws :(

I'll love to hear a review of it from @Rob Fisher considering how highly he speaks of the SM25 and this is very similar.

I wonder if it'll come in Gold?

22mm? I guess you don't need larger due to it only being single coil.

If those are not spring loaded screws then meh! Springs make it soo much easier to build on I find!
I wish the Goon had spring loaded screws :(

I'll love to hear a review of it from @Rob Fisher considering how highly he speaks of the SM25 and this is very similar.

I wonder if it'll come in Gold?

Not sure if I'm going to buy one... it seems similar to the Avo and other RDTA's and I just never got attached to RDTA's.

Not sure if I'm going to buy one... it seems similar to the Avo and other RDTA's and I just never got attached to RDTA's.
I agree with you on the RDTA thing, I loved the idea and concept however in practice it doesn't quite come together as I had hoped it to.

I was hoping this might be different.

Back