Serpent RDTA

d48073ae2521c66dad8ebd67e47d9e5b.png
Want one

I am also in the "I want one category" but firs if one of the members can give us a review, that would help a lot.

Cheers Guys.

This thing is amazing! Just got one. Put the coil that came with it in and at 40watts the flavour is out of this world. Easy to wick, easy to build.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This thing is amazing! Just got one. Put the coil that came with it in and at 40watts the flavour is out of this world. Easy to wick, easy to build.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dibs when you sell it next week!! lol :D

I almost pulled the trigger on it, then I remember how much I despised my Limitless Plus RDTA. I just can't do the whole RDTA thing, I've tried but I just don't like them. My brother on the other hand uses nothing but RDTA's, strange how preferences can be that vastly different.

OK so heres my thoughts. Upfront I have despised all RDTAs with only the AVO24 having awesome flavour for me with no leaks.

Packaging: Standard wotofo packaging with spare glass, restricted tip and wide bore tip, wire, screw driver etc
20170202_084117.jpg

Quality: very good quality, the SS has a smooth finish and is solid.

Build deck:

The build is a non spring loaded clamp and there is a fine line between loosing the screw and the damn thing not moving especially with thicker wires but definitely easy to build on. A plus is having phillips screws instead of having either grubs or screws that are tiny.

20170202_100056.jpg

Notice there is no bottom o ring the dome sits flush against the deck - this makes no leaking a reality

Filling ports:

Two filling port holes which are adequately sized for any decanting instrument be it drip bottle, dropper or even small syringe. Does seem to have some sort of plastic or delrin inserts which is interesting.

The flavour and usage bit

Wicking and filling is easy, just make sure enough cotton to fill the holes completely like any other RDTA. Incidentally not a single drop of juice wasted in the making of this review unlike other RDTAs (looking towards joyetech RDTAs here).

I used a 0.40 ohm 32 gauge with flat wrap at 35 to 40 watts with CBV2 wicking material and SNVL juice.

Flavour is out of this world with airflow full open. I chose SNVL as it has a mixture of sweetness and tartness. Upfront the sweetness of the strawberry and then the tartness of the naartjie and kiwi. The only other tank that this juice was this good was the avo24 however one thing I did note is that serpent RDTA over processes sweetness. With the AVO the sweetness stops and the naartjie/kiwi takeover but on this the juice is ultra sweet, actually abit too much for ADV.

The tank does get hot and I find the standard drip tip too close to the dome and you will get a lekka warm klap but the wider bore compensates for this. Last complaint is the 2.5ml is small and this thing chows build dependent.

The fact that the airflow hits the bottom of the coils directly makes a huge difference on flavour compared to other rdtas with side airflows.

Overall, looks wise she is super sexy and performance is fantastic. Am I going to gorge this one...hell no...absolute winner! I have hated RDTAs the limitless with bottom ring which needs to be removed to wick etc is just a pain in the rear...this is simple eazy peezy lemon squeezy

20170202_095642.jpg

Last edited:
OK so heres my thoughts. Upfront I have despised all RDTAs with only the AVO24 having awesome flavour for me with no leaks.

Packaging: Standard wotofo packaging with spare glass, restricted tip and wide bore tip, wire, screw driver etc
View attachment 83691

Build deck:

The build is a non spring loaded clamp and there is a fine line between loosing the screw and the damn thing not moving especially with thicker wires but definitely easy to build on. A plus is having phillips screws instead of having either grubs or screws that are tiny.

View attachment 83693

Notice there is no bottom o ring the dome sits flush against the deck - this makes no leaking a reality

Filling ports:

Two filling port holes which are adequately sized for any decanting instrument be it drip bottle, dropper or even small syringe. Does seem to have some sort of plastic or delrin inserts which is interesting.

Wicking and filling is easy, just make sure enough cotton to fill the holes completely like any other RDTA. Incidentally not a single drop of juice wasted in the making of this review unlike other RDTAs (looking towards joyetech RDTAs here).

I used a 0.40 ohm 32 gauge with flat wrap at 35 to 40 watts with CBV2 wicking material and SNVL juice.

Flavour is out of this world with airflow full open. I chose SNVL as it has a mixture of sweetness and tartness. Upfront the sweetness of the strawberry and then the tartness of the naartjie and kiwi. The only other tank that this juice was this good was the avo24 however one thing I did note is that serpent RDTA over processes sweetness. With the AVO the sweetness stops and the naartjie/kiwi takeover but on this the juice is ultra sweet, actually abit too much for ADV.

The tank does get hot and I find the standard drip tip too close to the dome and you will get a lekka warm klap but the wider bore compensates for this. Last complaint is the 2.5ml is small and this thing chows build dependent.

Overall, looks wise she is super sexy and performance is fantastic. Am I going to gorge this one...hell no...absolute winner! I have hated RDTAs the limitless with bottom ring which needs to be removed to wick etc is just a pain in the rear...this is simple eazy peezy lemon squeezy

View attachment 83695
Great little review there

Does anyone have a Serpent RDTA and a 22mm Serpent mini?.....I would like to see a size comparison of the two,.....can not find any dimensions on the interweb

View attachment 83701

Build deck:

View attachment 83702

Filling ports:

The fact that the airflow hits the bottom of the coils directly makes a huge difference on flavour compared to other rdtas with side airflows.

View attachment 83703
Awesome review mate, Thanks.

I Have despised my Limitless Pluss RDTA since the 1st moment I started with it, Hands down the reason why I dont own any other RDTAs, but your review might have changed this.

Now I am just waiting for a review on the Troll RTA to make the choice!!

View attachment 83701

Build deck:

View attachment 83702

Filling ports:

View attachment 83703
@incredible_hullk, what a great review. Super duper bud.

I got this "baby" this morning and am blown away with the punch it packs!!!
This is a flavour producer par excellence - period. In addition, building and wicking is a breeze - allowing a novice to dabble with ease.
I changed the supplied SS drip tip to the Ultem wide bore drip tip (supplied) as the SS got uncomfortably hot.
Filling is a easy as pie and leaking is virtually impossible.

IMG_5559.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg

I got this "baby" this morning and am blown away with the punch it packs!!!
This is a flavour producer par excellence - period. In addition, building and wicking is a breeze - allowing a novice to dabble with ease.
I changed the supplied SS drip tip to the Ultem wide bore drip tip (supplied) as the SS got uncomfortably hot.
Filling is a easy as pie and leaking is virtually impossible.

View attachment 84635 View attachment 84636
@Rude Rudi , I am a total noob with RTDA, how long do you make your wick tails, I don't see anytning in the tank? How does it keep the wick wet?

@Petrus trim wicks just as the glass starts and when I vape u keep it horizontal first to wet the wicks

What he said!

Yes, so the juice touches the wick from the bottom just enough to soak them for 6 or so decent draws. Simply tilt each time to 'reload'.

If you make the wicks too long (dangling) it oversaturates the wicks resulting in a 'wet', dull vape.

When wicking, measure to the top of the glass and cut. Them simply tuck 'em in and Bob's your what-not.

The RDTA is the perfect set up where you still experience (pretty close) the intensity of flavour and clouds as you would with a RDA with a little 'cheat' reservoir for the Juice.

Once you get one, you will never go back to a traditional sub ohm tank....

Shout if you want more info...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hi @Rude Rudi - can you confirm the capacity is about ~2.5ml? The 3fvape website is claiming 4ml but I'm doubting that. Thanks!

Another note: I still don't understand how almost no mainstream/english reviewers/retailers have this product yet, but it's here in SA.

Looks like wotofo saw the avo and perfected it for single coil / restrictive lung hit, they waited quite some time watching geekvape and LMC/ijoy do the beta testing. Looks great
Aren't these what used to be called a Genesis tank? If so why do they keep coming up with new terms to confuse me?

hi @Rude Rudi - can you confirm the capacity is about ~2.5ml? The 3fvape website is claiming 4ml but I'm doubting that. Thanks!

Another note: I still don't understand how almost no mainstream/english reviewers/retailers have this product yet, but it's here in SA.

Yes, 2.5ml. The box itself does not specify the tank size but the Sir's site reference it as 2.5ml.

I think the Sir's have some very good contact and always bring us the latest products form around the world...we're lucky indeed!

Aren't these what used to be called a Genesis tank? If so why do they keep coming up with new terms to confuse me?

Yes, a Genesis tank and an RDTA is the same thing today (sort of). It is the evolution of the industry and although there are (strictly speaking) minor differences between a RDTA and a Genesis, the lingo has evolved to know these sort of atomizers as RDTA's

Read more, of you dare, here:
http://vaping360.com/rebuildable-tanks-explained-rbas-vs-rdas-vs-rtas-vs-rdtas/

Back