Wotofo SMRT PnP Rebuildable Coil Kit

I have completely given up on these; they just don't last long enough before needing new coils and cotton.

They were for my wife who vapes far too much for me to keep recoiling these. Pity :(

So what have you found working for you ?

I've put a Recurve RDA on a Pulse 80w and it seems to be smiles all-round! The battery lasts longer, squonk bottle is bigger.

I am just looking for the right coil for it; she prefers a low-powered RDL draw and all I have are Ni80 aliens. :facepalm:

I've put a Recurve RDA on a Pulse 80w and it seems to be smiles all-round! The battery lasts longer, squonk bottle is bigger.

I am just looking for the right coil for it; she prefers a low-powered RDL draw and all I have are Ni80 aliens. :facepalm:

Try Ni80 Tri-Core Fused Clapton in the 0.35-0.4ohm range. Or you can even use Ni80 24G Flatwire (Haywire), works great on RDL tanks and lower power as well.

@Stranger

How long do the SMRT coils last for you?

For me, they seem to last very well. It is however difficult for me to judge because I always have four or five setups on the go.

I did have one which didn't last long but it was my fault. When building it the cotton slipped down about .5 mm, leaving a bit of exposed mesh. It worked well initially but when I rebuilt it I revealed the problem.

@Stranger

How long do the SMRT coils last for you?

For me, they seem to last very well. It is however difficult for me to judge because I always have four or five setups on the go.

I did have one which didn't last long but it was my fault. When building it the cotton slipped down about .5 mm, leaving a bit of exposed mesh. It worked well initially but when I rebuilt it I revealed the problem.
The supplied "cotton" is the problem with longevity I found. One dryish hit and it's bye bye. It's not actually cotton but several layers of some or other paper like substance. Started cutting the old style Japanese cotton sheets to size, thinning them down just a bit by removing the "skin" off one side and ten day's later still not any hint of problems.

Regards

The supplied "cotton" is the problem with longevity I found. One dryish hit and it's bye bye. It's not actually cotton but several layers of some or other paper like substance. Started cutting the old style Japanese cotton sheets to size, thinning them down just a bit by removing the "skin" off one side and ten day's later still not any hint of problems.

Regards

Thanks.

I will get some muji asap.

Thanks for asking, it is a very concise answer I can give you.

Red pill @ +- 4 tanks a day will last me a 100ml mix. 6-7 days

My ADV I can easily get three weeks and 300 ml.

Anecdotal I know but it appears that the juice choice plays a huge role.

I get a similar pattern with my own built coils with the exception that the current wire I am using cleans up better than any other to date. I have re-wicked the one Dvarw clone over ten times without changing the coil.

I do take into account that: I go through a lot of juice, min 100 ml a week for all day vape. Another 10-30 ml on an evening but different tanks.
I don't chain vape
Not high wattage, max 35 but usually 25-30W
There are no sweeteners in my adv, Red pill, who knows?
I only use Red pill or my adv in the Pnp coil
It's exclusively on the Jelly box mini.

So on Sunday I had some rewicking to do on the Intakes and a new coil and wick for the SMRT. As I was checking Ohms and swapping tanks around on the mods I noticed the Intake and the jellybox are quite matchy matchy. As was the MVV II with the pod

Attachments

• IMG_20210712_083215_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210712_083215_HDR.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210712_083230_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210712_083230_HDR.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 20
This story though leads to another one in that I had bought a new one shot from Blck
thumbnail_Pearlosophy-One-Shot_medium.jpg
I had mixed some up and left it to steep and a few days ago I tried it in an Intake. Can't really say I was impressed, It was Ok, you got some flavour but nothing to write home about.
This time though I thought, whatever, I will try it in the pod with a new "Turbo" coil.
Moral of the story here is, never write anything off. Man what a difference a mesh coil and using a pod makes. As it was on the MVV II I took the dial down and then worked it back up until I got the sweet spot. Now I am getting full on flavour, bags of cloud production and that smooth draw that you get with mesh. Instant hit with the MVV II as usual and a short RDL hit. Really really nice. Can't see it as an all day juice but as a session juice in this set up it is very very tasty. I am going to have to try the other two I bought the same way .:)

I have come back to this thread. @TFM sent me some one shot Milkshakes to try and review. The SMRT coil in the Voopoo pod produced some really good and consistent results with these one shots. All my other stuff was "made for purpose" if you know what I mean.

The Voopoo pod and SMRT coil is "stock". Other than your choice of which coil to use there really is no customization, yet despite this the pod and coil produced very good results up against some very good RDA's, some needing twice as much power through them.

If you can live with the little bit of condensation and not being able to change the drip tip = really good value for money considering how inexpensive the rebuild able coils are.

Never let me down on any of the juices in the review.

I have come back to this thread. @TFM sent me some one shot Milkshakes to try and review. The SMRT coil in the Voopoo pod produced some really good and consistent results with these one shots. All my other stuff was "made for purpose" if you know what I mean.

The Voopoo pod and SMRT coil is "stock". Other than your choice of which coil to use there really is no customization, yet despite this the pod and coil produced very good results up against some very good RDA's, some needing twice as much power through them.

If you can live with the little bit of condensation and not being able to change the drip tip = really good value for money considering how inexpensive the rebuild able coils are.

Never let me down on any of the juices in the review.
Agree fully. Retired some really ‘class’ atty’s and only using these with the Worofo kits for six or so months now.

Regards

I can relate to your experience @Raindance .

There is something weirdly fulfilling finding a simple rebuildable that ticks all the boxes. Pnp SMRT coils give great flavour and are easy to build, They are cheap and take away the longing for something better. I have four of them running at the moment.

The only reason I sometimes use one from my collection of attys is that I feel guilty about ignoring them.

Saw this on Reddit and tried it out.

Switched to moji cotton strips.
Cut 2 strips and remove outter layers and combine.

Where the supplied (paper) strips lasted me 4 days on desert juice I am now getting close to 2 weeks with better flavor and better wicking.

Really a game changer this.

65552a6a8b8b90fa77564f2004ff473d.jpg
d6ce00039c5ca295e1fbfe2462e51442.jpg

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Saw this on Reddit and tried it out.

Switched to moji cotton strips.
Cut 2 strips and remove outter layers and combine.

Where the supplied (paper) strips lasted me 4 days on desert juice I am now getting close to 2 weeks with better flavor and better wicking.

Really a game changer this.

65552a6a8b8b90fa77564f2004ff473d.jpg
d6ce00039c5ca295e1fbfe2462e51442.jpg

I like that idea, think I'll be pre-cutting some Muji today for tonight's pitstop for the Mrs and give it a go, might solve my bi-weekly pod changes for her.

I like that idea, think I'll be pre-cutting some Muji today for tonight's pitstop for the Mrs and give it a go, might solve my bi-weekly pod changes for her.
I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised by improved flavor and coil longevity

Thanks @DougP

I am also willing to give this a try. In my earlier journey I would do this with some sub ohm tank coils that I stripped. I also think this will be a solution for the Dead Rabbit R when they get here.

Thanks @DougP

I am also willing to give this a try. In my earlier journey I would do this with some sub ohm tank coils that I stripped. I also think this will be a solution for the Dead Rabbit R when they get here.
Just make sure you double the strip.

Haven't had a smidgeon of a leak, or dry hit so far.

This is why I love following the Reddit vaping forums, found some good info there...

That Dead Rabbit R has difinetly got my attention

Back