Clones Sub-Forum?

Should there be a separate sub-forum for Clones ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Or i just thought about this now ...... why dont we do like in the past of kayfun and russian were we would just discuss it in 1 tread clone or not . without moving post or other stuff . In the italian forum that i am work like that . U just say kayfun etc etc etc . and if u need help or something go more into details .
@Rob Fisher @Silver as admins what do u think ?

So jus a small question but these threads r getting so detailed I've lost track completely. I understand and respect that threads jus stay mostly on topic. Much like in any HE thread non HE talk gets removed. Then in the same light half of this talk on this thread should b removed. These threads r becoming to bombarded with all kinds of discussions. @Daniel started this thread for simply a vote and being decent about it and now it's about wat mod would chuck Norris be?

Yip agree with @Scouse45 , any other discussion they would be moved or deleted but I suppose it depends how serious influential members take it. Shame & a pity.

I still maintain that the term HE & LE should be banned from use on the forum lol #ForumDivisionMustFall #Adultscantadult #BuyWhatYouCanDallaWhatYouMust :-D

The forum is allready (and will be )devided in any case so why not create a LE sub forum.

So jus a small question but these threads r getting so detailed I've lost track completely. I understand and respect that threads jus stay mostly on topic. Much like in any HE thread non HE talk gets removed. Then in the same light half of this talk on this thread should b removed. These threads r becoming to bombarded with all kinds of discussions. @Daniel started this thread for simply a vote and being decent about it and now it's about wat mod would chuck Norris be?
Im sorry, here i need to put my foot down. Ive been a member of this forum for some time and never posted anything controversial. But isnt this forum supposed to be fun? Isnt vaping supposed to be fun? We as vapers do what we do IMO to live longer and to enjoy the hell out of it while we do so. This forum has become WAY to serious, instead of sitting back and enjoying the ride. I am alive today as a result of vaping my lungs collapsed almost 4 years ago due to 2 packs a day. And dammit, if i want to post a pic of Mr Norris vaping, i bloody hell will do so. I love vaping, i love waking up in the morning and be able to breath, i love the thought knowing I wil be there when my 2 kids get married one day and give me the chance to be the weird grandpa pulling pranks on my grandkids. I personally feel this forum is taking itself too serious. Bloody hell people, just see what we have accomplished, live life and post as much Chuck Norris pics as you want. LIFE IS TOO SHORT

Or i just thought about this now ...... why dont we do like in the past of kayfun and russian were we would just discuss it in 1 tread clone or not . without moving post or other stuff . In the italian forum that i am work like that . U just say kayfun etc etc etc . and if u need help or something go more into details .
@Rob Fisher @Silver as admins what do u think ?
Totally agree

Sent from my Note 4

@Daniel i think you need to change the poll to whether the members feel that clones and non clones / he - non he can be discussed together

Sent from my Note 4

Doesn't matter what hardware he uses, The Chuck roundhouse kicks 100 mg nic (PG based) in the throat.

That's nothing. @Silver uses that as his daily driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My vote : No. - Are we going to discuss the merits of an SXK clone vs an HCigar clone vs a generic ABC 'styled' clone and insist on separate threads or sub-sections for each one too ? There are likely just too many to want to categorize each of them.

Would you discuss you tuned-up Vee-Dub Golf in a Porsche sub-forum, just because you have a set of Michelins in common ? Is your entry level B-class Benz really the same level as the AMG F1, since both are by Mercedes Benz and they both share technology from the Formula 1 engineering team ?
Leave the Porches where they belong, and discuss your VW where the other are discussing theirs. Tuned, stock, second-hand or brand spanking new, it still does the same thing. It gets you from point A to point B.

My opinion: If you cannot constructively contribute to any thread, just steer clear of it. Simple. Repeat after me - 'Walk away...'
Leave the 'HE showcases' if it offends you. Do not turn into an a-class a-hole and post irrelevant crap that you know will offend someone else. Grow a pair and/or grow up. At the very least, try to act like a grown-up, no matter what your inner child is telling you to do. Just don't be THAT guy.

I am just soooo over all of this constant nagging, digging & trolling. It's becoming a ball-ache, or should I say bawl-ache ?
You are only letting the HE vs non-HE or Clone vs Authentic debates polarize you into a specific camp because you WANT it to. The rest of the majority doesn't give a hoot either way, but we still have to share this sandbox with you. Try to accommodate us too, please?

EDIT : Just for clarity - this is a stab in general, not aimed at the OP. If the shoe fits...

Last edited:
My vote : No. - Are we going to discuss the merits of an SXK clone vs an HCigar clone vs a generic ABC 'styled' clone and insist on separate threads or sub-sections for each one too ? There are likely just too many to want to categorize each of them.

Would you discuss you tuned-up Vee-Dub Golf in a Porsche sub-forum, just because you have a set of Michelins in common ? Is your entry level B-class Benz really the same level as the AMG F1, since both are by Mercedes Benz and they both share technology from the Formula 1 engineering team ?
Leave the Porches where they belong, and discuss your VW where the other are discussing theirs. Tuned, stock, second-hand or brand spanking new, it still does the same thing. It gets you from point A to point B.

My opinion: If you cannot constructively contribute to any thread, just steer clear of it. Simple. Repeat after me - 'Walk away...'
Leave the 'HE showcases' if it offends you. Do not turn into an a-class a-hole and post irrelevant crap that you know will offend someone else. Grow a pair and/or grow up. At the very least, try to act like a grown-up, no matter what your inner child is telling you to do. Just don't be THAT guy.

I am just soooo over all of this constant nagging, digging & trolling. It's becoming a ball-ache, or should I say bawl-ache ?
You are only letting the HE vs non-HE or Clone vs Authentic debates polarize you into a specific camp because you WANT it to. The rest of the majority doesn't give a hoot either way, but we still have to share this sandbox with you. Try to accommodate us too, please?

EDIT : Just for clarity - this is a stab in general, not aimed at the OP. If the shoe fits...

Shoe doesn't fit... can we maybe try a different size please?

Jokes aside... I completely agree. It's only a small number of members out of the vast majority that are getting involved in this argument which isn't even a HE-LE debate per se... it's a clone vs authentic situation going on here.

I, for one, go between the authentic and clone threads using equally good advice from either to the betterment of my vape. Is separate threads not division enough? I understand it's necessary to keep the the thread separate but a sub forum would be defeating the purpose of this forum in its entirety. We are all here to be united as vapers... not united but segregated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The issues run deeper than clone vs authentic. There are a set of rules for some and a completely different set of rules for the rest. You can disagree if you like but just look at this thread, would this have been allowed in Hand Check or any similar thread? Bet not, admin would have been all over it like flies on........you get my drift.

I understand it's necessary to keep the the thread separate but a sub forum would be defeating the purpose of this forum in its entirety.

Why? Discounting the vendor sub-forums, we have over 50 different sub-forums as it is. If I'm having a problem with the fire button on my 300W mod, do I put it in My Vape Broke, Ask a Vape Veteran or High Wattage Devices? If I find an article claiming that flavourings pose health risks, do I put it in News and Media or Health Matters? Which forum a thread is posted in doesn't make any difference to normal browsing imo. If I post a review of a new mod in General Vaporiser Talk, is it going to be read by fewer, more or the same number of people as if I put it in Hardware Watch? Whatever forum I put it in, it's going to appear at the top of the Vape Discussions list the moment I post the thread. And it will return to the top every time someone replies. So I see no difference.

Where it does make a difference is if someone new joins, has a particular interest in something and wants to read old threads on it. So someone who has just started vaping and wants to find out about health will find a whole bunch of threads in Health Matters. Or News and Media. If someone new joins, has a low budget and can only afford clones, is it not helpful to have all reviews and discussions of clone gear in one sub-forum?

Why do members feel that having a sub-forum for something causes division and people to be picked on? We have a sub-forum for High Wattage Devices. Are owners of 300W mods being picked on, or is it owners of single-cell 80W mods who are being picked on?

Why? Discounting the vendor sub-forums, we have over 50 different sub-forums as it is. If I'm having a problem with the fire button on my 300W mod, do I put it in My Vape Broke, Ask a Vape Veteran or High Wattage Devices? If I find an article claiming that flavourings pose health risks, do I put it in News and Media or Health Matters? Which forum a thread is posted in doesn't make any difference to normal browsing imo. If I post a review of a new mod in General Vaporiser Talk, is it going to be read by fewer, more or the same number of people as if I put it in Hardware Watch? Whatever forum I put it in, it's going to appear at the top of the Vape Discussions list the moment I post the thread. And it will return to the top every time someone replies. So I see no difference.

Where it does make a difference is if someone new joins, has a particular interest in something and wants to read old threads on it. So someone who has just started vaping and wants to find out about health will find a whole bunch of threads in Health Matters. Or News and Media. If someone new joins, has a low budget and can only afford clones, is it not helpful to have all reviews and discussions of clone gear in one sub-forum?

Why do members feel that having a sub-forum for something causes division and people to be picked on? We have a sub-forum for High Wattage Devices. Are owners of 300W mods being picked on, or is it owners of single-cell 80W mods who are being picked on?

Having a thread for it will check all the above boxes for you without conclusive division. No body is being picked on and I feel sad for those who feel victimized because that means you're hyper sensitive to trolls and keyboard warriors in today's day and age. I personally use information from both the clone and authentic threads simultaneously to the betterment of my vape experience, while having a laugh at the digs thrown around. Having a sub forum creates division by indicating that if you can afford it, you go there... If you cant... Then back of the bus for you!!

The number one reason people buy clones is because the authentic is so friggin awesome that they (and myself included) also want to experience this wonderful vape experience but are unable to afford, or source the authentic. They can still learn and hear thoughts and experiences from the guys who own authentics and vice versa right?! So why the division? Have we really become a forum where price determines where out posts will go? If that's the case then lets institute a subscription fee buy in to the HE threads so the rest of us can not only not afford the equipment, but can't afford to comment and insult the big boys either.

I personally find it offensive that a moderator finds it fine to tell members to grow up, calls them children and in effect trouble stirrers' for having an opinion and airing their views. You refer to "the majority" not giving a hoot about our opinions but how on earth do you know we are not in the majority! This entire site appears to have become the playground of the elite and wealthy who rule the roost with their absolute disdain for the entry level or middle class vape enthusiast. The jealous guarding of the BB discussion for "authentic" only is a case in point. I sadly and with considerable regret think it's time for me to move on to a forum that tolerates and respects opinions that differ from the moderators' and staff members.

Back