Clones Sub-Forum?

Should there be a separate sub-forum for Clones ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I personally find it offensive that a moderator finds it fine to tell members to grow up, calls them children and in effect trouble stirrers' for having an opinion and airing their views. You refer to "the majority" not giving a hoot about our opinions but how on earth do you know we are not in the majority! This entire site appears to have become the playground of the elite and wealthy who rule the roost with their absolute disdain for the entry level or middle class vape enthusiast. The jealous guarding of the BB discussion for "authentic" only is a case in point. I sadly and with considerable regret think it's time for me to move on to a forum that tolerates and respects opinions that differ from the moderators' and staff members.

@Scott , you are more than welcome to have an own opinion, and state it, and no one on here will think any less of you for that. In fact, you are encouraged to have your say in matters, share your experiences - joys and disappointments with us all. Just do it where it is relevant, and keep it civil.
It's a simple ask.

Slag me all you want, but as a moderator, I find it offensive that members have absolutely no tolerance and minimal respect for each other. This is not common behaviour for this community and this forum. I have met and interacted with quite a few of the members on a social level, and it is always a very pleasant vibe. I love the banter and the camaraderie that has always been part of the spirit of this forum.
More recently, virtually every thread discussing HE vs non-HE or clones vs authentics turns into a verbal abuse session, where half the posts have to be scrubbed. It detracts from the value of the information provided, and it has become quite common, instead of being the odd exception here and there. It is very disheartening and disappointing, and NOT encouraged.
If we all behave like grown-ups and discuss matters like grown-ups, there would be no reason to treat anyone like a misbehaving toddler.

I'm not phased by any exclusivity, but I can easily appreciate the beauty in good craftsmanship. I can also appreciate the fact that some clones are well-built and costs a fraction of the original's price. To top it all, I can do this all without a single sneering or condescending comment or attitude to either of the owners, as each of them are happy with the device they bought, and they are vaping.

IMO

Clone / Comercial / High End are three different markets

Seperating them would decrease clutter and pointless testosterone fueled arguments and debates , not a separate forum as some misinterpreted, simply a different section

In Comercial and high end threads the participants can discuss the product/problems/solutions/ect. without clutter

In clone threads the participants can discuss the various versions/accuracy/quality/comparisons aswell as the above !

Eg. After reading a thread on product "x" I am interested in product "x" but im not willing to pay "y" for it, I can check out thread "clone x" read/inquire and make a decision from there . . . No harm done

I do like the idea or a "naughty/clown" reaction . . . Lets the poster know they are going off topic without any negative backlash that a dislike or disagree might invoke

Of course none of this is necessary but i recon it could help keep discussion and emotions on track

Peace

Last edited:
@Scott , you are more than welcome to have an own opinion, and state it, and no one on here will think any less of you for that. In fact, you are encouraged to have your say in matters, share your experiences - joys and disappointments with us all. Just do it where it is relevant, and keep it civil.
It's a simple ask.

Slag me all you want, but as a moderator, I find it offensive that members have absolutely no tolerance and minimal respect for each other. This is not common behaviour for this community and this forum. I have met and interacted with quite a few of the members on a social level, and it is always a very pleasant vibe. I love the banter and the camaraderie that has always been part of the spirit of this forum.
More recently, virtually every thread discussing HE vs non-HE or clones vs authentics turns into a verbal abuse session, where half the posts have to be scrubbed. It detracts from the value of the information provided, and it has become quite common, instead of being the odd exception here and there. It is very disheartening and disappointing, and NOT encouraged.
If we all behave like grown-ups and discuss matters like grown-ups, there would be no reason to treat anyone like a misbehaving toddler.

I'm not phased by any exclusivity, but I can easily appreciate the beauty in good craftsmanship. I can also appreciate the fact that some clones are well-built and costs a fraction of the original's price. To top it all, I can do this all without a single sneering or condescending comment or attitude to either of the owners, as each of them are happy with the device they bought, and they are vaping.
Please get off your high horse and tell me where or when I was not civil and referring to me as a misbehaving toddler is totally unbecoming of a person of your stature on the forum. I think you need to read your latest posts objectively and contemplate over just who is not being civil.

Please get off your high horse and tell me where or when I was not civil and referring to me as a misbehaving toddler is totally unbecoming of a person of your stature on the forum. I think you need to read your latest posts objectively and contemplate over just who is not being civil.

You seem to be hell-bent that I am directing this at you. Maybe take a step back and re-read this and other threads. If you can find where I indicated you specifically are behaving like a toddler, I'd gladly apologize.

EDIT : Just for clarity - this is a stab in general, not aimed at the OP. If the shoe fits...

It's a simple ask.

Please indicate how you could possibly perceive this post as being directed at anyone but me personally? You begin it by using my name and responding to all I said. Come on give me a break! You posted it now take ownership and responsibility for the words used and don't use "generalization" as an excuse when you patently insulted a fellow member.

You seem to be hell-bent that I am directing this at you. Maybe take a step back and re-read this and other threads. If you can find where I indicated you specifically are behaving like a toddler, I'd gladly apologize.
@Kuhlkatz let's put an end to this animosity. I believe it's making us both steep to place's that neither of us wish to be viewed. Our current conduct is not good for the forum or ourselves. Please accept my apology and lets move on. To anybody else offended by my tirade I apologise. This forum is a lot bigger than the two us and there is plenty of better things to exhaust our time and energy on than tit-for-tatting and niggling each other. I let my emotions get the better of me on a topic I feel strongly about but that doesn't excuse abusing other members enjoyment of the forum. Time for me to take a chill pill

Well , seems this thread turned out like "The Days of our Lives" , much like the forum :p

I will leave this Poll running for another week and let's see what happens.

Lot's of positive points came out of this , hopefully the powers that be takes heed and addresses some of the issues as well as suggestions around the functionality of the forum.

Thanks to all who have contributed so far , and to those who have not well let's just say your opinion matters as well it seems even though how irrelevant to the topic at hand it may seem to be :p

Thanks for starting this thread @Daniel

I came in here a bit late. I see I have been tagged by several members.

Just to let you know we are monitoring this thread and I agree, there have been some helpful comments and suggestions. Will look at it further and continue watching.

Having a thread for it will check all the above boxes for you without conclusive division.

I dunno, I can see the point of separating the discussions. Just like I can see the point of separating commercial and DIY juice discussions. If we are talking about a strawberry cream juice profile, sure, we could cover both commercial and DIY in the same thread. But what will happen is that some DIYers will give strawb cream recipes then a commercial mixer will chip in that people shouldn't harm their health with bathtub juice. Then DIYers will shoot back that commercial juice is over-priced, over-sweetened rubbish. And then you have flame wars. We have separate areas for DIY and commercial juice. So if each party stays out of the other one's area, things remain calm.

I'm not saying a Clones sub-forum will mean that sweetness and light will break out and we'll have no more fighting. Having a Clones sub-forum isn't going to stop people posting that clones are rubbish and IP theft, any more than having an HE sub-forum has stopped people going into authentic threads and talking about clones. The two groups are unfortunately at loggerheads. I don't think that is due to the forum structure nor will it be solved by changes to the forum structure. But I do think that having a Clones sub-forum would be a good resource for new vapers who want to do research on which clones are good and which not. So I see this topic in light of the forum's usability to new vapers, not in light of a solution to the HE v LE wars. That will only be solved when people no longer seek confrontation.

I dunno, I can see the point of separating the discussions. Just like I can see the point of separating commercial and DIY juice discussions. If we are talking about a strawberry cream juice profile, sure, we could cover both commercial and DIY in the same thread. But what will happen is that some DIYers will give strawb cream recipes then a commercial mixer will chip in that people shouldn't harm their health with bathtub juice. Then DIYers will shoot back that commercial juice is over-priced, over-sweetened rubbish. And then you have flame wars. We have separate areas for DIY and commercial juice. So if each party stays out of the other one's area, things remain calm.

I'm not saying a Clones sub-forum will mean that sweetness and light will break out and we'll have no more fighting. Having a Clones sub-forum isn't going to stop people posting that clones are rubbish and IP theft, any more than having an HE sub-forum has stopped people going into authentic threads and talking about clones. The two groups are unfortunately at loggerheads. I don't think that is due to the forum structure nor will it be solved by changes to the forum structure. But I do think that having a Clones sub-forum would be a good resource for new vapers who want to do research on which clones are good and which not. So I see this topic in light of the forum's usability to new vapers, not in light of a solution to the HE v LE wars. That will only be solved when people no longer seek confrontation.

To each his own mate.... I suppose there are both pros and cons to either scenario. Ultimately it is the responsibility of the individual to not be offended by internet ninjas, and by the same token, not offend others.

LOL, thanks @Scott , now you just peed on my battery BIG time... I had to delete my entire, elaborate (yet civil) response I was busy with :D

No apology needed, mate. I hold no grudges and I think we share more frustrations in certain respects than you can imagine.

I do apologize if I offended you, but that was not the intention. I am familiar with your posts and style, and believe me, none of my comments was directed at you.

I merely wish that ALL members take a step away from the keyboard if they get hot under the collar and not try to get in a final dig in any of the arguments that seem to somehow keep on dividing forumites on clones vs noclones or HE / LE / Non-HE. It is really unnecessary and just creates more animosity, and also increases the number of grey hairs I am sprouting.

I think (read secretly hope) that a large portion of members (should) share the sentiment that we do not want, or need any more camps or cliques to be formed. I voted no, as I'm concerned that by 'dividing' the gear even further, it will water down the content and inhibit people from posting their likes, preferences and experiences on their kit. Clones are here to stay, but so are the originals.

/DaysOfOurLives - @Daniel ;)

If an individual is clearly out and about posting comments, with the intended purpose of "upsetting or trolling" other members or to just stirr the pot, the moderator should politely ask said member to refrain from his actions, and take the discussion up with the member in a private message as opposed to doing so publicly as has been seen on this very thread.

I also welcome @Silver input on this topic, as I personally find him to very level headed, fair and just. A calm head is needed to resolve the issues at hand.

If an individual is clearly out and about posting comments, with the intended purpose of "upsetting or trolling" other members or to just stirr the pot, the moderator should politely ask said member to refrain from his actions, and take the discussion up with the member in a private message as opposed to doing so publicly as has been seen on this very thread.

I also welcome @Silver input on this topic, as I personally find him to very level headed, fair and just. A calm head is needed to resolve the issues at hand.
Sometimes I think @Silver is too calm. we may need to check pulse every now and again.

Back